• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Cyanogen's 4.2.1 Full Update - Unlicensed & Illegitimate (Plus Theme Template)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

no6969el

Jan 22, 2009
as much as im for cyan following the rules... i want to say one thing...

in all my time using cyan, its always updated perfectly, with my only having to MAYBE wipe occasionally before update... but the last dual update... I LOST Root.. had to go all the way back and get it again, then when i finally flashed the second rom, it was running slower than EVER before.. which then made me decide to try out the hero roms, since i figured it couldnt get any slower..

So to sum it all up.. i think this is a GREAT idea and i dont think CYAN should or will get upset from it cause he needs to do what HE needs to do and everyone else can do what THEY need to do..

just make sure that CYAN ALWAYS gets his credit when this is done..

thank you!

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
Good initiative. But if I install this to remove a theme, can I flash the other cyanogen's updates over it as per normal? For example, 4.1.9999.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Uhh.. wow.. All I was trying to do was contribute in some small way to the community effort here. I figured I could clear some of the congestion from the official thread by helping newbies install the ROM. Obviously it is too hard for some people to follow the simple instructions Cyanogen posted, which is why that thread exploded...

But, to each his own..

Last edited by a moderator:

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Good initiative. But if I install this to remove a theme, can I flash the other cyanogen's updates over it as per normal? For example, 4.1.9999.

Yup, this will put your system files at a point where the Cyanogen backuptool.sh will recognize the proper ADP based files, and backup/restore them as expected. All md5sum's match for the required libraries, etc..

no6969el

Jan 22, 2009
Yea flashing IS common sense.. but check it out.. when you do the SIMPLE task of flashing and a group of issues come.. COMMON SENSE says look for a better route!

Last edited by a moderator:

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So instead you post more [email protected] to take up room in a dev section? How about in the q&a...

OR LET THE DEV'S POST THERE OWN WORK!!!

Dude.. seriously... do you post this crap in each of the other [ROM] threads where people are just taking other peoples work and calling it their own? At least I don't take any credit for anyone's work. And I suppose this could have gone into the General Dream section, but I felt it would garner the most attention here, as it is where people go to look for ROM's and ROM updates... Honestly, if you are that disturbed by it, report my thread to the mods and let them decide.

Kazan22

Jun 13, 2008
Seattle
To those of you saying let the Dev's post their own work, why don't you let the Dev's handle the situation. If Cyanogen has a problem he will make it known.

Otherwise, nice work daveid!

SilentTweak

Oct 5, 2009
This is really cool and all for those who haven't flashed their 4.0.4 or 4.1.11.1, but wasn't the whole reason why it wasn't in one update was because Cyanogen got a C&D. If I had to be against this, my reason would be, because this might incite some more C&D towards Cyanogen and maybe more hate mail from Google again. Regardless nice work, but I think you should ask Cyanogen what he thinks first; out of respect of course.

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
your_helpful_hand SHUT THE F*** UP please. You're not helping anyone. Just embarassing yourself. Like dave said someone HAD to do this since cyanogen couldn't. He's just trying to help. So Mr.helpful hand be helpful and stop trolling.

valefore

Jul 16, 2009
"the hood" ^_^
To those of you saying let the Dev's post their own work, why don't you let the Dev's handle the situation. If Cyanogen has a problem he will make it known.

Otherwise, nice work daveid!

yeah, that's so true. f*ck haters... this is gonna be a big help to the community especially those that are having problems with the new 4.1.99999999 update.

supersize

Jan 21, 2009
This is only going to create another **** storm, all the people that are having trouble flashing cyan's rom in the first place are now going to post there questions here to and we only need one thread for that!. If people really need to sit here and ask how to flash 10 ****ing times then they should be messing with there phone in the first place.

Just read the damn instructions!!!

GOVATENT

Feb 4, 2008
Miami
Are you an idiot? Why would you repackage everything into one update after Cyanogen stop doing so. If you can't read simple upgrade instruction on the real Cyanogen rom then why are you using a rooted phone for anyways.

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
Google upset at this? Let them send a C&D to you.

Until then, people can flash this if they don't want to go through the normal CM installation procedure. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Don't feed the troll, guys. ;)

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
This is only going to create another **** storm, all the people that are having trouble flashing cyan's rom in the first place are now going to post there questions here to and we only need one thread for that!. If people really need to sit here and ask how to flash 10 ****ing times then they should be messing with there phone in the first place.

Just read the damn instructions!!!

Really, I don't think we should have needed even the one thread for that. It got so far out of hand, so fast, that Cyanogen didn't want to post his updates to XDA anymore.

So, I thought this might lighten his burden. As I am now the one who is violating Google's T&C's, not him. And, this was the method I used to update from 4.1.11.1 to 4.1.99, one single flash - theme and all. I simply made an update resembling the one I posted here. And the update couldn't have been smoother.

But seriously, I welcome the criticism... however, it is really up to Cyanogen and the MODS of XDA whether this is something that should be removed (or allowed). So, voice your opinions... but, if you really think this should be pulled, report it to the mods, send Cyanogen messages, whatever it takes for them to chime in and say "Enough, take it down".

mikespy

Sep 12, 2009
Alright i'll be the first to post that i tried it....

Cyans build's stopped working on my phone MYTOUCH3g AFTER 4.0.4 STABLE. I DID all his steps correctly and still all i could get was to the my touch screen and then it reboots every time. (Yes phone was fully wipped as well as sd card and repartitioned for 3ext) Also tried another sdcard.

Either way i tried this one and my phone STILL gets stuck on the my touch screen and reboots till i pull battery. So i guess cyan's recent builds just wont work for my phone but Thanks for posting this as it was a bunch easier..

Status
Not open for further replies.