Search This thread

odomandr

Dec 28, 2008
for me it brings up the gallery but it includes a lot of icons for other things like the maps push pins and others.

Last edited:

wesgarner

May 10, 2007
Birmingham, AL
On CM 4.2.5, Sync has disappeared from settings
I have gone through and put a build.prop (all from the base ones) and changed the fingerprint for Navigation
Beyond that, I have no idea why it would disappear

Any ideas?

PorchSong

Nov 28, 2007
Denver
for me it brings up the gallery but it includes a lot of icons for other things like the maps push pins and others.

Create an empty file named .nomedia and place this file in the directories with pictures in it that you do not want gallery to see. Include the "." in .nomediia. For those of you not familiar with a "." before a file or directory, it tells linux to hide the file/directory.

Also, if you put .nomedia in a directory it is recursive. So put it in top directory. As of worrying if you do this that you will hide the icons from the programs that need them, not true as the programs that need them know where to look.

Last edited:

Chedderknight

Nov 20, 2008
Los Angeles
just wondering, but has anyone else lost complete usb function other than charging? I've tried on several comps with different ports. no idea whats up, was working before previous to 4.2.4

skrki

Sep 1, 2009
Canberra
I suppose no one's noticed this because no one uses this widget, but - with 4.2.5, when I try to add a "Picture frame" widget to my home screen in 4.2.5, it opens the Camera instead of the Gallery, making it impossible to actually add a picture.

Enter the Gallery at least once before trying to create the widget on the home screen. That should fix it.. do it a couple of times if necessary, let it load through (took me two tries!). The same method helped me sort out FCs when choosing a wallpaper from the gallery for the first time.

People with FC on apps that use the gallery, could try the same. . Don't know if I'll help, haven't had any (FCs) of the sorts...

Last edited:

skrki

Sep 1, 2009
Canberra
just wondering, but has anyone else lost complete usb function other than charging? I've tried on several comps with different ports. no idea whats up, was working before previous to 4.2.4

Happened to me once, I remember I had to uninstall, then install the driver again.. Took me a while too, as it didn't work out the first few times.

xKLoWNx

Nov 19, 2009
Denver
Full Update Guide - MT3G/Magic Firmware to CyanogenMod

I did this update guide worked perfect runs great on my phone. now do i need to put the the new update on the sdcard and do the same thing to update it to the new stable version you put out? the 4.2.5 Version just do the apply from sdcard and then click on the 4.2.5 file? thanks very awesome running great on my phone.

mattguzman73

Sep 30, 2009
www.team-kenya.com
Cyans Mod with Nav

So I have had the new 4.2.5 mod and had the nav working and then all of a sudden I lost nav capabilities ... no worries, I just reinstalled the nav and good to go right? Well, yes, but no ... Now it is saying that I am running 4.2.4 of Cyans mod. Am I missing something? Is this even the right place to post this? Thanks Guys

JaMoFo

Feb 3, 2008
Similar happened to me running 4.2.4 said i was running 4.2.3.1 after i installed navigation. I ended up wiping and putting in 4.2.5 and re doing nav.

If nav isnt working try pressing "clear data" under settings | Manage applications. That got the Navigate button working again for me.

mattguzman73

Sep 30, 2009
www.team-kenya.com
Similar happened to me running 4.2.4 said i was running 4.2.3.1 after i installed navigation. I ended up wiping and putting in 4.2.5 and re doing nav.

If nav isnt working try pressing "clear data" under settings | Manage applications. That got the Navigate button working again for me.

Well that kinda defeats the whole "CM Updater". Bummer. Oh well, trying to install the 425 again (via the update) and see what happens. It's weird though, after I did the initial update, the nav worked no probs, then it was gone today. Several days after the update. Not sure, but I will try the clear data and see if that works if I loose it again. Thanks for that info.

Jun 2, 2009
Keeps rebooting

After 3 or 4 days of updating to the 4.2.5 my G1 is rebooting over and over, it will not quit rebooting. I've pulled the battery and tried, no help. Pulled the sim card, and the sd card. I can't figure out why it keeps rebooting. :(

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks! : )

Last edited:

timal

Dec 24, 2008
After 3 or 4 days of updating to the 4.2.5 my G1 is rebooting over and over, it will not quit rebooting. I've pulled the battery and tried, no help. Pulled the sim card, and the sd card. I can't figure out why it keeps rebooting. :(

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks! : )

Backup everything on your PC. Reformat and partition the sd and reinstall.

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Since switching mine has not rebooted, but it has shut off unexpectedly. It got to a point where I thought I bricked the phone because I couldn't even get it to stay on to reflash in cyanogen recovery. I thought it might have been puting on the droid map nav program had something to do with it but then noticed something else. The phone booted and stayed poweredon while plugged in. You might think that I'm being retarded but the phone would always indicate that I had at least half battery life. Is this something to do with the rom or something I can get the phone to accurately fix on my own. Wiping has had no effect. I never had this problem prior to loading the 2.0 droid hack google maps app.

JaMoFo

Feb 3, 2008
4.2.5 reporting 4.2.3.1

Running 4.2.5 since release date and now my phone says its running 4.2.3.1 today
also says:
Model number : Droid
Firmware version 2.0

Anybody have a clue what happened? Was i supposed to do a wipe maybe?

Chance Ill

Running 4.2.5 since release date and now my phone says its running 4.2.3.1 today
also says:
Model number : Droid
Firmware version 2.0

Anybody have a clue what happened? Was i supposed to do a wipe maybe?

mine did the exact same thing!!! i know its a pain in the a**, but i wipe EVERYTHING before i flash. it prevents unnecessary problems.

Feb 16, 2009
Yes, i was :)

should i wipe and flash or just wait for the next cyanogen release? i assume all is good except how it reports the version?
I was getting random reboots as well after I installed navi on my phone. After that I did a clean install and reinstalled 4.2.5. I just installed navi again a few minutes ago. I can confirm that it is saying Droid, Android 2.0 and cm_4.2.3.1. So far its running fine but I have a feeling that installing Google navi might be the reason for the reboots......... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)