{ROM} [D6603/53] ULTIMUS v1.2 - 23.1.A.1.28 (Stock Based)

Search This thread

oceanax

May 18, 2012
Bug Found

I found a bug this morning while using this ROM. I guess it shouldn't be the ROM but the LOLLI-POP sound mod itself. I kept turn the sound mod ( Clear phrase and X-Loud ) on and off numeral times. I think some how it bugged the Music Player and Sound control. I'm unable to switch down the music volume. It just stay at max volume even if the volume control bar is sitting at zero. Is it possible to create a zip to remove the LOLLI-pop sound mod? I don't really find it usable to me. Mind uploading the stock music libs/files here for those that doesn't want LOLLI-pop sound mod included?

edited: I'm only able to control the volume when I switch on ClearAudio+ .

edited again: My speculation was correct after searching in the LOLLI-POP sound mod thread. It's a bug from the mod. Once again, I politely request OP to release a version without the sound mod. Thank you.

Last edited:

Charlie Cooper

Jun 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A40
Not working for me...

Hi guys,

I might be doing something stupid but here's what I did:

Installed Pre-Rooted ROM: D6603_23.1.A.1.28-R6C_Customized UK_XZDR 2.8.15 SuperSU2.46-Signed.zip THEN.... Wiped Cache and then the Cache&Devik (or similar spelt) THEN... Boot into my ROM. All works well. THEN... Install ULTIMUS V1.2 via Recovery. THEN... Wiped Cache and then the Cache&Devik thing. THEN... Boot the phone and find these problems...

I get to step 6. But after that I'm stuck as I can't install anything from Google Play which trows the error:
Google Play Store Error:504 can't install app'

Also every time I reboot or turn the phone off and on it boots saying: Android is upgrading apps 1/173... usually this should happen once but for me it's every time!

The rest of the ROM seemed to install correctly as it seems fluid and there's far less apps on my menu... but it's unusable for ME (seems I'm the only one). If anyone can point out what I've missed it would be appreciated!
Charlie

pricey2009

Nov 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hi guys,

I might be doing something stupid but here's what I did:

Installed Pre-Rooted ROM: D6603_23.1.A.1.28-R6C_Customized UK_XZDR 2.8.15 SuperSU2.46-Signed.zip THEN.... Wiped Cache and then the Cache&Devik (or similar spelt) THEN... Boot into my ROM. All works well. THEN... Install ULTIMUS V1.2 via Recovery. THEN... Wiped Cache and then the Cache&Devik thing. THEN... Boot the phone and find these problems...

I get to step 6. But after that I'm stuck as I can't install anything from Google Play which trows the error:
Google Play Store Error:504 can't install app'

Also every time I reboot or turn the phone off and on it boots saying: Android is upgrading apps 1/173... usually this should happen once but for me it's every time!

The rest of the ROM seemed to install correctly as it seems fluid and there's far less apps on my menu... but it's unusable for ME (seems I'm the only one). If anyone can point out what I've missed it would be appreciated!
Charlie

Try doing a factory reset before flashing Ultimus.. Just dont select "clean to install new rom" though as it will not work

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Premium HD app

Crean

Nov 14, 2010
Köln
Hello pricey!

First I want to say: Great Work!!! :)

Can you please prepare a zip file with SemcEmail and Exchange2. I need both...

Thank you very much... :good::good::good:

Can anyone tell me how I can activate the "3G Only" and "2G Only" Settings in "Mobile Network Settings"... ;)

Regards
Crean

Charlie Cooper

Jun 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A40
Try doing a factory reset before flashing Ultimus.. Just dont select "clean to install new rom" though as it will not work

Thanks. OK so this happens....

I pressed the 'Factory Reset' option in the Recovery Rom and avoided the 'Clean to install new rom' option. . THEN installed the ROM. THEN cleaned the Cache. THEN Cleaned the Davik+Cache. THEN booted to the system.

It booted and showed the Android logo on the bottom of the bootscreen rather than the middle (which is a sign that it's different than before).

On boot it runs the new user setup as usual but this time a message appears in the top notification area saying:
Storage Space running out" (clicking it still shows this message in the 'Storage' app alongside 10.94GB of Free Space & 34.19GB Available on the SD card). Also, it seems I still have the Email app installed which sounds like not all of it installed correctly.

A reboot of the phone shows 'ANDROID IS UPGRADING' and speeds though a large set of apps (around 250-300) and the message still appears saying storage space is running out. Clicking on the 'Google Play Store' it says 'Application not found' this time.

I'm thinking hard on what might be different to my phone and everyone else is and that could be that my SD card has always been formatted as exFAT. Other than that, I dunno where I'm going wrong.

Thanks for your help so far mate,

Charlie

Last edited:

pricey2009

Nov 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thanks. OK so this happens....

I pressed the 'Factory Reset' option in the Recovery Rom and avoided the 'Clean to install new rom' option. . THEN installed the ROM. THEN cleaned the Cache. THEN Cleaned the Davik+Cache. THEN booted to the system.

It booted and showed the Android logo on the bottom of the bootscreen rather than the middle (which is a sign that it's different than before).

On boot it runs the new user setup as usual but this time a message appears in the top notification area saying:
Storage Space running out" (clicking it still shows this message in the 'Storage' app alongside 10.94GB of Free Space & 34.19GB Available on the SD card). Also, it seems I still have the Email app installed which sounds like not all of it installed correctly.

A reboot of the phone shows 'ANDROID IS UPGRADING' and speeds though a large set of apps (around 250-300) and the message still appears saying storage space is running out. Clicking on the 'Google Play Store' it says 'Application not found' this time.

I'm thinking hard on what might be different to my phone and everyone else is and that could be that my SD card has always been formatted as exFAT. Other than that, I dunno where I'm going wrong.

Thanks for your help so far mate,

Charlie

Mmm I would suggest flashing stock .28 firmware again clean then reinstalling this immediately after.. Backup all your apps, data etc using titanium backup that way it is cleaner to restore them on the fresh install.

I am working on v2 but its going to take me a while (busy at work and also my kids are off school now)

Charlie Cooper

Jun 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A40
Mmm I would suggest flashing stock .28 firmware again clean then reinstalling this immediately after.. Backup all your apps, data etc using titanium backup that way it is cleaner to restore them on the fresh install.

I am working on v2 but its going to take me a while (busy at work and also my kids are off school now)

Damn it Pricey, when you make something better and give it to the community you make a vow to give up your life including your kids and work life for those who deserve your hard work for free with unlimited support on demand! ;)

No worries! I'll stick with the stock and rely on an uninstaller app for now. I'm on a new (reconditioned replacement C6603/Xpperia Z3 from O2) phone so there's nothing to backup and I tried that - I wiped the OS on one of my many reinstalls (I figured I was doing the order wrong or similar) and restarted the phone by genuine accident, so I was forced to start from scratch and root it again etc where I tried doing what you suggested well as I had the opportunity... but didn't change things.

Anyway's thanks for sharing - it seems like I'm the only one with this problem so maybe it's the exact ROM that I'm using to begin with (D6603_23.1.A.1.28-R6C_Customized UK_XZDR 2.8.15 SuperSU2.46-Signed) so if anyone else has an issue with this 'starting' ROM let us know.

Thanks for the support Pricey - really appreciate you giving your time and support to us!

Charlie

Reactions: pricey2009

exact_7

Jul 17, 2014
Hey!
Great rom! Really fast :D
But the whole sound adjustment (xloud..) doesn't work for me. Well i don't hear any difference if I switch it on.
Btw i'm using poweramp.

Any suggestions?

Edit: It's poweramp. It works great with the integrated music player.
But how can i use it with poweramp?

Last edited:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro

If you need some Help , just ask me via PM... i has planned to make a Z3 ROM like yours (Heavy Debloated with some under the hood tweaks)
Maybe you want to make a Team!? "Team Ultimus" Sounds really great to me ;)

Some reference from me LINK :silly:

Cozmos23

Jan 16, 2014
LG G8
You have to enable Musik FX in the PowerAMP settings otherwise it uses the build in Equalizer.
It has been a while since I used it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ultimus ROM v1.2 - 23.1.A.1.28

For models D6603 or D6653
    (LOCKED or UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS)

DISCLAIMER:
    I will not accept responsibility for any damage caused to your device, ears, eyes or any other occurrence as a result of flashing this ROM.

YOU FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Now that's out of the way..

Requirements BEFORE flashing:

-Recovery Installed
    Find one here by NUT: http://nut.xperia-files.com
    -Already rooted on 23.1.A.1.28 firmware
    -A finger to tap the screen with

ROM Features:

-Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Heavily Debloated
    -Build.prop tweaks for maximum battery savings & performance
    -OGYouTube (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213945)
    -Integrated Lolli-POP Sound MOD (see below)
    - *Optional* Dolby Surround
    -MORE TO COME

Lolli-POP Sound MOD Features:

-In-call clarity & volumes maximised
    -Dual-Loudspeaker during calls
    -Hard coded libs from various android devices
    -Improvements to built in speakers, headphones
    -Bluetooth given extra clarity/volume output
    -Boosted Sony XLoud
    -Enhanced Sony Clearphase
    -HTC Beats Integrated in ClearAudio+

Bugs:
    None at present

Instructions: (FOLLOW STEP-BY-STEP)

1. Ensure you are on lollipop .28 firmware (rooted with recovery installed)
    2. Make a CWM BACKUP
    3. Flash the .zip in recovery
    4. Wipe cache & dalvik/ART cache - DO NOT WIPE USERDATA/FACTORY RESET
    5. Reboot
    6. Turn off "Use NuPlayer (experimental)" in Developer options
    7. Install Xposed Framework + APK from here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811)
    8. Enable OGYouTube Xposed module and reboot
    9. Click the THANKS button ;)
    10. Enjoy!

To install the optional Dolby addon:

1. Flash the Ultimus Dolby Addon zip
    2. Install SELinux Mode Changer
    3. Set SELinux to Permissive
    **Dolby will not function while any of the Sony sound settings (xloud etc) are enabled, so disable the Sony Xloud, Clearphase etc for Dolby to work)**

\/\/ v1.2 - GOOGLE DRIVE LINK BELOW \/\/
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rLI9L0HVtpc2JkQjkwemxDYWc/
    \/\/ v1.2 - MEGA LINK BELOW \/\/
    https://mega.co.nz/#!7M4xDDzI!gcA0CBDQ-70MjlMiZGtw8HabvgTbxVnOVC8EFu1GfMk

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:

Credits:
    Osama Ghareeb for OGYouTube
    Nfsfm for the boot animation
    Rovo89 for Xposed
    CHANGELOG

v1.2:
    -Restored stock boot animation
    -Removed Xposed (Not working for some - install as normal with zip + apk)
    -Added Google Drive link

v2 (Coming soon):
    -Z3+/Z4 boot animation
    -Z3+/Z4 system sounds/ringtones
    -Various ringtones from recently released devices
    -A lot more
    @pricey2009
    no hard feelings buddy, i just say it okay and a full rom is always bigger then 400 mb, it is around 800 mb in that casse :)

Yeah no worries, just thought people would prefer smaller download size as most people (like me anyway) download the files on their mobile internet (3g,4g) these days..

I might offer two versions for v2 (a slim upgrade version + the full package for clean install)
    wow, nice...

469mb? :?

Yup, make sure to follow the instructions!

I will look at fixing the recovery & ndrutils dissappearing tonight