Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rotonbanana

Feb 5, 2007
been having trouble since the last stable build with the updater. it goes to about 6/** mb then it stops dl. this is both on edge and with wifi. est. time also stops. has the bar in the pull down but when i pull it down and click on the status bar it opens either to the download screen yet there is no yellow bar filled or the amount of mb completed and no time..or it resets the whole update program

userfriendlyme

been having trouble since the last stable build with the updater. it goes to about 6/** mb then it stops dl. this is both on edge and with wifi. est. time also stops. has the bar in the pull down but when i pull it down and click on the status bar it opens either to the download screen yet there is no yellow bar filled or the amount of mb completed and no time..or it resets the whole update program

Are you using the latest updater? have you tried uninstalling the updater and reinstalling it?

Jigga0o7

May 31, 2009
SF Bay Area
www.twitter.com
I don't see that it's been posted just yet, so I just wanted to say that I am extremely impressed with 4.1.11.1. I have no problems to report whatsoever, and if I didn't see others having so many issues I'd say this would be a strong candidate for becoming the new stable release. Excellent work Cyan, always so quick to fix any issue.

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
I don't see that it's been posted just yet, so I just wanted to say that I am extremely impressed with 4.1.11.1. I have no problems to report whatsoever, and if I didn't see others having so many issues I'd say this would be a strong candidate for becoming the new stable release. Excellent work Cyan, always so quick to fix any issue.

I think a lot of it is the usual PEBKAC (does this work with smart phones?) problem. I am not seeing any issues and have been running 4.1.11.1 all night. Digging the speed and somehow I have 10mb of memory more free than usual according to Advanced Task Manager.

elzee

Jul 6, 2009
Sydney
I can happily now say that 4.1.11.1 is great!

It also appears that the Black Screen Freeze issue I've been suffering through is now resolved. This was accomplished by reformatting my SD Card using adb. I followed an excellent guide at this website .. http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-to-manually-partition-your-sd-card-for-android-apps2sd/

I'm now slowly loading up the G1 with Widgets and Apps to see how far I can get before FC's start appearing on a regular basis.

keruano: I thank you for your advice and kind assistance. You were right! :)

Cyanogen thank you again for all your great work also.

Last edited:

himom

Sep 2, 2009
Camcorder audio is working, but I need to speak directly into the mic for it to pick it up. Didn't see any other setting for it, but it's not picking up audio very well.

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
Hence why i said "I do Not think". i wasnt sure but i do no it works on his previous updates which is why i suggested. rather then him post 20 more pages on the guy who told him to update to the advanced launcher and messed up his phone lol

Yes but when you replied to him, you worded it as if you were 100% sure he'd have to goto another ROM. Nothing about "you think". Just trying to keep false info out of the thread as all we need are people reading your post and replying a week later about it.

robbiekhan

Aug 22, 2009
I've decided to stick to the latest v4.1.11.1 for the moment as I found the force closes to be related to my mass restoration of backed up apps - MyBackupPro and ASTRO were force closing on every 2nd app restore which was tedious as I have 48 apps :p

All done now though and it's fast.

VERY fast...!

Edit*
And WHOAH just how fast is the browsing scrolling now?!

jaaronmoody

Feb 25, 2009
Orlando
my music app is acting all screwy., even after a wipe. my bt audio works in a call but not music. the music widget is not loading on the home screen. when i manually open up a song in the app it plays, but no audio through bt, and the song seems to be fast forwarding through it with the counter skipping intermittently.

bokkoman

May 24, 2009
Nice work! I hope you include more dictionaries for other languages, because the word suggestion does not work for some of them. ie dutch and german, and i believe there are more that do not work.

Besides that, i'm loving this rom! I hope a stable release will come soon.

2leaponover1

May 18, 2009
This is much better than 4.10.1 I was having all sorts of problems with that. I am now at 4.11.1 and the only issue i have is the end key has stopped going to home then sleep. It's not doing anything right now. Other than that, the initial force closes but then ran fix_permissions and rebooted and everything is hunky dory now.

cc6321

Sep 17, 2009
:)

thanks for your hard work cyan..

this question for anyone else since i know cyan deserves a well deserved break once again.. :)

just wondering if theres any way to get open home working without wiping tho..

heres a logcat..

Code:
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 622 objects / 234288 bytes in 282ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 613 objects / 232576 bytes in 286ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 608 objects / 222656 bytes in 284ms
I/Process (  646): Sending signal. PID: 646 SIG: 9
I/ActivityManager(  132): Process com.betterandroid.openhome2 (pid 646) has died.
I/WindowManager(  132): WIN DEATH: Window{439dc0a8 com.betterandroid.openhome2/com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher paused=false}
I/ActivityManager(  132): Start proc com.betterandroid.openhome2 for activity com.betterandroid.openhome2/.Launcher: pid=655 uid=10092 gids={3003, 3002, 3001}
W/UsageStats(  132): Something wrong here, didn't expect com.betterandroid.openhome2 to be resumed
I/ActivityThread(  655): Publishing provider com.betterandroid.openhome.livefolder.weather: com.betterandroid.openhome2.weather.WeatherProvider
I/ActivityThread(  655): Publishing provider com.betterandroid.openhome2.settings: com.betterandroid.openhome2.LauncherProvider
D/dalvikvm(  655): GC(2) freed 2418 objects / 169856 bytes in 98ms
E/dalvikvm(  655): Could not find method android.provider.Sync$Settings$QueryMap.getListenForNetworkTickles, referenced from method com.betterandroid.openhome2.widget.SettingsAppWidgetProvider2.getBackgroundDataState
W/dalvikvm(  655): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 458: Landroid/provider/Sync$Settings$QueryMap;.getListenForNetworkTickles ()Z
W/dalvikvm(  655): VFY:  rejecting opcode 0x6e at 0x0000
W/dalvikvm(  655): VFY:  rejected Lcom/betterandroid/openhome2/widget/SettingsAppWidgetProvider2;.getBackgroundDataState (Landroid/provider/Sync$Settings$QueryMap;)Z
W/dalvikvm(  655): Verifier rejected class Lcom/betterandroid/openhome2/widget/SettingsAppWidgetProvider2;
W/System.err(  655): java.lang.VerifyError: com.betterandroid.openhome2.widget.SettingsAppWidgetProvider2
W/System.err(  655): 	at com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher.reloadSkin(Launcher.java:2773)
W/System.err(  655): 	at com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher.onCreate2(Launcher.java:2908)
W/System.err(  655): 	at com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher.onCreate(Launcher.java:291)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1123)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2364)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2417)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2100(ActivityThread.java:116)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1794)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/System.err(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4203)
W/System.err(  655): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/System.err(  655): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
W/System.err(  655): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
W/System.err(  655): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:549)
W/System.err(  655): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I/NotificationService(  132): enqueueToast pkg=com.betterandroid.openhome2 callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43a15500 duration=1
D/AndroidRuntime(  655): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(  655): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e210)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.betterandroid.openhome2/com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2851)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2866)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2420)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2100(ActivityThread.java:116)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1794)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4203)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:549)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at com.betterandroid.openhome2.Launcher.onResume(Launcher.java:3046)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1225)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:3559)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2838)
E/AndroidRuntime(  655): 	... 12 more
I/Process (  132): Sending signal. PID: 655 SIG: 3
I/dalvikvm(  655): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
I/dalvikvm(  655): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 4565 objects / 620528 bytes in 337ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 8359 objects / 692440 bytes in 340ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 4641 objects / 399616 bytes in 134ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 1767 objects / 203584 bytes in 314ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 379 objects / 138744 bytes in 302ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 336 objects / 186896 bytes in 125ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 282 objects / 53072 bytes in 113ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 260 objects / 8744 bytes in 120ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 1457 objects / 96216 bytes in 323ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 129 objects / 46416 bytes in 306ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 922 objects / 72488 bytes in 324ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 3488 objects / 162624 bytes in 323ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 445 objects / 57400 bytes in 314ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 131 objects / 47280 bytes in 304ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 267 objects / 51760 bytes in 304ms
W/ActivityManager(  132): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{43ab7b20 com.betterandroid.openhome2/.Launcher}
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 152 objects / 47888 bytes in 293ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 286 objects / 51960 bytes in 314ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 276 objects / 51456 bytes in 304ms
D/dalvikvm(  477): GC(0) freed 130 objects / 46888 bytes in 305ms

Same for me. Has anyone else figured out how to get rid of this error and get Open Home to start? Thanks. For me, the stack trace also has:

<code>
E/dalvikvm( 9162): Could not find method android.provider.Sync$Settings$QueryMap
.getListenForNetworkTickles, referenced from method com.betterandroid.openhome2.
widget.SettingsAppWidgetProvider2.getBackgroundDataState
E/AndroidRuntime( 9162): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught e
xception
</code>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this thread is to test out a new "experimental" series of ROMs. It is very possible that installing something from this thread will render your phone unusable. This build is picking up where 4.0.4 left off and will eventually become 4.2.

This is Android 1.6 (Donut).

Two rules for posting in this thread:

1. READ THE FRAKKING CHANGELOG
    2. Then read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* Please don't install anything you find here unless you want to help test and know what you are doing. Questions about GMail timeouts or your Market apps not updating will be ignored (not that they are broken in this build, but that the chance of it being ROM-related is almost nil). Use the stable version instead!

* Always run a Nandroid backup before flashing anything you find here.

* DO NOT post in this thread any one-liners like "okay flashing now!". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these threads move fast and we need to minimize the clutter. It's very possible that you will be banned if a mod sees this.

* This is not the right thread for discussing compcache and swap-related things!

* If you have installed a theme, your "warranty" is null and void! Don't post bugs here if you have installed a theme. And don't pretend like you haven't installed a theme just so you can waste people's time. That also goes for anything else you flash on top of the ROM that messes with the framework, like HTC Music. Just reinstall the ROM and try to reproduce your issue (and provide a log!!)

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your G1
     * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

With that out of the way..
    READ & POST ONLY ISSUES.
    HE OR SHE THAT ASKS QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED OR THAT ARE IN THE CHANGE LOG. (Next Post)
    WILL BE BANNED..............
    Think before you post, warning issued!!!!
    Per: Mikey

(v4.1.11.1 - experimental version, updated 9/18):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/update-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: c60a30289a6c06c47df3f5bd7fc802fc

Theme Template - v4.1.11.1 (for crazy theme developers):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/template-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 01f64990d13c25246c35e03a449f9548

Code Repository on GitHub: http://github.com/cyanogen

If anyone is bored, knows Java & Android, and wants to help, I take patches!

haykuro said:
    add 2 different system folders into your updates, 1 contains a plethora of beastiality and the other is the real image, have it run a small binary that gets a random number, if the number is divisible by 3 it gives you bad rom
    I noticed on v3.9.3 it drains the battery very much quicker :/ anyone notice this?
    This has happened to me twice, and as far as i can tell, it wasn't due to any fiddling of firmwares. Both times it happened, I had been snapping pictures throughout the day. I forget exactly what happened the first time, but the more recent time I just went to take a picture and it said to insert an sd card. When i looked at my gallery it showed only grey placeholder thumbnails. I thought maybe the microsd had dislodged so i shutdown, made sure it was inserted and rebooted only to discover about 10 days of photos were gone.

Both times it happened to me, it wasn't just my pictures or videos that were deleted. It seemed that most all recent files on the fat32 partiton were wiped. Oddly enough, some pctures did survive and these were older than some of the files that got wiped. Additionally, many remaining files seem to still show up, but they are actually 0b empty files.

hmm last time i lost my pictures it was only from the DCIM folder, this time it was DCIM and the 2 newest pictures in my downloads folder. but ive never noticed anything missing besides images. maybe its a bug in the gallery app. culd it have been caused by unplugign the USB without unmounting?
    Global search is a massive chunk of Donut code that is all thru the framework. I started trying to make it work but there are just too many changes.

How about making the donut branch the next experimental once the current experimental becomes 4.0?

Also, the debate about the new or old Launcher just made me wonder if it would be possible to run

/sdcard/pre_install.sh and
    /sdcard/post_install.sh

before and after flashing updates (if they exist), respectively.

This way, you could have the .apk for the new Launcher on your sd and have the post_install.sh override the installed launcher with the new one.

You could also do a backup of some data folders & complete whipe before flashing and then restoring the data after flashing.

I know this is kinda off-topic here and should be moved over to the CM Recovery thread, I just wanted to point this out so everyone can have his/her favorite launcher...
    The only issue I am having is Dismissing a calendar reminder. I pull the notification drawer down, hit the event, click Dismiss and it force-closes but doesnt dismiss the event and the notification stays in the drawer. I have to just clear the notifications list for it to go away.

I also use Dataviz RoadSync and its calendar does not have the same issue.