Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
I just loaded GChrome with V4.1.11.1 took away the rounded corners. And keeps giving me fc's when I try to change how loud my ringer is menu>settings>audio&display>ringer volume.

jokeyrhyme

Jun 15, 2009
Central Coast
Hmmm, rounded corners. Not sure I like it. Too Pre-esque. Although I definitely don't like the top-only rounded corners. Maybe if you add the same rounded corners to the closed-Drawer image and the bottom of the opened-Drawer image so that the whole Home screen looks more round? I dunno. People are so divided on the issue of rounded corners I'm surprised there isn't an option in settings to make this change or not for all ROMs / themes.

I like that the Market isn't Force-Closing when I click Notifications anymore. However, it occurs to me that I've absolutely never once been told that an updated application was waiting for me on the Market. Do you need to have the Always-Connected option enabled for that to work at all? I'd really rather save battery life, but it seems odd not to be told of the option-dependancy at all. I suppose this is Google's fault and not really something Cyanogen can tinker with.

Cyanogen, if you can rip the sensor calibration application for the Hero that would be fantastic. I've been tinkering with akmd for ages on my Sapphire since it came back from repairs with dodgy sensors and I can't fix it. :( And I'm not going to send it back for another week without a phone just for that.

santet

Sep 10, 2009
Accra
all Patterns unlock phone

has anyone noticed that any pattern sequence you enter on the unlock screen unlocks the phone.. Just noticed it.Thanks cyanogen.with you;Now i have a "phone"...:-D..

jokeyrhyme

Jun 15, 2009
Central Coast
has anyone noticed that any pattern sequence you enter on the unlock screen unlocks the phone.. Just noticed it.Thanks cyanogen.with you;Now i have a "phone"...:-D..

Are you using a lockscreen replacement? I just tested it out just now and the my pattern that I have set is definitely the only one that works.

Nice little "phone" comment at the end. When I tell my friends how many times a week I flash my handset, they shake their heads in disbelief. :p

userfriendlyme

unfortunately, the issue with the screen's inability to wake back up is persistent in this build as well. i have attached my last_kmsg. i hope it helps in fixing this issue.

I can agree with some of the other users that anytime i had this issue it was a result of my memory card having some sort of corrupted file or error on the card. I reformat the partition usually just the fat32 and i had no issues since then. I also had that ussue with a widget on the home screen not sure exactly but i think it was the audio manager widget.

userfriendlyme

4.1.11 was alright for me. Cannot make the update to 4.1.11.1 right now because I'm at school but I will update when I get home. Slight problem that I have encountered has been a terrible battery life. It went from 100% to 41% in just over 2 hours. This may have been because the camera app did not close properly, so I am charging now and I will post again if the battery life drops so dramatically again.

I didnt think you needed to upgrade to .1 unless you had issues with installing after a wipe. There's nothing new in that update but a fix for the people who had problems with that. If your already on .11 then whats the point.

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
Has anyone else had issues with the end button not putting the phone into sleep mode? I checked spare parts and it is set to "home then sleep". I did a quick search in this thread, but saw nothing recent.

This build does seem faster running programs I know run slow like Sherpa and Doom. The normal navigation seems the same as the stable build, but changing from portrait to landscape seems a bit slower. But it seems a great ROM. I'm restoring my phone back to 4.0.4 to test this though.

Last edited:

bolmedias

May 3, 2009
Ipswich
Okay, there definitely seems to be a battery issue with 4.1.11. It charged at a very slow rate (took 20 minutes to go from 41% to 45%) and then dropped from 45% to 29% in 30 minutes. I was not using the phone at all, and 3G was off.

userfriendlyme

I want to go from 5 home screens to 3 - should this let me do this on the very latest 4.1.11.1 build? I cant seem to find it thats all...

Its not available in this update. Those instuctions are for the advanced launcher which is not included in the experimental....so your stuck with 5 screens. Sorry just use what you want and forget the other 2 are there...

PsychoI3oy

Mar 10, 2009
Denverish
I just loaded GChrome with V4.1.11.1 took away the rounded corners. And keeps giving me fc's when I try to change how loud my ringer is menu>settings>audio&display>ringer volume.

Your ringtones aren't where they were before. If you had them on your /system/sd, then you need to re-symlink to /system/media/audio. A logcat would show a file-not-found type exception.

I want to go from 5 home screens to 3 - should this let me do this on the very latest 4.1.11.1 build? I cant seem to find it thats all...

I cannot find that option anywhere also.

Dude. That's a page 1 post from July. That's like 3.9.0 territory. The modified home thing went away a loooong time ago. I'd say to look at the changelogs but 3.9's not there anymore. Anywho, you're stuck with 5 unless you add your own extended desktop thing, at which point nobody listens to your bug reports (unless you can reporoduce on stock CM).

i would rather wait for the another stable one :)

Great. Do so without adding clutter to a 7600 post long thread.

userfriendlyme

Okay, there definitely seems to be a battery issue with 4.1.11. It charged at a very slow rate (took 20 minutes to go from 41% to 45%) and then dropped from 45% to 29% in 30 minutes. I was not using the phone at all, and 3G was off.

I'm not noticing that dramtic of a drop. But i also use :BATTERY REFRESH" on the market after each update to help calibrate the battery so it reads correctly when charging. Also i think after a flash its better to charge the battery with the ACTUAL charger then through usb for some reason just charges faster and retains a better charge IMO.

On a side note using the 4.1.11 becasue i installed it no problems and i love it not one single FC nice speed no delay after using some app (twidroid) on the homescreen seem to be gone as well. Still need to test my BT headset once its charge see if the music controls are working now. But thanks Cyan for another good release.

PsychoI3oy

Mar 10, 2009
Denverish
Has anyone else had issues with the end button not putting the phone into sleep mode? I checked spare parts and it is set to "home then sleep". I did a quick search in this thread, but saw nothing recent.

"home then sleep" stopped working a couple or 3 versions ago. Have to use the "sleep" option.

Standard procedure any time you think "there's a battery issue with the rom" is to re-calibrate your battery. Charge all the way, delete /data/system/batterystats.bin (gotta su/remount first), let it drain fully, charge, etc. There has only been two things that ever caused "a battery issue" in any given CM rom, one was the battery on the lock screen and the other was an Android-wide location bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this thread is to test out a new "experimental" series of ROMs. It is very possible that installing something from this thread will render your phone unusable. This build is picking up where 4.0.4 left off and will eventually become 4.2.

This is Android 1.6 (Donut).

Two rules for posting in this thread:

1. READ THE FRAKKING CHANGELOG
    2. Then read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* Please don't install anything you find here unless you want to help test and know what you are doing. Questions about GMail timeouts or your Market apps not updating will be ignored (not that they are broken in this build, but that the chance of it being ROM-related is almost nil). Use the stable version instead!

* Always run a Nandroid backup before flashing anything you find here.

* DO NOT post in this thread any one-liners like "okay flashing now!". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these threads move fast and we need to minimize the clutter. It's very possible that you will be banned if a mod sees this.

* This is not the right thread for discussing compcache and swap-related things!

* If you have installed a theme, your "warranty" is null and void! Don't post bugs here if you have installed a theme. And don't pretend like you haven't installed a theme just so you can waste people's time. That also goes for anything else you flash on top of the ROM that messes with the framework, like HTC Music. Just reinstall the ROM and try to reproduce your issue (and provide a log!!)

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your G1
     * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

With that out of the way..
    READ & POST ONLY ISSUES.
    HE OR SHE THAT ASKS QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED OR THAT ARE IN THE CHANGE LOG. (Next Post)
    WILL BE BANNED..............
    Think before you post, warning issued!!!!
    Per: Mikey

(v4.1.11.1 - experimental version, updated 9/18):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/update-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: c60a30289a6c06c47df3f5bd7fc802fc

Theme Template - v4.1.11.1 (for crazy theme developers):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/template-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 01f64990d13c25246c35e03a449f9548

Code Repository on GitHub: http://github.com/cyanogen

If anyone is bored, knows Java & Android, and wants to help, I take patches!

haykuro said:
    add 2 different system folders into your updates, 1 contains a plethora of beastiality and the other is the real image, have it run a small binary that gets a random number, if the number is divisible by 3 it gives you bad rom
    I noticed on v3.9.3 it drains the battery very much quicker :/ anyone notice this?
    This has happened to me twice, and as far as i can tell, it wasn't due to any fiddling of firmwares. Both times it happened, I had been snapping pictures throughout the day. I forget exactly what happened the first time, but the more recent time I just went to take a picture and it said to insert an sd card. When i looked at my gallery it showed only grey placeholder thumbnails. I thought maybe the microsd had dislodged so i shutdown, made sure it was inserted and rebooted only to discover about 10 days of photos were gone.

Both times it happened to me, it wasn't just my pictures or videos that were deleted. It seemed that most all recent files on the fat32 partiton were wiped. Oddly enough, some pctures did survive and these were older than some of the files that got wiped. Additionally, many remaining files seem to still show up, but they are actually 0b empty files.

hmm last time i lost my pictures it was only from the DCIM folder, this time it was DCIM and the 2 newest pictures in my downloads folder. but ive never noticed anything missing besides images. maybe its a bug in the gallery app. culd it have been caused by unplugign the USB without unmounting?
    Global search is a massive chunk of Donut code that is all thru the framework. I started trying to make it work but there are just too many changes.

How about making the donut branch the next experimental once the current experimental becomes 4.0?

Also, the debate about the new or old Launcher just made me wonder if it would be possible to run

/sdcard/pre_install.sh and
    /sdcard/post_install.sh

before and after flashing updates (if they exist), respectively.

This way, you could have the .apk for the new Launcher on your sd and have the post_install.sh override the installed launcher with the new one.

You could also do a backup of some data folders & complete whipe before flashing and then restoring the data after flashing.

I know this is kinda off-topic here and should be moved over to the CM Recovery thread, I just wanted to point this out so everyone can have his/her favorite launcher...
    The only issue I am having is Dismissing a calendar reminder. I pull the notification drawer down, hit the event, click Dismiss and it force-closes but doesnt dismiss the event and the notification stays in the drawer. I have to just clear the notifications list for it to go away.

I also use Dataviz RoadSync and its calendar does not have the same issue.