[ROM]Cyanogenmod11[WORKING]

Which Android version do you like the most?

• Stock Samsung 4.1.2

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Cyanogenmod 10/10.1 Stable (4.1.2/4.2.2)

Votes: 23 8.4%
  • Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.4)

Votes: 97 35.5%
  • Cyanogenmod 12 (5.0.1)

Votes: 169 61.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
NOTE

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CyanogenMod 11 for the galaxy fame S6810/B/I/P/... S6812/B/etc... So these builds should work for all the fame devices NOT MEANT FOR ANOTHER PHONE THEN THE FAME.
This is only for testers who know how to report an logcat so we find out the problems why it won't boot and can fix those problems.
So it's not for daily usage yet, even if it boots.

WARNING: On some galaxy fame's the touchscreen fails to work after flashing this rom. This means that despite reflashing back there's no way to fix it as far as we know except for replacingthe digitizer.
Flash at your own risk.

DISCLAIMER
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
 * nuclear war, penguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
 */

First Time Installing an custom rom, flash CWM from corsicanu then flash mine. If you already have the one from corsicanu then you can flash now the compatible recovery for cm11.

Download Site: TEST VERSION 0.8
Rom download:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1u3mnq0nstfaVNaS1ZZZXh3am8&export=download

Light gapps download:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/themes-apps/gapps-light-edition-google-apps-android-t2548351

How do I logcat?
See this thread how to logcat it's very easy, I suggest to be also newb friendly to use the logcat apps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238
How do I enable Dual SIM?
To enable or disable, run the following command from adb or terminal emulator and then reboot. SIM Settings can then be found in Settings -> Multi Sim Settings.

Option 2 which is the fastest one is to check out this app made by @xenon92 it also has a nice UI, I hope it works on the fame else I will remove the link again:
https://github.com/xenon92/multisim-toggle/releases
Enable:
Code:
su 
setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
Disable:

Code:
su 

setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
Note that Dual SIM mode currently has the following limitations:
  • Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
  • "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
  • The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
  • There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
  • Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
  • Changing 2G/3G mode in Settings may show too many options if the language used is not English. If more than 3 options is shown, only use the 3 top options (which will be WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA preferred regardless of the actual label shown).
  • 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
  • Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
  • Baseband version not displayed in Settings

Cellular maybe 50/50. Not yet good working on S6812, on S6810 models it's working fine as far as I know.
front camera video FC & panorama mode for rear camera.
Feel free to report other bugs here But Logcat and send it else it didn't happend

If you can't import contacts from sim or you have other issues try to disable Dualsim

If you modified system with mods then you have to reflash those mods since Cyanogenmod wipes /system and it would replace the mods files probably which would cause the mods to not work properly anyway, so I decided to keep the /system formatting in the updater-script.
Don´t blame me that it doesnt fully work since there is no official or unofficial sourcecode on github except the one on my github.
And i don't own that device.

Credits:

Cyanogenmod for their Branch :good:
Dhinesh77 for his Corsica source which I use as base.
Pawitp for Patches
Xenon92 for collection and patch apply script
karthick mostwanted for some kernel tweaks/other stuff.
Corsicanu and Ramsudharsan for helping me/introducing me to the fame:good:
All the beta testers and the fame community, I sadly can't note all the beta testers atm there are too many :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod 11, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fame

Contributors
wulsic
Source Code: https://github.com/wulsic/android_device_samsung_nevisp/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Custom Recovery, Galaxy Fame phone.
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.5
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-07

Created 2014-10-07
Last Updated 2016-02-26

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Reserved

Changelogs:
Version 0.1:
Initial build.

Version 0.2 Planned Fixed:
Buttons: Fixed
Dualsim Issues fixed.
Auditp issues fixed.
Graphical Glitches fixed.
EGL libraries will fail when used in 4.2 as if the
framebuffer is not FramebufferNativeWindow Fixed.
Request sim pincode even if you don't have one. Fixed
Screenshots upside down& Mirrored. Fixed
Pc cant see device: Fixed
MTP: Fixed
And some other things under the hood.

Version 0.3 Changelog:
Fixed boot issue
Hopefully fixed WiFi issue.

Version 0.4 changelog:
Fixing sim related issues
Fixing mtp
Switching samsung audio and some other things to openfirmware .
Whatsapp and third party apps voice recording
Setting android to permissive mode
Optimizations a bit, more incoming later,
And some other stuff.

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Reserved for later notes,

Btw for the users who wanna know about this, It is still busy with compiling the Cm11 build so you have to wait till tomorrow :D I don't know or it boots yet but I had found an stupid mistake which I didn't saw before and I had an big update so we will see :cyclops:.
Also I seperated Cyanogenmod 10 and the 11 thread to hold the topics a bit better so its not all confused with each other.

MegaBoyX9

Nov 3, 2013
If i understood correctly you don't have fame? I will try to flash this tomorrow and report back.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: wulsic

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
If i understood correctly you don't have fame? I will try to flash this tomorrow and report back.

Yes that's correct I don't have the fame. Or my build will be uploaded in 3 hours or after half an hour now since its rebuilding atm:D had too low storage ;p for making the flashable zip.

Edit: Testing build is uploading.

Last edited:

MegaBoyX9

Nov 3, 2013
Status 7

I get set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /external_sd/cm-11-20-141007-UNOFFICIAL-nevisp.zip (Status 7)
I tried normal corsicanu cwm and your's with same result.

EDIT: I might be able to point you in the right direction here. I also have samsung galaxy ace plus, and we had exactly same problem when we started porting KK to it. In your updater script you used set_metadata_recursive as we did in beginning and we also got status 7 error. Solution was to use set_perm and set_perm_recursive. This is what we have in script in our ROM:

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0755, "/system/addon.d");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin");
set_perm(0, 3003, 02750, "/system/bin/netcfg");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0750, "/system/bin/run-as");
set_perm(1014, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/init.goldfish.sh");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0555, "/system/etc/ppp");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/librank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procmem");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procrank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");

I don't know how to apply this to fame ROM, because I ain't that familiar with it, but I'm sure you can, or somebody who knows that.
Just to be clear I didn't develop ROM for ace plus and this is best I can explain it to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnxHall and wulsic

faizauthar12

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T

EDIT: I might be able to point you in the right direction here. I also have samsung galaxy ace plus, and we had exactly same problem when we started porting KK to it. In your updater script you used set_metadata_recursive as we did in beginning and we also got status 7 error. Solution was to use set_perm and set_perm_recursive. This is what we have in script in our ROM:

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0755, "/system/addon.d");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin");
set_perm(0, 3003, 02750, "/system/bin/netcfg");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0750, "/system/bin/run-as");
set_perm(1014, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/init.goldfish.sh");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0555, "/system/etc/ppp");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/librank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procmem");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procrank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");

I don't know how to apply this to fame ROM, because I ain't that familiar with it, but I'm sure you can, or somebody who knows that.
Just to be clear I didn't develop ROM for ace plus and this is best I can explain it to you.

hey man,,if you want install it,maybe i will give the fix for updater-scripts,,and a big news!!,it boot !!!! :victory:

update:
sorry,i not see the full psot of your post :D ,,that's kind of facepalm ,i see again,,you are try to give us the fix ,sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: AnxHall and wulsic

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Here try this recovery, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfZnVSTDZpR0JKV2M/view?usp=sharing
also see the OP for a small details under the download about updater-script.
The set_metadata_recursive failed because the recovery doesn't have Selinux enabled.

MegaBoyX9

Nov 3, 2013

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I think you uploaded wrong script as the one in the link is same as the one in the zip, without that code that tells you to do a Factory reset..
Yes thats why to prevent status7 errors, since faizuthar also did clean install and had the same results, status 7. Your problem from set metadata_recursive is because of your recovery. Use the one in my lastmessage to you and or the in in op.

@ftorga @toshiro71 @misha_android @xdagee @blackwatch92 @black_tiger1 and other people, I just wanted to say and let you guys notice that I am also working on this project and that we've got it booting! There are still bugs like keylayout, cellular maybe also still a bit half working and some other small issues but its fixable :) wifi is working camera is working and other things also.
I will disbandon cm10 and focus on cm11 I think since it has more features working :)

Last edited:

MegaBoyX9

Nov 3, 2013
I used this last recovery you posted and thing is I didn't get any error message, there was red triangle and it said only installation aborted

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
Yes thats why to prevent status7 errors, since faizuthar also did clean install and had the same results, status 7. Your problem from set metadata_recursive is because of your recovery. Use the one in my lastmessage to you and or the in in op.

@ftorga @toshiro71 @misha_android @xdagee @blackwatch92 @black_tiger1 and other people, I just wanted to say and let you guys notice that I am also working on this project and that we've got it booting! There are still bugs like keylayout, cellular maybe also still a bit half working and some other small issues but its fixable :) wifi is working camera is working and other things also.
I will disbandon cm10 and focus on cm11 I think since it has more features working :)
well this is great, keep up the good work. and as I always say. will check it out as i manage to get the fame from my friend once again :)

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I used this last recovery you posted and thing is I didn't get any error message, there was red triangle and it said only installation aborted

Sorry for late reaction, I think that if red triangle comes up that the zip might be corrupted or it can't read the updater-script. As soon as I am done I will reupload the zip with the modified updater-script. Do you have notepad+? If so then can you check or the updater-script file you downloaded is in unix format?
Sorry for the troubles you are having with this, you can soon see how cm11 is on your fame :)

Reactions: black_tiger1

MegaBoyX9

Nov 3, 2013
Sorry for late reaction, I think that if red triangle comes up that the zip might be corrupted or it can't read the updater-script. As soon as I am done I will reupload the zip with the modified updater-script. Do you have notepad+? If so then can you check or the updater-script file you downloaded is in unix format?
Sorry for the troubles you are having with this, you can soon see how cm11 is on your fame :)

Yes it's in UNIX/OSX. The thing is that it still uses set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive. If we don't have selinux enabled recovery than we can't execute set_metadata, right?

blackwatch92

Apr 14, 2014
gonna download and try later, thanks for developing cm11 on our fame... i'll try to google some fixes too :)

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
sim 1 works, wifi works, sound works. gonna try this thread if it fixes the hardware keys http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032117
Ty for testing, I forgot to modify the keylayout. I will do that in the next build so you dont need navbar since it uses more space of your screen. Sim2 I believe doesnt work yet but idk for sure, some people may have problems connecting to their provider because of the apns, I will later try to merge the stock one an the cyanogenmod one.

Temporary fix: replace the apns-config or the file that starts with apn from cyanogenmod rom with the one from stock /system/etc/ I dont know or it works but it should.
Thankyou guys that you were still waiting fo cm11 :)

blackwatch92

Apr 14, 2014
Temporary fix for hw buttons

Home key still not working

a636e48c81d0c61191998e5c430d7e9c.jpg

Finally fixed all buttons
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5PkRcad94ykV2o5bmNGSGpieHM/edit?usp=docslist_api

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CyanogenMod 11 for the galaxy fame S6810/B/I/P/... S6812/B/etc... So these builds should work for all the fame devices NOT MEANT FOR ANOTHER PHONE THEN THE FAME.
    This is only for testers who know how to report an logcat so we find out the problems why it won't boot and can fix those problems.
    So it's not for daily usage yet, even if it boots.

WARNING: On some galaxy fame's the touchscreen fails to work after flashing this rom. This means that despite reflashing back there's no way to fix it as far as we know except for replacingthe digitizer.
    Flash at your own risk.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
     * nuclear war, penguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
     */

First Time Installing an custom rom, flash CWM from corsicanu then flash mine. If you already have the one from corsicanu then you can flash now the compatible recovery for cm11.

Download Site: TEST VERSION 0.8
    Rom download:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1u3mnq0nstfaVNaS1ZZZXh3am8&export=download

Light gapps download:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/themes-apps/gapps-light-edition-google-apps-android-t2548351

How do I logcat?
    See this thread how to logcat it's very easy, I suggest to be also newb friendly to use the logcat apps.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238
    How do I enable Dual SIM?
    To enable or disable, run the following command from adb or terminal emulator and then reboot. SIM Settings can then be found in Settings -> Multi Sim Settings.

Option 2 which is the fastest one is to check out this app made by @xenon92 it also has a nice UI, I hope it works on the fame else I will remove the link again:
    https://github.com/xenon92/multisim-toggle/releases
    Enable:
    Code:
    su 
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
    Disable:

Code:
    su 

setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
    Note that Dual SIM mode currently has the following limitations:
    • Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    • "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
    • The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
    • There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
    • Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
    • Changing 2G/3G mode in Settings may show too many options if the language used is not English. If more than 3 options is shown, only use the 3 top options (which will be WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA preferred regardless of the actual label shown).
    • 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
    • Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
    • Baseband version not displayed in Settings

Cellular maybe 50/50. Not yet good working on S6812, on S6810 models it's working fine as far as I know.
    front camera video FC & panorama mode for rear camera.
    Feel free to report other bugs here But Logcat and send it else it didn't happend

If you can't import contacts from sim or you have other issues try to disable Dualsim

If you modified system with mods then you have to reflash those mods since Cyanogenmod wipes /system and it would replace the mods files probably which would cause the mods to not work properly anyway, so I decided to keep the /system formatting in the updater-script.
    Don´t blame me that it doesnt fully work since there is no official or unofficial sourcecode on github except the one on my github.
    And i don't own that device.

Credits:

Cyanogenmod for their Branch :good:
    Dhinesh77 for his Corsica source which I use as base.
    Pawitp for Patches
    Xenon92 for collection and patch apply script
    karthick mostwanted for some kernel tweaks/other stuff.
    Corsicanu and Ramsudharsan for helping me/introducing me to the fame:good:
    All the beta testers and the fame community, I sadly can't note all the beta testers atm there are too many :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 11, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fame

Contributors
    wulsic
    Source Code: https://github.com/wulsic/android_device_samsung_nevisp/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Custom Recovery, Galaxy Fame phone.
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.5
    Beta Release Date: 2014-10-07

Created 2014-10-07
    Last Updated 2016-02-26
    Reserved

Changelogs:
    Version 0.1:
    Initial build.

Version 0.2 Planned Fixed:
    Buttons: Fixed
    Dualsim Issues fixed.
    Auditp issues fixed.
    Graphical Glitches fixed.
    EGL libraries will fail when used in 4.2 as if the
    framebuffer is not FramebufferNativeWindow Fixed.
    Request sim pincode even if you don't have one. Fixed
    Screenshots upside down& Mirrored. Fixed
    Pc cant see device: Fixed
    MTP: Fixed
    And some other things under the hood.

Version 0.3 Changelog:
    Fixed boot issue
    Hopefully fixed WiFi issue.

Version 0.4 changelog:
    Fixing sim related issues
    Fixing mtp
    Switching samsung audio and some other things to openfirmware .
    Whatsapp and third party apps voice recording
    Setting android to permissive mode
    Optimizations a bit, more incoming later,
    And some other stuff.
    Reserved for later notes,

Btw for the users who wanna know about this, It is still busy with compiling the Cm11 build so you have to wait till tomorrow :D I don't know or it boots yet but I had found an stupid mistake which I didn't saw before and I had an big update so we will see :cyclops:.
    Also I seperated Cyanogenmod 10 and the 11 thread to hold the topics a bit better so its not all confused with each other.
    Hello Fame users community :) I am proud to present you BUILD 0.6. I now really used @karthick mostwanted device tree as base because that from his is further then mine and it will save you the fame users and me time to get a good working CM11!
    Here is the link to the build 0.6:
    http://q.gs/7yD8y
    The reason why it's now adfly is also because karthick can now also get a bit really only a tiny bit money for the views he gets on that link and I think that you guys the fame users can wait like 4-5 seconds right:cowboy: more worth it then waiting a long time before I fixed my whole device tree. It's based on his device tree so he deserved also some real credit even if it's just a bit.
    The link after you click the SKIP AD button will take you to my usual google drive download link:cool:
    I hope you guys are cool with that since it's now basically in this device tree that Karthick spend the most time in it.

Please someone report back if it works whether or not, maybe usefull to say cause Now I am using a new device tree which I ofcourse modified for the fame, and I made a prebuilt kernel. So let's just pray it will go smoothly, and that I have collected all the patches I needed.
    Well guys I didn't had time to make new builds because of school, but I also see that you guys noted some problems which are still in the 0.8 build and I can assure you that next build MIGHT have working dualsim but it will probably also have working camera, working app2sd else I will remove it. New kernel, and a attempt to fix the charging while phone is off. I will make this build and a new hopefully stable cm12 build within 2 weeks. Just hold on!
    I am also able to fix some of these issues with the suggestions which some rhea devs and also happyhere made. So also thank them that you guys can have a stabler build within a shorter time as I don't like compiling for other phones if I know that some problems may occur. So your opinion and comments from fame people are important so I know on which point we are at from stable or unstable.

Also for the people who are compiling for the fame, probably corsicanu and I only for now. If the 0.9 is faster and smoother as 0.8 then I will reupload the complete kernel sourcecode as its pretty much a mess and outdated.