[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Devil Toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Neogenx

Jul 18, 2010
Florida
Hoping a mod can chime and clean stuff up .. this is just ass backwards in helping the community move forward with XDA. Agrabren, again thank you for all the work and hopefully you'll change your mind about leaving completely..

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Last edited:

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
It would probably help to just mention the cease fire. just a thought to help reduce hostility.

This is all anyone gets from me today.

Everyone in this thread has seen the cease fire mentioned before. It's not an unknown agreement.

But, those we don't speak of doesn't want his name mentioned here, and we don't want his name mentioned here. Since neither sides want anything to do with each other that makes his product warez here. No debate. Screw what happened in the past, screw your feelings, screw my feelings, screw this trash pit of a forum. Move on with your lives, it's a phone. A phone that isn't supported anymore because it was the bastard child of sprint and htc. It had potential, but an ignorant community refused to work together.

If another word gets mentioned in this thread about things that happened in the past with this situation or something not pertaining to this rom in this thread, I will ban you. I'm done.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

jrun

Jun 17, 2010
Denver
Does anyone still have to toggle airplane mode every once in a while to get data back? (see what i'm doing here?)

SinisterChedda

Feb 4, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Just woke up and saw the bad news about this rom. I really do appreciate all the hard work agrabren has put into this rom. You are the one that made it happen. Thank you.
Now I'm waiting for the next generation galaxy nexus that's hopefully gonna be revealed around August 15 from some sources i saw cause the 3D doesn't look promising anymore. What a bummer.

EDIT>> This was and still is my favorite rom. I have been using almost exclusively.

sent from my CM9 Devil Toasted 0.7.4 Evo 3D via xda app for Android

Last edited:

Dego41

Mar 15, 2008
Salt Lake City
It is disappointing to see this go, this is one of the best roms I have ever used. Thanks for all of the hard work you have done Agrabren, you will be missed in the Evo3D community

Tutungzone

May 8, 2007
Houston Area
Discontinued...

Guys... if you haven't realized, the OP says discontinued now. I hate that it comes to this, I really do. Been following these forums for a long time, have done alot of development myself, donated my time and money to these Devs to ensure we have the latest. I am tired of watching devs leave, especially good devs that bring us things that are new to the platforms.

I only hope that people do more to keep these devs around. If it takes donations... give it to them, if it takes your time, give it to them. I am an active donator in XDA, and I donate any time I find something that matters. I hope you come back Kevin... we will miss you!

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Yo wait pineapples is agrabren discontinuing CM9, WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS.!?!?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

FusionNeo

Jan 2, 2012
Just for the record, according to his posts he's only discontinuing work on the CDMA version. He will continue to work on the GSM version.

Hopefully someone with the know how will be able to port his GSM work onto CDMA. This is a great ROM and I'd hate to see it slow down now when it's come so far. Shame this is what it has come to.

Question about the ROM (somewhat), has anyone been able to get this fully working on Boot Manager? If I set it to phone ROM, I didn't have issues but I'd have data issues if I set it to an SD slot. I would test 0.7.4 on Boot Manager but I'm in another country and don't have data at the moment.

dfskevinohyeah

Jul 6, 2010
No way this got discontinued for a couple little bi*ches? :( Thanks for being an awesome dev agrabren. We have just lost one of our best developers here.

Sent from my PG86100 using Forum Runner

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago
Whaaat? I had no idea the freakin' ROM was discontinued.

So many of us appreciate everything you do and follow your every word, Agraben, don't leave us hanging because a few people are lame! My phone wouldn't be usable without your work.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Whaaat? I had no idea the freakin' ROM was discontinued.

So many of us appreciate everything you do and follow your every word, Agraben, don't leave us hanging because a few people are lame! My phone wouldn't be usable without your work.

Couldn't this just mean that he wants to focus his efforts on cm10?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago
Does anyone still have to toggle airplane mode every once in a while to get data back? (see what i'm doing here?)

Yup, I have to do that pretty regularly. I think data gets "stuck" when I lose reception. I've had to do it at least once a day.

I hope thats what it means but from his last post it doesnt look like it.

It looks like he removed his account. You cant pull up any posts or threads from his profile.

Nah, his account is still active. That said, he was a bit vague as to what exactly was being discontinued. I assumed he was done *completely* with the Evo 3D, but I wouldn't be as crushed if he planned on continuing with CM10.

Last edited:

FusionNeo

Jan 2, 2012
I hope thats what it means but from his last post it doesnt look like it.

It looks like he removed his account. You cant pull up any posts or threads from his profile.

You can. Once again, he has discontinued all work for the EVO 3D CDMA variant. This includes CM9, CM10, and any other work he had planned.

He will continue to develop for the EVO 3D GSM variant, as seen here.

Let's not go over too much of the CM10 build in this thread. I promise I'll open a CM10 build once I get enough bits stable to even think about the more minor issues. :)

Also, for those of you following the CDMA thread, I'm only discontinuing work on the CDMA variant. I'm actually keeping a close eye out for an EVO 3D GSM model to pop up for sale, reasonably priced. I've wanted off of CDMA anyway, and there's not really another phone I'm anxious for yet...

I keep bouncing between CM9 and CM10, it helps clear my mind. I think I'm going to try to make the 3D camera work in CM9 next, instead of YouTube, which has other issues to contend with. :)

Hopefully, someone can step up to the plate and port the work from GSM onto here. We have a device with potential, and the community has slowly been shooting itself in the foot all year now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9 - Devil Toast​

Discontinued​

Last version: 0.7.4​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

What works:
    • 2D Rear Camera
    • Front Camera
    • Phone calls
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth Phone
    • Bluetooth A2DP
    • WiMAX
    • Car Dock
    • Torch from the notification bar
    • USB Mass Storage
    • Basically, most functionality

What doesn't work:
    • Bluetooth occasionally has issues if the phone is in sleep
    • 3D
    • HDMI output
    • Reports of radio drop-outs/reboots (may be radio firmware related)
    • Audio Ducking issue

Downloads:

Toolchain: GCC ARM version 4.4.3
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/agrabren/android_kernel_htc_shooter

Special Thanks:
    • First, and foremost, ToastCFH, who the build is named after, and who brought us WiMAX
    • Binux-Project, for the amazing 3D Boot Animation
    • TeamEVO, who made the original 3.0 kernel for the EVO 3D
    • Eyeballer and TeamWin for their support and their CM9 nightlies
    • DigitalHigh for helping me make this possible
    • My wife, who has tolerated all the time I've been putting into this
    • And HTC, who made a great phone, and has (not always happily) given us the ability to make it greater.

HTC EVO V users (Virgin Mobile)
    Attention Virgin Mobile users: In order to run devil's toast on the Evo V you must downgrade your hboot to 1.04. This can be done by visiting http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/594152-hboot-downgrade-working-aosp-gb-roms.htmlhttp://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/594152-hboot-downgrade-working-aosp-gb-roms.html and following the instructions posted in the OP. Credit to krowley3 for testing and unknownforce for the hboot. Note: to my knowledge this downgrade has only been attempted on phones with hboot version 1.57.
    Credit to phw8558 for digging this up and verifying it works.

Build Versions:
    0.7.4:
    • Fixed camera and general instability
    0.7.3:
    • Temporarily removed overclock as it prevented devices from booting
    0.7.2:
    • USB performance: Verified fixed
    • Videos discolored: Verified fixed
    • SMS Split: Verified fixed
    • 3D videos in 2D support: Verified fixed
    • Bluetooth issue: Verified fixed
    • Overclocking supported (Ported from coolexe)
    • Multiple Governors available (Ported from MikeC84)
    • USB OTG enabled
    0.7.1:
    • Fixed touch screen calibration issue
    • Fixed USB Mass Storage
    • Integrated fix for GSM phones button backlight
    0.7:
    • New kernel! Based on the HTC EVO 3D GSM source tree, it's faster, better, more powerful!
    • Phantom Voicemail Fix is back in
    • New 3D Boot Animation - Thanks to Binux-Project
    0.6:
    • More fixes to try and resolve data drop issues
    0.5:
    • Attempts at resolving data drop issues
    0.4:
    • Added proc/sysinfo support for Boot Manager (and other tools)
    • Torch added
    • Incorporated new graphics blobs
    0.3:
    • Added qs_s5k4e1 sensor driver for Camera
    • Add deep sleep to BlueTooth
    • Removed kernel signing code on Camera
    0.2:
    • Enabled BlueTooth
    • Removed the kernel signing requirement
    • Front Facing Camera
    • Misc stability improvements
    0.1:
    • Initial release
    Development of the CDMA version of this ROM has been discontinued.
    Developer Update: So things are going to be getting better about releases, both effort and quality. I've finished forking the entire CM repo into a local system, and once I've verified that my build systems can build everything from source, I'll be able to get everything cleaned up and not worry about accidentally clobbering something in the CM trunk (which I accidentally did the other night). I'll also be getting CM10 up with the system, but that'll take a few extra days (one thing at a time).

Because of this change, I'm also going to be able to track which changes break which features, and release two types of builds... Daily and Nightly. ;) The daily ROM will only occur when the ROM has a high enough quality to be a daily driver for everyone. This means no known regressions (like camera). To get there, some people will need to give the Nightly builds a go. Once enough people thumbs-up a nightly build, the code for that nightly (and all prior changes) will be moved into the mainline. I'll work in feature branches, as I've been doing for the kernel on my private server.

So believe me, I'm really trying to reduce the number of regressions we get, and improve the quality, without forcing me to take a bunch of time to do things. It also means I can automate the pushing of released kernels to github, and I can automate the uploading of new ROM builds, so people don't need to wait for me to get back to my PC to upload once a build is complete.
    Developer update: I'm still working on things, but it's gotten slow for a few days due to personal life and work life both needing more of my attention. I am actively working on getting 3D videos and camera working, and have gotten some level of success (I've actually watched a YouTube video in 3D correctly, without having to do anything extra). To understand why that's not enough to give out, once playback is done (or you hit 'home') the screen locks up and you need to do a reboot via ADB. So needless to say, not ready. I've also got some great things coming in the kernel, some of which I've tested, some haven't been tested yet. But again, can't really say anything more at this moment. So here's a list of what I'm working on, and why it's taking time...

1. Touchscreen issue: While mostly resolved, it could be better. I could solve this in the kernel, but because I'm still getting accused of not releasing my kernel source, despite it being in the OP, I'm reluctant to offer any additional fixes to the kernel. Instead, I'll be fixing this in user-space, which actually is a better place for the fix anyway (although a bit trickier so that it always works, not just when you use the default lockscreen).

2. Bluetooth issue: I believe I know how to fix this, but haven't had the cycles yet. Definitely on my top priority list, because it's annoying.

3. Audio issues: I want to tackle these as well before releasing my next drop, but haven't begun debugging them yet.

4. 3D support: Obviously, I'm working on this. I want this. I want to be able to take 3D pictures and videos of my kids with my phone. I want to be able to watch 3D content and show it to people.

5. Camera issues: I've tracked down what causes apps like barcode scanner and face unlock to have random issues, and I want to get this fixed. I want camera to "just work".

6. SMS Split: I believe I've fixed this. Have not verified yet.

7. USB performance: I haven't investigated, but I'd likely wait until after 0.8 drops before starting this debugging.

8. Tethering: Again, this is an issue which we don't yet have a root cause, although I've done a decent amount of debugging of it. Again, likely a post 0.8 drop.

So, that's my issue list and what I'm tackling. Not the easiest work to do, but I believe it's still worth it, even though MIUI will be built on Sense going forward (which is what started this work in the first place).

As for Jelly Bean: It uses a unified kernel which I haven't released my source for yet, so I haven't released a ROM to play with yet. It has an issue with the microphone which causes all kinds of ugly crashing, but everything else in the baseline works fine. It's also close to having camera work, but again, I'm focused at the moment on ICS, not JB. The port between the two will be much more trivial than what we're currently doing.
    This is the point where I tell you that I just made my first Bluetooth Phone Call with Devil Toast running 3.0.16. :)

** EDIT **
    And *that* would be WiMAX connected.