[ROM] CyanogenMod OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES - 4.4 - CM11 - D800

Search This thread

jeffhesser

Sep 28, 2006
5 tap?

The double tap to turn on has turned into the 5 tap to turn on. I have been playing with it for hours and have discovered the magic number is 5 taps to turn on and 2 taps for off. Any idea why that would be the case? I downgraded to 4.2, rooted, clean wipe cache/data, installed latest nightly from CM 11, and everything but that seems to work. At first I thought it just wasn't working but now I know the exact trick. That is just sooo many taps though.

Bascotie

Apr 3, 2011
The double tap to turn on has turned into the 5 tap to turn on. I have been playing with it for hours and have discovered the magic number is 5 taps to turn on and 2 taps for off. Any idea why that would be the case? I downgraded to 4.2, rooted, clean wipe cache/data, installed latest nightly from CM 11, and everything but that seems to work. At first I thought it just wasn't working but now I know the exact trick. That is just sooo many taps though.

I had this issue on the factory install and the firmware upgrade seemed to do it.

From androidcentral:

There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working

jeffhesser

Sep 28, 2006
I had this issue on the factory install and the firmware upgrade seemed to do it.

From androidcentral:

sounds like a great solution but keep getting invalid MMI code. Tried almost all except sprint codes.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I do have the d800 so the 800 should have been correct but no go. =[

Bascotie

Apr 3, 2011
sounds like a great solution but keep getting invalid MMI code. Tried almost all except sprint codes.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I do have the d800 so the 800 should have been correct but no go. =[

You should just try the code that goes with your current phone provider. You dial it in like a number then press the call button and the menu should pop up. Not sure if it'll work on certain roms, maybe someone else can chip in

WoodmanMN

Oct 1, 2012
Duluth
Look, it isn't that we don't want to help, we do. But you need to take the time to read back more than 5 pages. This has been covered many times, and those of us who have been here awhile are tied of the same answer. Read the whole thread, it is well worth the time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

You just need to backup the phone first, copy it off the phone if you're not sure, then do a wipe. You have to wipe the factory firmware or the cm rom won't install. If you use twrp, the factory reset doesn't wipe data.

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
Reactions: Symbian_Black

jeffhesser

Sep 28, 2006
You should just try the code that goes with your current phone provider. You dial it in like a number then press the call button and the menu should pop up. Not sure if it'll work on certain roms, maybe someone else can chip in

Thanks for the attempted assist but seems like it's a no go. I guess I'll just flash this back to stock and give it back to my wife. I was hoping it would be a good CM experience for her but I can't seem to get this thing working as well as the LG software (which is blowing my mind). I'm missing my LG G Pro with CM anyways.

Bascotie

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks for the attempted assist but seems like it's a no go. I guess I'll just flash this back to stock and give it back to my wife. I was hoping it would be a good CM experience for her but I can't seem to get this thing working as well as the LG software (which is blowing my mind). I'm missing my LG G Pro with CM anyways.

Honestly, I like CM but i've given up trying to flash it for now. I got the phone rooted, installed a bloatware uninstall utility and got rid of all the ATT junk. Phone works great so far.

yanis15

Oct 19, 2014
Glasgow
Cm 11 missing??

Hello, guys can somebody explain to me why the f*** CM deleted all CM11 nightlies from their site. I somehow without knowing downloaded CM12 and nothing works, everything crashes. Where are the old releases. Is this what they normally do??? If somebody have the last from January please give me link. Thanks. :crying:

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8
Reactions: Alukrad

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8
Reactions: Alukrad

Symbian_Black

Feb 19, 2007
Has anyone used the D802 CM12 install? I want a official nightly but theres nothing for D800 but just the same CM11 nightlies...... its almost as if the dev wants to focus on one variant

WoodmanMN

Oct 1, 2012
Duluth
Yes. You need to also flash a d800 kernel after flashing d802 official but it's working great for me. I use blackbird kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

I am NOT the device maintainer for AT&T LG G2 D800, if/when an official maintainer would like to take this post over contact me/mod and we will have it transferred. I just posted this for info until CM gets an official maintainer here.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/d802_Info

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    1. Copy CM10.2 ZIP & GApps to your SDCard
    2. Boot into Recovery
    3. Flash CM10.2 zip & Gapps from SDCard
    4. Reboot

CM11 official nightly builds:
    HERE

Google Apps:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps uses latest 4.4 GApps

ClockworkMod-Recovery:
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    or
    HERE with Loki enabled

Changelog
    HERE

All credits to CM Team!!!

I just posted this here for info.
    recovery

funny, guess you don't know either. :good:

press and hold power + volume down

once you get the LG logo let go and hold it again quickly.

once done follow the wipe process and you will get into recovery
    Lollipop

Edit never mind...I will try to build lollipop over weekend
    Has anyone got cm touch recovery to work?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

YES!!! I just got recovery to work :D Clockwork Touch Recovery that is :D

I'll post it up in a few minutes...let me make it flashable
    Happy Thanksgivng everyone!

I am attempting to build Lollipop for the G2 now. If it works should have a build within an hour.