[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Hero CDMA :: V7.0.3 (5 May 2011)

Search This thread

gu1dry

Oct 15, 2009
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Hero CDMA, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:
Latest version: update-cm-7.0.3-Heroc
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 69a4fbd52fef795e48a6ae1707637bca
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110307
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks gonna download. Ahhhh just like the good ol days. Been waiting a while for this rom now I just have to wait for a theme. Nevertheless thanks.

Yea its me Again With the
Modified Hero-

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
*sigh*

Still having homescreen lag + notfication bar lag. I wonder when it'll get fixed, I think aosp managed to totally iron out the popup dialog animations a few builds back, but I think it came back.

I wonder what it is that does this? Anyone else who's experiencing the same, feel free to chime in, this time I'm looking to see if we share something common about our phones.

(This is in comparison to Froyo)

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
RC2 already! That was really fast!!

I know the camera quality has been an issue in all the nightlies thus far. Is this release any different?

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Feb 19, 2010
RC2 already! That was really fast!!

I know the camera quality has been an issue in all the nightlies thus far. Is this release any different?

I think jaybob and I found the problem with the camera quality.. should be in nightlies after one of us submits patch to heroc props.

(I think wjb already did, so we wait).

Reactions: c00ller

rigmort

Oct 19, 2006
Wiscompton
*sigh*

Still having homescreen lag + notfication bar lag. I wonder when it'll get fixed, I think aosp managed to totally iron out the popup dialog animations a few builds back, but I think it came back.

I wonder what it is that does this? Anyone else who's experiencing the same, feel free to chime in, this time I'm looking to see if we share something common about our phones.

(This is in comparison to Froyo)

I was experiencing the same and it turned out to be a widget on my homescreen. In my case, it was Pure Messenger Widget. If you're running any widgets, try losing them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Hero CDMA, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.0.3-Heroc
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 69a4fbd52fef795e48a6ae1707637bca
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110307
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Is there a disadvantage to this?

Can't be "themed" via hacking the apks.
    RC4 has a huge bug fix from google that pwns a pmem leak when exiting any gfx-intensive app. I'd highly recommend updating.
    Thanks! What exactly is VM heap? Does it have to do with voicemail? I use google voice and could careless about voicemail.

VM in this case stands for Virtual Machine, not voicemail. If memory serves, the VM heap setting is the maximum amount of memory the Dalvik virtual machine is allowed to allocate on the heap for a given app.
    im using the cwm that you find in rom manger i think its the most stable and as for the kernel i trust s0be's its been great for me

As far as I remember the stock kernel should be fine too.

Instructions from here http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?title=Install_from_another_ROM

Without Firerat's Mod

Move all files you intend to flash to the root of your sd card (ex. aospGBmod, GAPPS, custom kernel, fr-boot/recovery).
    First you need to wipe/format your phone, in clockwork recovery: Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. Under Partitions menu (or Mounts & Storage in 3.0.0.5) in recovery: Format boot, system, data, cache. Under advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache.
    Flash in this order: ROM, GAPPS, Kernel (optional, but always flash kernel last before you flash boot).
    Reboot
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone