• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom][d2spr][Official][Kitkat - 4.4.4] - Gummy - Nightly's

Search This thread

hedwig34

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.teamoctos.com
GUMMY

As of October 9, 2014 Team Gummy has disbanded. The final M4 release can be found here:
M4 Final Release

IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
* Status Bar Mods
* Hardware Key Mod
* Many Wallpapers
* Performance Control
* Application Permission Controls
* Carrier Label Options
* Lock clock widget
* QuickSettings
* Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
* what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
2. Download Gapps
3. Push to sdcard
4. Reboot Recovery
5. Wipe Data and Cache
6. Install ROM
7. Install Gapps
8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
- Thank you to Google for the best source code.
- Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
Cphelps76, Kejar31, DHacker29

Developers and Device Maintainers:
apascual89, Bkjolly, Buckmarble, BytecodeMe, Hashcode, hedwig34, Papi92, TDM

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - we now recommend PA-Gapps

Gummy ROM

Last edited:

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is in no way official, but for the 12-10-13 Nightly build for D2spr I downloaded the file twice to verify consistency over wired internet from the link provided and I got:

MD5: ddf85e430a485bea040d35da9af6789c

I just posted this for people who are going to download it and can ensure the download is good before flashing it. I was having a problem a few days ago with Android File Host, but I think since I got the same checksum twice this might be the correct one. I hope this helps someone and @hedwig34 feel free to add this to the OP if you can verify the same MD5. I'm going to check my PA-Gapps and flash this bad boy!

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can say definitively that 12-10-13 is running great on my phone. Wifi, 3g, front and rear cameras, and the ROM overall is very smooth. I especially like the smooth transition I'm getting between swiping left for Google Now and back to the home screen. I expected my phone to react slowly, but it didn't. I really don't want to flash 12-11-13 just in case it does have an issue :D Great work on this ROM, you and your team did a really great job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Edit:
Wifi is broken on 12-11

Just flashed 12-11-13 with a clean wipe and I had Wi-Fi during setup. I'll keep testing the 12-11 build, but so far it seems stable.

Last edited:

EverDeathly

Sep 18, 2013
Texas
Running this on my galaxy nexus. Never thought it would be available for this device too. Awesome! Downloading now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Had Screen little screen flickering after i activated Dev Settings; as a press a key on the keyboard it would go black following along with the haptic. not sure if that makes any sense, but i did had screen flickering when typing. nothing major, just some observations. running latest nightly btw

Last edited:

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
I'm on 12/11 and never been smoother the first install had some glitches in screen when swiping but i flashed ktoonzes and its a solid.. It could be a issue with stock kernel

Reactions: ghostzyden

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas
Just flashed 12-11-13 with a clean wipe and I had Wi-Fi during setup. I'll keep testing the 12-11 build, but so far it seems stable.

Weird... I installed 12-10 clean (same wipe as 12-11) and have working wifi. Tried to then dirty up to 12-11 and lost wifi - it stalls out "looking for wifi." Same as on the clean install. Also getting graphical glitches regarding text fields. SwiftKey doesn't F/C, but screen blacks out and reverts home from GNow or Play Store or wherever... Using latest CWM and stock kernel, then trying BMS as a fix. :eek:

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Weird... I installed 12-10 clean (same wipe as 12-11) and have working wifi. Tried to then dirty up to 12-11 and lost wifi - it stalls out "looking for wifi." Same as on the clean install. Also getting graphical glitches regarding text fields. SwiftKey doesn't F/C, but screen blacks out and reverts home from GNow or Play Store or wherever... Using latest CWM and stock kernel, then trying BMS as a fix. :eek:

Apparently this ROM was made for my phone. I also use swiftkey and it's been working well. I did attempt to use leankernel and got some screen flickering so I flashed back to the stock kernel. I'm not sure why I'm having all the luck. I was on Touchwiz prior to this ROM and I erased my internal storage before flashing this. That is the only thing I could think that I might have done differently from you all. I also let the ROM settle longer than 10 minutes (I was watching Family Guy), maybe it gives Wi-Fi a little longer to set up?

Edit: I found the black-screen bug you were talking about. I wasn't noticing it in SMS, but when I went to type in a search under the play store and swiftkey opened it happened 3 times in a row and then stopped altogether. I checked my logs, but nothing suspicious showed. I got some screen flickering when using the browser with swiftkey, but it seems like swiftkey is the culprit because I used the AOSP keyboard and there was no screen flicker. Good catch guys, I hope Swiftkey releases an update for 4.4.1 since I can't find it listed as supported under their changelog.

Last edited:

HoustonKid29

Oct 15, 2012
Houston
No lock screen background pick :(

This is my first nightly download.. So I have a question if I flash the updated nightly, each time I do- Do I have to set my phone all up again ....???

hedwig34

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.teamoctos.com
No lock screen background pick :(

This is my first nightly download.. So I have a question if I flash the updated nightly, each time I do- Do I have to set my phone all up again ....???

If you wipe data before flashing you will have to set up again. Whether you wipe data or not you will still need to flash gapps.

That said. Wiping data is recommended.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wanted to report two bugs I encountered on 4.4.2 from the 12-12-13 Nightly:

- When running AnTuTu benchmark I get a reboot between 14-21% into a full test. Initially I was able to get the test to pass by killing Android Tuner and spamming the screen every few seconds, but now that method fails as well.

- I installed ChompSMS to act as my default messenger app and when I choose it as default the AOSP messenger app notification appears at the top and won't go away unless I select it as default, clear it, and then re-enable Chomp. Nevermind, this one was caused by the random reboot caused by AnTuTu (it didn't save my settings after the hard reboot and I had a pending message).

I did install with a clean wipe (system, data, cache), no custom kernel, and only a few programs restored from backups.

Can anyone else verify these issues?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY

As of October 9, 2014 Team Gummy has disbanded. The final M4 release can be found here:
    M4 Final Release

IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Lock clock widget
    * QuickSettings
    * Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
    * what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    - Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    - Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31, DHacker29

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    apascual89, Bkjolly, Buckmarble, BytecodeMe, Hashcode, hedwig34, Papi92, TDM

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - we now recommend PA-Gapps

Gummy ROM
    The first unified d2 nightly is build you can grab it here:
    http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Gummy/d2/nightly/

There will be no more carrier specific builds. This d2 build will work on d2att, d2cri, d2mtr, d2spi, d2spr, d2tmo, d2usc, and d2vzw.

FYI there is a d2att build in the d2 directory make sure you download the d2 zip.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    seems that this thread has died. along with good nightly uploads. last few have been bad uploads but other phones they build for seem to be okay.

Sorry there have been Some issues with uploads to the file host. We do have a mirror now though. http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Gummy/

I just pushed a fix for the sync toggle. It will work in the next nightly.

Yeah, I've had no luck with BMS either. Breaks my WiFi every time, even if I try installing it as described in the downloads page.

Use decimalmans kernel...no problems whatsoever. (That ive noticed)
    The new dalvik VM tweaks also co exist fine with the kernel

Can anyone point me to a kernel with working WiFi for this ROM? I hear mentions of kernels like Lean etc.. But I cant find them...

Thanks in advances

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bthrone79, does that kernel work with WiFi?

Yes

All of this was either answered for you, or you could have answered them yourself by following XDA rules...

When you have a question:

1. Read the OP thoroughly.
    2. Read the first and last 5 pages of thread.
    3. Search (meaning xda's search and your own internet search)

Being a noob is fine. We all were or are. This is a development thread. As such, it should be used to discuss development, features, issues... This is not at all directed towards any one user. Just a reminder that these items are in the agreement we've all signed with XDA when we registered. Let's keep the devs devving and not linking googlable stuff. Ummkay? :rolleyes: