[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7.1 Nightly-Unofficial HTC MAGIC

Search This thread

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
Hi, I've compiled for my HTC Magic the Cyanogenmod rom from source.

I want to share it, maybe someone want this on his magic.

I want to thank yoshi, looking at his rom helped a lot! And farmatito for his kernel!

Thank to sada23 for the testing and the support and bug fixing!

For the Dream you need DangerSPL.

07.08.11 UPDATED!

- Updated to Android 2.3.5 and the various bugfixes of the Cyanogenmod

04.07.11 UPDATED!

- More compcache dimension values (66 max)

02.07.11 UPDATED!

19.06.11 UPDATED!

-videos now work (thanks to sada23)

18.06.11 UPDATED!

-bluetooth now it's working also on dream and 32b (Thanks to sada23)

15.06.11_2 UPDATED!

-Jit Enabled
-heap size 24m to avoid out of memory
-Working also on 32b and Dream (except for bluetooth)

ROM:
update-cm-7.1.0-Jordan-DS-07.08.11.zip

farmatito's Kernel:
auto-boot-2.6.35.13-farmatito-pershoot-ds-BFS%2B-20110518.zip

Gapps:
gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Some Dream photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

PHOTO 3

Some Magic 32a photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND UNSUPPORTED AND ALSO UNOFFICIAL.

flash it at your own risk and all comments are useful!

-Do a Wipe
-Flash the rom
-Flash gapps
-Flash the farmatito's kernel or ezterry's one, it depends on what works for you
-Reboot

When I'll build new version I'll upload here.

Last edited:

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
Very interesting! :)

It will fill a gap in the Old Radio section. It's the only based on CM. I will test it and as soon as i can i will give some feedback. :)

Greetings

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
Thank you,

Updated the .zip .. su wasn't working

snap20110601_191440.png

snap20110601_191450.png

Last edited:

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
I have one question. This kernel is made by you or can i use farmatito's or pershoot's kernel? :)

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
I have one question. This kernel is made by you or can i use farmatito's or pershoot's kernel? :)

I have not compiled any kernel. I've used the kernel from yoshi rom because it worked well with my compiled system and radio/spl.

I'm new to the Magic's XDA room because I have bought this phone a couple of days ago. If you can mention to me who thanks for the kernel I will append their names to the first post, I don't want to stole anyone's work.

Also for the question, I don't know the answer.. I'm new to this phone and it's not my main phone so I don't use it so much.. If you can do some experiments I think it will be useful also for others.

Last edited:

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
I have not compiled any kernel. I've used the kernel from yoshi rom because it worked well with my compiled system and radio/spl.

I'm new to the Magic's XDA room because I have bought this phone a couple of days ago. If you can mention to me who thanks for the kernel I will append their names to the first post, I don't want to stole anyone's work.

Also for the question, I don't know the answer.. I'm new to this phone and it's not my main phone so I don't use it so much.. If you can do some experiments I think it will be useful also for others.

Ok. :) I will test those two and after that i'll give feedback. Does it feel faster or stabler than Ginger Yoshi in your opinion? I know that the a creator always think that his work is the best, but i can't help it to ask anyway. :p

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
I've used ginger yoshi for about 5 minutes just to see if angry birds runs also on others rom so slow...

I don't know what rom it's faster sorry

Unkjcr

Jul 19, 2010
Hi again! :)

I can confirm that both farmatito's and pershoot's kernel works with this ROM. The ROM boots ok, but it seems a little slow. Not slower than Yoshi, but slower than carz's CM7. I don't think yoshi is a good ROM for you to look at in order to enhance your ROM. I don't know why, and it could be something that i do wrong, but Ginger Yoshi is the slowest GB ROM for Magic right now.

About your ROM itself. I think multi-language should be a priority in your list. I get some FC here and there, but nothing unbearable. In short, it's a pretty good ROM for a first try! Although i think it still needs some work on it. :)

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Keep up with this work. It as potential. Good luck!

Greetings :)

Last edited:

jackmanzan

Mar 12, 2010
Auckland
Fantastic work!

Brilliant Rom, I couldn't find any GB Roms that would work on my phone and then stumbled upon this one ;-).............fantastic.

One issue though...........I have the same radio and spl as the creator but whenever I try and use live wallpapers they all force close, except maps?!?

It may be the kernel but I thought I would ask if any one has has similar issues.

Reactions: Jordan5222

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
I will take a look to live wallpaper crashes today, maybe I can find what is wrong.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Jordan5222

Nov 10, 2010
One issue though...........I have the same radio and spl as the creator but whenever I try and use live wallpapers they all force close, except maps?!?

It may be the kernel but I thought I would ask if any one has has similar issues.

I get it work. Go to the Settings menu, Cyanogenmod, Performance, and put the VM size to 24 mb, and also turn on the JIT Compiler.

We were running out of memory with the bitmap of the wallpaper. In the next release I'll try to hard code this options into the rom.

Also if you're not using live wallpaper that things will help with performance.

Now with the cpu at 614 mhz I'm doing 360-370 on Quadrant

snap20110602_101626.png

Last edited:
Reactions: castaway1

acronimo

May 18, 2006
Italy
Hi Jordan thank for your tips!
The ROM CM7.1 is very fast compared to Yoshy ROM and everything seems to work perfectly. I'll try this rom in next days.

Thanks thanks thanks a lot!!!!

acronimo

May 18, 2006
Italy
Does it work with SPL & Radio shipped on 32A?

I have SLP 1.33.2010 and Radio 3.22.20.17 MAGIC 32A TIM

This Rom is faster and faster, finally my phone is a rocket ;-) !! Tips from Jordan (put the VM size to 24 mb, and also turn on the JIT Compiler) are perfect.
I use also AUTOKILER whit setting "STRICT 60,70,80" and my battery now at 8:00PM has 60% charg!!! WOW ...

Best rom in shappire section in this moment!!!

It seems everything work, but I'll have to test the rom for at least 5 or 6 days...

Thanks Jordan!

!_Ale13star_!

Nov 1, 2010
Best rom on my 32b..a little bug..wifi doesn't work..it says me Error when i try to turn on it..
Fix this bug..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I've compiled for my HTC Magic the Cyanogenmod rom from source.

I want to share it, maybe someone want this on his magic.

I want to thank yoshi, looking at his rom helped a lot! And farmatito for his kernel!

Thank to sada23 for the testing and the support and bug fixing!

For the Dream you need DangerSPL.

07.08.11 UPDATED!

- Updated to Android 2.3.5 and the various bugfixes of the Cyanogenmod

04.07.11 UPDATED!

- More compcache dimension values (66 max)

02.07.11 UPDATED!

19.06.11 UPDATED!

-videos now work (thanks to sada23)

18.06.11 UPDATED!

-bluetooth now it's working also on dream and 32b (Thanks to sada23)

15.06.11_2 UPDATED!

-Jit Enabled
    -heap size 24m to avoid out of memory
    -Working also on 32b and Dream (except for bluetooth)

ROM:
    update-cm-7.1.0-Jordan-DS-07.08.11.zip

farmatito's Kernel:
    auto-boot-2.6.35.13-farmatito-pershoot-ds-BFS%2B-20110518.zip

Gapps:
    gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Some Dream photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

PHOTO 3

Some Magic 32a photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND UNSUPPORTED AND ALSO UNOFFICIAL.

flash it at your own risk and all comments are useful!

-Do a Wipe
    -Flash the rom
    -Flash gapps
    -Flash the farmatito's kernel or ezterry's one, it depends on what works for you
    -Reboot

When I'll build new version I'll upload here.
    Fantastic work!

Brilliant Rom, I couldn't find any GB Roms that would work on my phone and then stumbled upon this one ;-).............fantastic.

I get it work. Go to the Settings menu, Cyanogenmod, Performance, and put the VM size to 24 mb, and also turn on the JIT Compiler.

We were running out of memory with the bitmap of the wallpaper. In the next release I'll try to hard code this options into the rom.

Also if you're not using live wallpaper that things will help with performance.

Now with the cpu at 614 mhz I'm doing 360-370 on Quadrant

snap20110602_101626.png
    I'm downloading your rom now. I'll try it soon. Thank you for your job!

Feedback soon....

Bye

don't forget to change the settings as I said in my previous post to avoid out of memory
    I have SLP 1.33.2010 and Radio 3.22.20.17 MAGIC 32A TIM

This Rom is faster and faster, finally my phone is a rocket ;-) !! Tips from Jordan (put the VM size to 24 mb, and also turn on the JIT Compiler) are perfect.
    I use also AUTOKILER whit setting "STRICT 60,70,80" and my battery now at 8:00PM has 60% charg!!! WOW ...

Best rom in shappire section in this moment!!!

It seems everything work, but I'll have to test the rom for at least 5 or 6 days...

Thanks Jordan!

Hmm looks promising! Might give this a shot in coming wkend.

Still using CM6.1 though heh. Waiting for ur report after 5 days.