Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MagicDude4Eva

Aug 25, 2009
Compcache issue is solved when you follow this thread

After applying 4.1.9.2 (from 4.1.7) everything works fine. Only annoyance is that Power Manager does not work. The end-call button behaviour (set via Spareparts) is also not working for Home+Sleep.

Unable to verify Wifi as I am still not able to connect via WEP. Sofar no crashes and normal behaviour. I have not seen any difference in speed between Compcache switched on or off (without a swap-file). Not sure why people rave about compcache --- my phone is as fast as without it (I confirmed that compcache is on).

2leaponover1

May 18, 2009

After applying 4.1.9.2 (from 4.1.7) everything works fine. Only annoyance is that Power Manager does not work. The end-call button behaviour (set via Spareparts) is also not working for Home+Sleep.

Unable to verify Wifi as I am still not able to connect via WEP. Sofar no crashes and normal behaviour. I have not seen any difference in speed between Compcache switched on or off (without a swap-file). Not sure why people rave about compcache --- my phone is as fast as without it (I confirmed that compcache is on).

I too not only think compcache does not speed things up, it causes lag and force closes. I went to linux swap and noticed a small speed increase, especially on my themed ahome screen. So regarding this can i not worry about including this file and pushing it? If i do have to, can someone give directions for terminal. I do everything from my phone.

MagicDude4Eva

Aug 25, 2009
I too not only think compcache does not speed things up, it causes lag and force closes. I went to linux swap and noticed a small speed increase, especially on my themed ahome screen. So regarding this can i not worry about including this file and pushing it? If i do have to, can someone give directions for terminal. I do everything from my phone.

why don't you read the thread I linked to? includes the instructions.

jokeyrhyme

Jun 15, 2009
Central Coast
On the subject of WiFi, I've noticed this bug forever so I suspect it's actually inherent to Android itself, but on the off-chance that Cyanogen can wave a magic wand at it...

My university has a campus-wide wireless network secured with 802.11x (enterprise-level WPA2). However, when searching for networks, that particular network is recognised as WPA2-PSK. I can try to define a new network with the same name but using WPA2-Enterprise, but it doesn't connect properly.

traspler

Jun 25, 2009
Zuerich
On the subject of WiFi, I've noticed this bug forever so I suspect it's actually inherent to Android itself, but on the off-chance that Cyanogen can wave a magic wand at it...

My university has a campus-wide wireless network secured with 802.11x (enterprise-level WPA2). However, when searching for networks, that particular network is recognised as WPA2-PSK. I can try to define a new network with the same name but using WPA2-Enterprise, but it doesn't connect properly.

Woa... at least the Network shows up at all. The Notwork at my university does not even show up.
I made a GoogleGroups Thread about the WiFi issues long ago: http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/browse_thread/thread/9820813973dca9d0#

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009

thx i got compcache fixed following your link.
compcache with backing swap seems smoothest for my experience.

robs80

Nov 22, 2007
Sorry!
I have a G1 with CyanogenMod 4.1.9.2. and I did a wipe beforehand.
And it's the standard-FC. Since it is in german, the message probably won't help you much (it's something like "the application has been terminated unexpectedly")
I get the FC directly after starting the market.

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009
HTC_CIME FC since 4.1

W/dalvikvm( 1847): Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/htc/android/cime/settings/KeyboardSettings; (418)
W/dalvikvm( 1847): Link of class 'Lcom/htc/android/cime/settings/KeyboardSettings;' failed
W/dalvikvm( 1847): Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/htc/android/cime/HTCIMESettings; (340)
W/dalvikvm( 1847): Link of class 'Lcom/htc/android/cime/HTCIMESettings;' failed
D/AndroidRuntime( 1847): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1847): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e210)

is it donut's issue? any idea?

jmdrizen

Sep 25, 2005
Kent, England
Sorry!
I have a G1 with CyanogenMod 4.1.9.2. and I did a wipe beforehand.
And it's the standard-FC. Since it is in german, the message probably won't help you much (it's something like "the application has been terminated unexpectedly")
I get the FC directly after starting the market.
Are you able to complete another wipe and try again? Clearing ext3 again?

My G1's working okay here with the market place..? I get the odd FC, but no more than have previously experienced with the experimental series, and nothing of serious note anway...

Chosen_on184

Jul 27, 2009
Since upgrading to newest model .. nothing to report aside from the PDf viewer ..
Aside from that everything works great ..

No force closes from anything

Global search works fine

Browser works fine

All my apps open and work

Note* As with all experimental builds cyan put out is always in your best intrest to do a nandroid then wipe before flashing as this tends to solve most fc and crash issues ..This what i've done and it worked so far :D:D

robs80

Nov 22, 2007
Are you able to complete another wipe and try again? Clearing ext3 again?

My G1's working okay here with the market place..? I get the odd FC, but no more than have previously experienced with the experimental series, and nothing of serious note anway...

Ok, thanks, i'll try that when I get home from work.

MagicDude4Eva

Aug 25, 2009
Woa... at least the Network shows up at all. The Notwork at my university does not even show up.
I made a GoogleGroups Thread about the WiFi issues long ago: http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/browse_thread/thread/9820813973dca9d0#

my network shows up fine, but I am unable to connect. getting timeouts. I did notice that with 4.1.9.2 it shows properly as WEP and it logs that it is trying to obtain a DHCP address but then times out. need to spend some more time on it to figure out what is going on now.

bassbox

Feb 27, 2009
4.1.9.2 works fantastic on my g1 now (previously camera bugged and random reboots)

well, i can't access settings from camera or recorder. gonna upload log later if no one did so far

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Ive had not many issues since the initial install when my phone rebooted. been using 4.1.9.2 since it was posted and pushed over the files posted to enable compcache. I have experienced my icons disappearing on my home screen twice where i had to reboot the phone. since pushing those files over i have not had any problems.

Ok I just loaded 4.1.9.2 onto my phone from 4.0.4 and the only problems I have had is like what everyone else says the google partner force close. And when I tryed to install the voice to text it said it was done download and installed then I tryed to go to it and it opend up my advance task killer app and then I closed out of that and went to the home screen and all my icons where gone?? So I rebooted the phone and the g1 boot screen took came up for about 10 mins so I took the battery out and put it back in and turned it on and everything was normal except for the google partner force close. I didn't try to install that app again until more feed back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this thread is to test out a new "experimental" series of ROMs. It is very possible that installing something from this thread will render your phone unusable. This build is picking up where 4.0.4 left off and will eventually become 4.2.

This is Android 1.6 (Donut).

Two rules for posting in this thread:

1. READ THE FRAKKING CHANGELOG
    2. Then read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* Please don't install anything you find here unless you want to help test and know what you are doing. Questions about GMail timeouts or your Market apps not updating will be ignored (not that they are broken in this build, but that the chance of it being ROM-related is almost nil). Use the stable version instead!

* Always run a Nandroid backup before flashing anything you find here.

* DO NOT post in this thread any one-liners like "okay flashing now!". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these threads move fast and we need to minimize the clutter. It's very possible that you will be banned if a mod sees this.

* This is not the right thread for discussing compcache and swap-related things!

* If you have installed a theme, your "warranty" is null and void! Don't post bugs here if you have installed a theme. And don't pretend like you haven't installed a theme just so you can waste people's time. That also goes for anything else you flash on top of the ROM that messes with the framework, like HTC Music. Just reinstall the ROM and try to reproduce your issue (and provide a log!!)

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your G1
     * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

With that out of the way..
    READ & POST ONLY ISSUES.
    HE OR SHE THAT ASKS QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED OR THAT ARE IN THE CHANGE LOG. (Next Post)
    WILL BE BANNED..............
    Think before you post, warning issued!!!!
    Per: Mikey

(v4.1.11.1 - experimental version, updated 9/18):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/update-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: c60a30289a6c06c47df3f5bd7fc802fc

Theme Template - v4.1.11.1 (for crazy theme developers):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/template-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 01f64990d13c25246c35e03a449f9548

Code Repository on GitHub: http://github.com/cyanogen

If anyone is bored, knows Java & Android, and wants to help, I take patches!

haykuro said:
    add 2 different system folders into your updates, 1 contains a plethora of beastiality and the other is the real image, have it run a small binary that gets a random number, if the number is divisible by 3 it gives you bad rom
    I noticed on v3.9.3 it drains the battery very much quicker :/ anyone notice this?
    This has happened to me twice, and as far as i can tell, it wasn't due to any fiddling of firmwares. Both times it happened, I had been snapping pictures throughout the day. I forget exactly what happened the first time, but the more recent time I just went to take a picture and it said to insert an sd card. When i looked at my gallery it showed only grey placeholder thumbnails. I thought maybe the microsd had dislodged so i shutdown, made sure it was inserted and rebooted only to discover about 10 days of photos were gone.

Both times it happened to me, it wasn't just my pictures or videos that were deleted. It seemed that most all recent files on the fat32 partiton were wiped. Oddly enough, some pctures did survive and these were older than some of the files that got wiped. Additionally, many remaining files seem to still show up, but they are actually 0b empty files.

hmm last time i lost my pictures it was only from the DCIM folder, this time it was DCIM and the 2 newest pictures in my downloads folder. but ive never noticed anything missing besides images. maybe its a bug in the gallery app. culd it have been caused by unplugign the USB without unmounting?
    Global search is a massive chunk of Donut code that is all thru the framework. I started trying to make it work but there are just too many changes.

How about making the donut branch the next experimental once the current experimental becomes 4.0?

Also, the debate about the new or old Launcher just made me wonder if it would be possible to run

/sdcard/pre_install.sh and
    /sdcard/post_install.sh

before and after flashing updates (if they exist), respectively.

This way, you could have the .apk for the new Launcher on your sd and have the post_install.sh override the installed launcher with the new one.

You could also do a backup of some data folders & complete whipe before flashing and then restoring the data after flashing.

I know this is kinda off-topic here and should be moved over to the CM Recovery thread, I just wanted to point this out so everyone can have his/her favorite launcher...
    The only issue I am having is Dismissing a calendar reminder. I pull the notification drawer down, hit the event, click Dismiss and it force-closes but doesnt dismiss the event and the notification stays in the drawer. I have to just clear the notifications list for it to go away.

I also use Dataviz RoadSync and its calendar does not have the same issue.