• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Aria :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Aria, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Liberty
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 006197debecd916dc8ce3feadea1e74a​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

chmod777

Nov 2, 2010
Looking good so far. Will post if I run into any issues. Glad I can finally have a stable build and not need to flash for a little while!

Thanks for all the effort.

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Having issues with data. It worked fine for a while on the first boot but once I rebooted the phone, I can't get the phone to connect on data. Anyone having this issue, and most importantly how do I resolve it?

Other than that, amazing. Thanks for this great rom.

Edit: I looked into the access point name under the mobile network section and noticed a bunch of info was wrong. Notably the password was missing. I added the password and rebooted the phone and now everything is working fine. FYI the password is CINGULAR1.

Last edited:
Reactions: lsusparky621

mbudden

Aug 1, 2007
Texas
Last edited:

zervic

Sep 26, 2010
Hmm...i wanted to try using this "juwe" script but it won't boot...i'm assuming some sort of conflict with darktremor. I also wanted to go to S2E but the last time i tried to go from DT to S2E, everything went haywire and i had to restore an old back up because i rookishly forgot to make one before i started fuxing with S2E...hmph guess i'm stuck with 8-9-1 & DT...life goes on though...

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
Hmm...i wanted to try using this "juwe" script but it won't boot...i'm assuming some sort of conflict with darktremor. I also wanted to go to S2E but the last time i tried to go from DT to S2E, everything went haywire and i had to restore an old back up because i rookishly forgot to make one before i started fuxing with S2E...hmph guess i'm stuck with 8-9-1 & DT...life goes on though...

Your best bet would be to do a Titanium Backup of all user apps, install the ROM fresh, then install S2E, reboot, then restore the backups of user apps and your S2E transition is complete.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA Premium App

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Anybody with the vibration mode not working when receiving calls? I turned vibrate on pretty much everywhere and yet when receiving call, the phone does not vibrate. However, it does vibrate when I receive a text message. Help!

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

EDIT: I just toggled from the "Default" profile to "Work" and then back to "Default" and now it works. Strange...

Last edited:

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Almost did a battery pull on first boot. Coming from an older Nightly. Right as I was pulling off the backplate though, the screen went dim and the keys lit up, and everything loaded. So be patient guys on first boot.

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
My you guys have been busy. Very polished, so many new features.

Just came back to CM7 after about 3 mo. on the Sense ROM. I use GPS constantly, so I have been testing it extensively today. Happy to say Maps, Nav, and this geotagging app I have all work really well.
Zero problems so far, congrats!

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
Ok guys (and girls), here's a problem I've been dealing with for over a week now. Any help would be appreciated. I have been keeping up with the nightly builds and on nightly 213 and forward (including this stable release), I have found that my phone will stop receiving data after around 8 hours after a reboot. The only way for the data to work again is to reboot. This occurs on both mobile data (3G) and wifi connections. I have rolled back to nightly 208 and the problem doesn't occur. I have uninstalled all new apps since this started occurring, so I know it is not an application problem. I installed 7.1.0 stable with a full wipe, so that's not the problem. I don't think it is similar to the problem reported in post #4 of this thread because my Access Point information under Mobile network settings are the same in my working N208 as they are in the non-working 7.1.0. Also, neither version had a password, so following the directions in post #4 I put in the password CINGUALR1 on the 7.1.0 stable version, and the problem still persisted.

I am running DC's 8.9.1 and Juwe's RAM script, though I have been told neither of those could be the culprit.

Any suggestions, please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Aria, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Liberty
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 006197debecd916dc8ce3feadea1e74a​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Whats the difference between doing this and just moving them to the SD Card via the Applications section in the settings?

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

1) S2E can move ALL apps to the SD card, whereas Android's built-in "move to SD card" method only works with applications that explicitly support it.
    2) S2E can also move things like Dalvik cache and application data, which take up a lot of space as well. Personally I find I have enough space to leave Dalvik cache on internal memory, but many people choose to move it.
    3) Android's built-in method puts the applications on your FAT32 (primary) partition on the SD card, which means if you want to access your SD card contents over USB, your applications become temporarily unavailable. With S2E, the apps are on a separate partition on the SD card, so they will continue to be accessible.
    Having issues with data. It worked fine for a while on the first boot but once I rebooted the phone, I can't get the phone to connect on data. Anyone having this issue, and most importantly how do I resolve it?

Other than that, amazing. Thanks for this great rom.

Edit: I looked into the access point name under the mobile network section and noticed a bunch of info was wrong. Notably the password was missing. I added the password and rebooted the phone and now everything is working fine. FYI the password is CINGULAR1.
    im currently on n224 with dc 8.9.1 and using s2e. my cpu settings are… governor smartass2 with min 200mhz max 787mhz. i just have to say that i haven't had any problems with data on wifi or 3g. the only issues i have is with the phone. with incoming calls, the screen would delay to wake up. the phone would ring for about 2-3 seconds before the screen would wake up. i have also lost the ability to end a phone call with the trackball. this had always worked in the past.

I had the same problem a while back and found out that's an issue with the smartass governor. I switched to OnDemand 245,806 and the problem was solved. The battery life is just as good too.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA Premium App
    hey all it's been quite a while,
    i'm running htc sense version 2.2.2 with hoxnet_liberated_006b kernal. Looking for a change for the holidays. What's been coming back as the most stable CM rom version 2.3 lately? Any recommendations on which kernal to use with it? Thanks for your feedback and happy holidays!

I have been using the latest stable version of CM7 (which is version 7.1.0) now for a pretty long time and I am pretty happy with it. Would definitely recommend it.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/update-cm-7.1.0-Liberty-signed.zip