[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.3.9a (Android 2.2.1) [08Jun2012]

Search This thread

vikasbn

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks to all the people who have made CM possible on the milestone. Thanks in particular to Kabaldan and Milaq who have carried on developing for the milestone.

I've kept the same numbering as milaq. And since he stopped at 6.3.6, I've started the numbering from 6.3.7.

Note:
Keyboard layout is by default qwerty (it was euro_qwerty in milaq's ROM). Change it on first boot through Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Input Settings -> Keyboard layout

CyanogenMod 6 (FroYo)
This is a forked CM6 from milaq with feature backports from kabaldan's CM7

Source: https://github.com/vikasbn/

08 Jun 2012
* Fixes FC in Settings -> Applications -> Running Services

01 Jun 2012
* Latest fixes for some packages/apps
* Changed battery capacity to 1420 (the rating on MS battery is 1390min/1420typ -- I had read it wrong the first time)
* Lock Home in memory by default (better performance, lesser launcher redraws)
* Show CPU Info and RAM info in 'About Phone'
* Wider camera profile (854x480, was 720x480 earlier)

04 May 2012
* Long press Widgets in notification bar to get to settings
* Option to disable boot animation (shaves off about 10-12s from boot time)
* Dspbridge backport from kabaldan's CM7
* LatinIME and MMS app to run in systemui process
* Changed battery capacity to 1390 in power profile
* Improve scrolling cache backport
* Added sysctl.conf from kabaldan's CM7 (has new min_free value to alleviate RAM fragmentation)
* Some ICS transitions (like while closing/opening a window)

19 Apr 2012:
* Backported option to hide hold button on in-call screen
* Backported the LED settings rewrite. So the Notification LED settings is now the same as CM7 (faster)

Downloads:
* 6.3.9a (08 Jun 2012)
* 6.3.9 (01 Jun 2012)
* 6.3.8 (04 May 2012)
* 6.3.7 (19 Apr 2012 )
* gapps (01-11-2011)

Last edited:

hearts king101

Nov 1, 2010
Jizan
Nice work! Thanks for looking those up. THat makes it easy :)

Can u backport calling in background and the keyboard ?and access WiFi, Bluetooth, ...... settings thru status bar toggles ( long press on icon takes u to setting )? plus play\pause thru camera button while screen off .

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:

vikasbn

Apr 17, 2012
Can u backport calling in background and the keyboard ?and access WiFi, Bluetooth, ...... settings thru status bar toggles ( long press on icon takes u to setting )? plus play\pause thru camera button while screen off .

Thanks in advance ;)

Long press to settings from Notification bar toggle is on my ToDo list too. Let's see how that goes.

juanono

Jun 22, 2011
You should try to contact 89luca89 if you haven't already, as he managed to do some neat stuff (like the settings from notification bar thingie) on his froyomod.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA

dstruct2k

Jan 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Google Pixel 4
I think you have to be at least part-dev to be able to use this thing on a daily basis. Motorola gave up on us a long time ago, and the "average" end-user would've taken this device back to their carrier the first time they tried to run Angry Birds and it FC'd because of insufficient RAM.

Don't get me wrong, I love this thing and still can't find a QWERTY-slider replacement from my carrier that has at least the same specs, but I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if Telus got the Milestone4. Or if Samsung decided to do a QWERTY-slider Galaxy S III.

vikasbn

Apr 17, 2012
I think you have to be at least part-dev to be able to use this thing on a daily basis. Motorola gave up on us a long time ago, and the "average" end-user would've taken this device back to their carrier the first time they tried to run Angry Birds and it FC'd because of insufficient RAM.

Don't get me wrong, I love this thing and still can't find a QWERTY-slider replacement from my carrier that has at least the same specs, but I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if Telus got the Milestone4. Or if Samsung decided to do a QWERTY-slider Galaxy S III.

haha, you are right about that. Though i'm not sure i'll buy a samsung till they improve their build quality. my milestone has withstood some really amazing things.

Blo0dyGER

Feb 13, 2011
Do i just flash this over old CM6? And please try to port the Overclock Settings which changed the cpu freq. It's the only thing I'm missing from CM7.

Vatazhka

Jul 13, 2010
Do you intend to include AOSP security fixes to the FroYo branch, i.e. the 2.2.3 vs. 2.2.2 diff? I'm also curious what changes had been left off 2.2.2 apart from the infamous SMS/MMS routing bug which was backported by Kabaldan...

Sent from my Milestone

Last edited:

vikasbn

Apr 17, 2012
Do you intend to include AOSP security fixes to the FroYo branch, i.e. the 2.2.3 vs. 2.2.2 diff? I'm also curious what changes had been left off 2.2.2 apart from the infamous SMS/MMS routing bug which was backported by Kabaldan...

Sent from my Milestone

I'm not sure I'll be merging from AOSP, but CM branch sure. I don't know about the SMS bug, I'll ask kabaldan. THanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to all the people who have made CM possible on the milestone. Thanks in particular to Kabaldan and Milaq who have carried on developing for the milestone.

I've kept the same numbering as milaq. And since he stopped at 6.3.6, I've started the numbering from 6.3.7.

Note:
    Keyboard layout is by default qwerty (it was euro_qwerty in milaq's ROM). Change it on first boot through Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Input Settings -> Keyboard layout

CyanogenMod 6 (FroYo)
    This is a forked CM6 from milaq with feature backports from kabaldan's CM7

Source: https://github.com/vikasbn/

08 Jun 2012
    * Fixes FC in Settings -> Applications -> Running Services

01 Jun 2012
    * Latest fixes for some packages/apps
    * Changed battery capacity to 1420 (the rating on MS battery is 1390min/1420typ -- I had read it wrong the first time)
    * Lock Home in memory by default (better performance, lesser launcher redraws)
    * Show CPU Info and RAM info in 'About Phone'
    * Wider camera profile (854x480, was 720x480 earlier)

04 May 2012
    * Long press Widgets in notification bar to get to settings
    * Option to disable boot animation (shaves off about 10-12s from boot time)
    * Dspbridge backport from kabaldan's CM7
    * LatinIME and MMS app to run in systemui process
    * Changed battery capacity to 1390 in power profile
    * Improve scrolling cache backport
    * Added sysctl.conf from kabaldan's CM7 (has new min_free value to alleviate RAM fragmentation)
    * Some ICS transitions (like while closing/opening a window)

19 Apr 2012:
    * Backported option to hide hold button on in-call screen
    * Backported the LED settings rewrite. So the Notification LED settings is now the same as CM7 (faster)

Downloads:
    * 6.3.9a (08 Jun 2012)
    * 6.3.9 (01 Jun 2012)
    * 6.3.8 (04 May 2012)
    * 6.3.7 (19 Apr 2012 )
    * gapps (01-11-2011)
    Sorry to intrude here, but I have to correct the information given here:

The mute call issue has been already fixed 5 days ago by this patch - https://github.com/nadlabak/android...mmit/527d999331af58437976e15936e6cf9136ca9782
    I've used Theme-Porter in the past and it works great.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737526

The setup is a bit fuzzy but I had made a post in that thread that sums it up nicely.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12143085#post12143085

I had just posted an updated mediafire link too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25883250#post25883250

You can use it to port ANY cm6 (probably any froyo rom and below) theme from ANY device easily since it uses your current theme as a "template" and updates it with graphics from another theme.
    new build up...

new build up if any of you interested :)
    some theme for this rom?

Sent from my Milestone using xda premium

You can use UOT kitchen ;)

I made a theme for me and you can get it from HERE If you want.
    All credits go to the developers.
    As usual BACKUP first

Hope u like it. ;)

Regards,