Search This thread

ZilverZurfarn

Feb 11, 2009
Göteborg
ive noticed that the battery life is significantly less
1. You probably should wipe;
2. Install SetCPU and do the appropriate settings;
3. Install AutoKiller - Set to Optimize;
Those times I find my battery dwindling faster than normal, it's usually some app or widget that's stuck somehow. Lookout is the biggest problem, it seems to get stuck in the backup process at times, and that obviously takes a lot of juice.
As for the recommendations - Wiping solves problem yes, but is more of a sledge hammer approach (which admittedly may at times be the only tool that works).
SetCPU is IMO questionable, as CyanogenMod has its own CPU throttling. If you believe SetCPU with your guidance does its job better than CM, then fine.
Same thing with AutoKiller. Android is an OS that handles its applications and determines what to run, when to kill what and so on. Again, if you think the author of AutoKiller understands how Android should manage applications better than Android - Use it.

/Mats

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Updated to the newest CM build. Everything works how its supposed to except for my the sync or any other google app other then youtube... Its been doing it for the past 4 builds of CM. I dont no what to do... everything else works perfect. everytime i click on sync in the settings it opens and closes really fast, same with the market it opens and closes really fast and takes me to the home screen. any ideas anyone?

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
Barebone

I apologize for this not being the right forum, I have been looking for it but only find stuff for wm6.5 Can anyone guide me on how to take off the apps I don't need? I tried using the "Barebone on CM's wiki page but I keep getting a "#failure" message. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I can't flash a theme over another, I have to flash the ROM before I can flash a new theme. If I dont do it this way, my phone crashes. Just in case anyone is having his issue as well.

Last edited:

evotuned

Aug 18, 2009
adding calendars

The system seems to be unable to pull in my other calendars from google. I only see Holidays and my Personal calendar. I'm trying to pull in my sports calendar as well. Anyone else have that problem?

SuperStar1080

Oct 2, 2009
does anyone know how to fix the market issue? Market was working fine with cyanogen 4.2.14.1 but when I updated to .15 my market presents me with a message that says "ACCESS BLOCKED- sorry, your wireless account does not have permission to access this application." I have a T-Mobile mytouch and have tried reflashing and fix_permissions already. Any help is much appreciated.

cal3thousand

Feb 10, 2009
Quick Search not indexing music

I've set the search settings to include my music files, but I don't get any music results in the quick search.

Anyone else have some insight? Is this possibly due to CM or is it an overall Android deal... or is it just something wrong with my setup?

any help is appreciated. I searched, but couldn't find my specific answer.

FRSP

Feb 13, 2010
Anyone else seeing the google search widget lock up with distorted text in the querry box under .15?

still seeing intermittent push gmail failures and sms sometimes not delivered until i open that app, as under .14

cgingermany

Oct 30, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
Market issue

does anyone know how to fix the market issue? Market was working fine with cyanogen 4.2.14.1 but when I updated to .15 my market presents me with a message that says "ACCESS BLOCKED- sorry, your wireless account does not have permission to access this application." I have a T-Mobile mytouch and have tried reflashing and fix_permissions already. Any help is much appreciated.

Try flashing the defanged, then flash ROM and Radio: 2.22.23.02 again in that order. That appears to fix this issue for a couple of folks. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

psjames

Nov 6, 2007
Seattle
The system seems to be unable to pull in my other calendars from google. I only see Holidays and my Personal calendar. I'm trying to pull in my sports calendar as well. Anyone else have that problem?

I had the same issue. I found that if you go in to choose which calendars you would like to see. If you do not see a calendar that you have created in Google calendars click menu and then choose add calendars and you should see them in there.

berliner_doch

Apr 29, 2008
Berlin
Microphone issue

Hi, I've installed the last ROM. But now microphone works strange.
My voice is very quiet when I speak with somebody on the phone. Does anybody noticed that?
And is there any solutions to make microphone work better?

Last edited:

Frank Black

Dec 16, 2008
has anyone had problems with the messaging app not giving you a notification? a few times now, i would receive a text message, but the LED wouldn't blink, the phone wouldn't vibrate, and there wouldn't be any notification in the top bar, however if i open up the messaging app, i'll see the messaging thread highlighted, and i'd have a message from them from a few hours ago or something. this isn't all the time, but it certainly bugs me. now i don't know if it's a separate issue or not, but despite having the boxes checked in the data synchronization tab, my emails don't seem to be auto-syncing.

Any solutions to this? I'm having the same issue and haven't seen an answer or theory to it yet.

philosophics

Mang, I've been having a problem somewhat the same.

Phone calls are the only thing on my device that will vibrate. All settings are vibrate enabled but phone calls are the only thing that actually vibrates. And since the new update, messages come in with only a led notification. No vibration and no tone.

I don't get it. Makes me annoyed. I want vibration on not only phone calls but on messages and emails too. As well as calendar events.

Can someone figure this out?

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
Give this a read through, it should resolve your issue: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Problems_after_reinstall#Market_Broken

Try flashing the defanged, then flash ROM and ota again in that order. That appears to fix this issue for a couple of folks. Hope it helps.
What OTA? Once you're rooted, your phone can't receive or install OTA updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)