Search This thread
Feb 7, 2010

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com

Praeluceo

Jul 6, 2006
Thank you, I just rolled back to 1.6 today and was looking for gapps! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Turns out I need my G1 more responsive than CM6 allows, so we'll see how many apps are still compatible with CM4. Besides, I miss my 10 MB RAM hack.

Praeluceo

Jul 6, 2006
Thank you, I just rolled back to 1.6 today and was looking for gapps! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Turns out I need my G1 more responsive than CM6 allows, so we'll see how many apps are still compatible with CM4. Besides, I miss my 10 MB RAM hack.

smithfb3

May 17, 2009
Worcester, MA
I forgot all about how fast 1.6 is over 2.1/2.2 on the HTC Dream. I'm going to roll out with this until I upgrade my phone. The Eclair/FroYo roms are nice, but I need my speed. Please continue to do what you do Cyanogen. I will eventually get the HTC Evo 4G and of course will run your ROM!

I agree, I just flashed back to a Nandroid bach-up from July, and boy my phone is so fast, fun and dependable. I'm staying with CM4.2.15.1 until I get an EVO or maybe the G2 if that comes out November when my TMobile contract is over.

my_former_self

Oct 19, 2009

I agree, I just flashed back to a Nandroid bach-up from July, and boy my phone is so fast, fun and dependable. I'm staying with CM4.2.15.1 until I get an EVO or maybe the G2 if that comes out November when my TMobile contract is over.

At first, CM6 is a dog. But with a little tweaking, it really does run fast. Check this out for a much nicer CM6 experience. You can always Nandroid back to CM4.

P.S. - Albeit, I am ANXIOUSLY waiting on the G2, as well! :D

refthemc

Jun 23, 2008
Southern California

raven_raven

Apr 13, 2010
Poznań
That's funny, cause I reverted to CM 4.2.15.1 too ;). Really fast and responsive ROM! It's like stock 1.6 (FAAAAST) but tweaked and with cool features added (apps2ext). Too bad that it is themed a little ;/.

domex2k

May 8, 2009
Cabarete
Just rolled back to CM4 from CM6:) Will be nice if this rom maybe in the future gets modified with new features, well one can onlu wish.:D

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
Just rolled back to CM4 from CM6:) Will be nice if this rom maybe in the future gets modified with new features, well one can onlu wish.:D
Haha I went from stock donut > rooted donut > donut rom > eclair rom > eclair sense> cupcake sense> froyo > eclair > eclair sense > froyo > cupcake

Yeah I'm using CM 4.0something :p
But.. you can't beat the speed of these older roms :D

domex2k

May 8, 2009
Cabarete
Last edited:

phazei

Feb 17, 2008
Seattle
Does anyone know where I could get the CyanogenMOD Donut source? It's not in the GIT repo :(
I have a new phone and I want to port it over, but without the source.... sigh.

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
Last edited:

phazei

Feb 17, 2008
Seattle
it is, you just don't know how to use it

edit:
omg I like found donut
http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/tree/donut

edit 2:

ok, so
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b donut
doesn't work, but you could just get the tar balls from github

Ah, thanks. I don't know the layout of the repo, and was only going by the many tutorials out there and the CyanogenMod wiki. That "repo init" says eclair and froyo are there, but not donut. I found 2 threads on the CyanogenMod forums asking about this, and replied to both. Unfortunately no one bothered helping. I've found that forum to be a bit cold.

I'll try the tar ball when I get home. Thanks :)

Edit:
Tried this:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen.git -b donut

~/android/cyan-donut$ repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen.git -b donut
warning: no common commits
remote: Counting objects: 9930, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3756/3756), done.
remote: Total 9930 (delta 5987), reused 9597 (delta 5761)
Receiving objects: 100% (9930/9930), 61.44 MiB | 1.29 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (5987/5987), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen
* [new branch] donut -> origin/donut
+ 434ac9b...9a8ab2d eclair -> origin/eclair (forced update)
+ 2d51500...c8e17ef froyo -> origin/froyo (forced update)
* [new branch] froyo-kernel -> origin/froyo-kernel
* [new branch] master -> origin/master
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/main.py", line 235, in <module> _Main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/main.py", line 217, in _Main repo._Run(argv)
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/main.py", line 123, in _Run cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 219, in Execute self._SyncManifest(opt)
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 131, in _SyncManifest m.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf)
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/project.py", line 689, in Sync_LocalHalf head = self.work_git.GetHead()
File "/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1291, in GetHead fd = open(path, 'rb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/joe/android/cyan-donut/.repo/manifests/.git/HEAD'

If I try to download the tar ball from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/tree/donut it's only 2MB. From what I've read it takes some people hours to download everything, so I can't imagine that's everything that's needed since the stock android donut repo is some 3gb.

Last edited:

Ad Fundum

Oct 13, 2010
Is the Samsung i5800 supported by this mod? I mean, can I flash this also on the i5800?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)