• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] CyanogenMod - Scary experimental builds! [UPDATED 6/30 - v3.5.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AverageCanadian

Jun 7, 2009
Trying your Rogers version right now. Lets see how it works out :)

eeeek, this is my first rom, but it appears to be stuck on the Rogers screen. Been there for at least 2 minutes. I assume that's not normal?

Last edited:

cyanogen

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
Trying your Rogers version right now. Lets see how it works out :)

eeeek, this is my first rom, but it appears to be stuck on the Rogers screen. Been there for at least 2 minutes. I assume that's not normal?

The first boot will take awhile. Also, you need to wipe if coming from stock Rogers firmware. Go to the stable thread BTW, sorry, I posted the wrong link in the Dream forum.

smithfb3

May 17, 2009
Worcester, MA
CyanogenMod V3.5.3

I enjoyed V3.5.2 better than V3.5.3 it was much cleaner and faster. Although not counting V3.5.2, CM3.5.3 is the best ROM every!
Cyanogen makes the best ROM every. Once I update to CM3.6 and if it's stable, I'm going to not update for a while and not change the theme. I love Prodical Sun Blue but I think it messes up the G1.

Thanks for the ROM Cyanogen and expect a few bucks in a couple of days once I get paid.

Last edited:

icegad

Jun 11, 2009
portmore empire
Was tryyin hard not to *****..still not going to cuz cyanogen is the hardest working dev hands down....

But on these experimental rom my phone will randomly shutdown and only boots up with a battery pull and all my apps dissappears when it starts but still shows apps installed on the market but not when i check the drawer it happened a few times i always wipe..

Maybe it jus me with this problem....still love the hard so ill keep it movin.

temporizer

Aug 17, 2006
Vancouver
Mods, can you please close this thread?[/QUOTE]

We should keep this thread open for future scary experimental builds. That is unless 3.6 is the final FINAL version.

I doubt this is the final version. He would do that to us ;)

We should close this thread because when he wants to test a new version we don't have to worry about 90+ pages for a new test. I think new test = new thread.

The 3.5 series is DONE and 3.6 is released! Thanks to everyone for helping test!!!!

We can resume in the original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3834528

Mods, can you please close this thread?

I agree.

Mods, can you please close this thread?

pensive

Jun 29, 2009
If I may be so bold as to make a request/suggestion.

It be awesome if the recovery allowed me to choose between several different
updateCMvXXXX or updateJFvXXX, etc... so that one could set up totally different environments for development, for day to day use, or other purpose; with each kernel optimized for the purpose. If I want to do development I do not
want all kinds of other crap either running or cluttering the screens. If I want to listen to music, I want max performance for that purpose. Unfortunely although this CM build is optimized one still gets sluggish performance with enough stuff running.

It would be great if one could switch it on the fly from the sdcard without having to involve a PC. Perhaps the recovery would allow to do restore from the nandroid files from different subfolders. Take a nandroid backup, cook up an update and then flash it.

mianosm

May 24, 2009
This thread really needs to be locked.

cyanogen has already listed the choice of which update.zip to update with as a feature he is going to work on for his next recovery image btw...

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.