• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] CyanogenMod - Scary experimental builds! [UPDATED 6/30 - v3.5.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ubernicholi

May 6, 2009
arvada,co
madzorg.blogspot.com
No major problems.

For some reason though when I get an SMS, HandCent and SMS Popup both popup sms notifications.

I plan on uninstalling SMSPopup, but can I also uninstall the system Messaging apk? Or will that make me lose all SMS capability?

Thanks!

Edit: I uninstalled SMS Popup and the issue resolved. I think it had something to do with restoring my app settings with Backup for Root Users after my last wipe. (On a side note, Backup for Root Users REALLY takes the sting out of wiping)

just so you know, you can also disable the system messaging app notification in the setting at the bottom.

all third party messaging apps have you do this because of the double notification issue. i know you resolved this, its for everyone else having the issue

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
(On a side note, Backup for Root Users REALLY takes the sting out of wiping)
I find that it's good for backing up the apks and settings, but I have yet to successfully restore data. Backing it up is a pain also. One evening I did App2sd -> Backup Data, left it running overnight and it was still running in the morning. Is it supposed to take so long even on a freshly wiped phone and reformatted SD card? I'm probably doing something wrong anyways. All I want is to keep settings and data for a couple of my installed apps (mostly game progress and other silly things), and I bet it's a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be.

Last edited:

xdothenderson

Jun 13, 2009
just so you know, you can also disable the system messaging app notification in the setting at the bottom.

all third party messaging apps have you do this because of the double notification issue. i know you resolved this, its for everyone else having the issue

is there anyway to disable the stock messaging.apk w.o messing anything up i'm trying to use chomp as my default mms.apk.i don't get any notifications just txt go to the regular mms i tried some commands to remove it but got a lot of force close pop ups/errors.

Diceman4

Jun 9, 2009
St. Louis
I find that it's good for backing up the apks and settings, but I have yet to successfully restore data. Backing it up is a pain also. One evening I did App2sd -> Backup Data, left it running overnight and it was still running in the morning. Is it supposed to take so long even on a freshly wiped phone and reformatted SD card? I'm probably doing something wrong anyways. All I want is to keep settings and data for a couple of my installed apps (mostly game progress and other silly things), and I bet it's a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be.

I had the same problem with the Apps2SD data, so I used it for everything on the first screen, apps2sd (the top option), and all of the personal stuff. This kept all of my home screen icons, app setting etc. Widgets don't like it very much, but I had really good luck with all of my other apps.

Diceman4

Jun 9, 2009
St. Louis
Has anyone tried to change their ringtone on 3.5.3? I am not sure if it is a ROM issue or a theme issue (Using Hero 1.3.5), but the setting selection for both type of ringtone (notification and incoming call) is grayed out.

EDIT NEVERMIND...I am an idiot. I had Silent Mode checked.

Last edited:

Diceman4

Jun 9, 2009
St. Louis

I had the notifications disabled in both the standard messaging and SMS Popup which is why I think it must have been something funky from when I restored my settings after the wipe and flash...:)

ubernicholi

May 6, 2009
arvada,co
madzorg.blogspot.com
is there anyway to disable the stock messaging.apk w.o messing anything up i'm trying to use chomp as my default mms.apk.i don't get any notifications just txt go to the regular mms i tried some commands to remove it but got a lot of force close pop ups/errors.

Enable chomp notifications and disable the stock messaging app notifications.

All~G1

Jan 9, 2009
Im running paragon partition manager 9 for my formatting and partitioning of my sdcard. It has an option to format "linux swap2" would that be the same as "linux swap" used to run the swap partition?

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
For those having bluetooth skipping issues:

Go to wireless settings, click bluetooth settings, long press on your headset under the list, DE-SELECT 'phone' and just leave Music only selected. This stopped a LOT of skipping issues for me.

There is a thread discussing why this happens, the 3G/Edge network sort of takes over the music signals and causes these skippings.

Maybe this is why i don't have any skipping issues- i use media only thru my headphones- i just found that the media dropped out when phone was selected as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.