[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 b2 for vega (04/03/2011)

Bumble-Bee

Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot
Feb 21, 2009
twitter.com
I know all you guys have been waiting for 2.3 on the vega well here it is :) its very raw and probably not good enough for every day use.The build is at the same stage as the gtab so it has all the same bugs and so on as the gtab plus a few more just for us lol :-D(as we don't have kernel source yet :-( ).

There will be little support if any for this build as i am currently working on a LOT of stuff. But when we get kernel source i can work some more on this :)

Please have the stock rom and nvflash ready in-case u have to recover from this :-D

Nither me or the cyanogenmod team are responsible for any damage caused by this rom weather that is bricking your device, eating babies, global warming or your house burning down !

ChangeLog[/B
B1
- Status Bar Buttons
- Newer CM src (due to issues with 2.3.3 not latest)

(WIPE DATA IF COMING FROM STOCK ROM)

B1
- Fixed Camera
- Fixed Rotation
- Latest CM source

[What Doesnt Work]
- Some GPS apps will FC (maps works but it needs to be version 5.0) the gtab has these same issues when they have a fix so will we :)

[What Does Work]
- Everything Else !

[Requirements]
- Advent Vega (ovb)
- ClockworkMod 2.x.x

[Install]
the normal way in clockworkmod :-D

[Download]
B2 HERE !

To enable camera
in adb shell / terminal app / gscript

ON = "echo 'set28h' > /proc/gpio"
OFF = "echo 'set28l' > /proc/gpio"

I suggest having the camera off when not in use as i haven't tested the affects of having it on for long periods of time are

[Credits]
- Bekit + sceptrr for the original gtab vendor setup
- CyanogenMod team for there awesome src :D
- Anyone else i missed

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
im so gona flash this. if its only camera, rotation and video decoding not working it seams usable to me. I just have to wait to friday maybe monday when my POV Mobii arrives. I got CM7 on my DHD. I also have an Archos70IT but no roms for that and a Toshiba Folio wich really is quiet nice. But it dosent have that strong community and rom devs around it. Then i saw that You had jumped on AdventVega and was going to make a CM7 build for it+ it has several other roms and rom builders working for it. So i orderd one. I really miss having an active community around the devices i got. Well the Desire HD is good, but the plates i got, when i check there forums almost never any activity. I hope people will tturn to Xda for the Vega not just Modaco.

I just your kernels for the DHD. Always good qquality work, thats promising for the CM7 for Vega.

PS. Download link for CM6 dont work, i only get error 404. Could you please upload a working link

Reactions: indo0x

Bumble-Bee

Feb 21, 2009
twitter.com
lol the issue is the fix for sensors on 2.2 would fix 2.3 soo really 2.3 is thing to work at ... that and getting a solid vendor base so when 3.0 hits aosp we will be able to make best use of it .....

the main issue is nither 2.2 or 2.3 aosp have any real support for tegra 2 chips (hw decoding and other features) .... 3.0 aosp will do as there main device will be tegra based :) im hoping it wont be too much trouble getting 3.0 on this device :)

Reactions: akt3

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Essex, England
www.villainrom.co.uk
lol the issue is the fix for sensors on 2.2 would fix 2.3 soo really 2.3 is thing to work at ... that and getting a solid vendor base so when 3.0 hits aosp we will be able to make best use of it .....

the main issue is nither 2.2 or 2.3 aosp have any real support for tegra 2 chips (hw decoding and other features) .... 3.0 aosp will do as there main device will be tegra based :) im hoping it wont be too much trouble getting 3.0 on this device :)
Shouldn't be, and of course I will do all I can to help you or whoever decides to build it.

Reactions: akt3 and cydia

Bumble-Bee

Feb 21, 2009
twitter.com
Shouldn't be, and of course I will do all I can to help you or whoever decides to build it.
nice :-D I will be .... im hoping to become the maintainer for vega on CM git (also need to get the vega into RaiderX's hands :p )

Fair enough. @apache14 I pm u some days ago did you get it.
Oh did u ? i didnt see ill look for it in a bit mate :D

HunteronX

Oct 31, 2008
@apache14, you didn't get back to me about the pm.I guess you choosed to ignore me. Cheers
If apache14 didn't reply to you about the pm, then why would apache14 reply to you about this?

Also, apache14 will now probably ignore you, because you are too impatient, and don't realise that he/she may have other, more important things to do...

alphaola

Oct 1, 2010
If apache14 didn't reply to you about the pm, then why would apache14 reply to you about this?

Also, apache14 will now probably ignore you, because you are too impatient, and don't realise that he/she may have other, more important things to do...
Or maybe his just arrogant ass that thinks he knows it all and can't acknowledge just a question. And its quite nosey to respond to someone's question especially when it specifically directed to someone [email protected], you don't know what the pm is about.so y unsolicited response.
I know you go on about its a forum and blah blah,am sure etiquette ring a bell to you.

Last edited: