Mirror
Need GAPPS? Download Here!

Rom Source.
Device Source

XDA:DevDB Information
Plain-Andy, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
Snuzzo, REV3NT3CH, Special mention: @RenderBroken, @scar45, @BaNkS
ROM OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop and 4.4.x KitKat (versions prior to 1/2/15)
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Gapps, Unmodified JellyBean Baseband

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 01-02-15
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-25

Created 2014-09-25
Last Updated 2015-01-02

Attachments

• Screenshot_1992-01-01-17-02-29.jpg
    Screenshot_1992-01-01-17-02-29.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 29,594
Last edited:

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
snuzzo.android-edge.com
New feature as of 10/10/14
Plain-Tweak:
Ever wanted to control your kernel from a file on your internal storage? Now you can! There are currently 3 different ways

1.) Manually create a text file on the root of /sdcard named 'plaintweak' with the following values:
gov=(your choice of governor)
maxkhz=(max cpu clockrate for all cores)
minkhz= (min cpu clockrate for all cores)
scheduler=(choice of IO scheduler)
tcpcong=(choice of TCP Congestion control)

2.)Invoking the instruction 'plaintweak' with adb shell or Terminal Emulator.

3.)Separate aroma package for your device(not yet created) or through the rom installer.

When I run 'plaintweak' from aroma package adb shell or Terminal Emulator wouldn't it get overwritten?
No! Not at all. Your old settings are saved at /sdcard/plain-tweak listed by date.

Don't like the values? Want a different configuration? Rather use Performance Control or another app?
Simply rename your current plaintweak file or move an older plaintweak file located in /sdcard/plain-tweak to root of /sdcard.

Custom Density
Currently 3 different ways to set
This can be controlled via the aroma package installer, abd shell/terminal emulator, or through placeholder file
/sdcard/customdensity that contains "customdensity=<value>"
If value is less than 180 it will not set. If value has a difference of 180 from default it will not set. May take 2 reboots to also set properly if using placeholder file only.
With adb shell/terminal emulator:
'buildproptweaks density *180 and up in values of 20 per se
buildproptweaks density 200 then reboot

Custom bootanimation
Must be 1080x1920 and placed at /sdcard/bootani/bootanimation.zip

Bootanimation disabling
There is 3 different ways to disable it.
1. Through aroma installer package
2. With adb shell/terminal emulator:
2a. type in 'bootanimation' it will toggle
2b. type in 'buildproptweaks bootanim [en|dis]able'

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
snuzzo.android-edge.com
Just a little background for this project. With CM dropping legacy support, I started building up a huge kang for the most stability for the HTC Rezound. I found a good mix and stuck with it. FIgure why not bring it over to my new device, so here I am today. As far as my background, got my start in android all the way back to the original droid 1 with slight themeing, jumped up to the HTC Rezound started doing kernel work there alongside minor rom work and now using the LG G2.

Please bring some feedback I WANT TO HEAR IT. This is a heavy mixture and a kang of a ton of different roms. I still have to fix theme manager so bear with me as this is my first ever AOSP rom built. I am now minorly based off AOKP & OmniRom, with some VanirAOSP-esque tweaks written by myself with a few optimizations found that in cumulative. I am big on doing bash scripting and doing command line work.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
snuzzo.android-edge.com
Up and running. This ROM flies! For those of you who don't know, Snuzzo is an android Jedi. We are super lucky to have him deving for us. Welcome and thank you!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you @Mindrocket

Not bad for the initial build without nearly any device maintenance done? Am I right? Quick band-aid for the USB tethering; check off stay awake in dev options.

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
thanks for this! happen to have an md5? first flash attempt failed, but i'm re-downloading now to see if it was just a bad DL.

EDIT: never mind, re-download flashed fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuzzo

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
snuzzo.android-edge.com
thanks for this! happen to have an md5? first flash attempt failed, but i'm re-downloading now to see if it was just a bad DL.

EDIT: never mind, re-download flashed fine!

Read OP. Unmount system prior to flashing a second time if first flash comes back failed. I also always put up an md5sum file alongside the zip. :)
@Xsoldier2000

Should flash the Rez build just for S&G. So happy to see some of the familiar faces, even though you only posted a few times I do remember you.

Last edited:

Xsoldier2000

Feb 24, 2010
Franklin MA
Read OP. Unmount system prior to flashing a second time if first flash comes back failed. I also always put up an md5sum file alongside the zip. :)
@Xsoldier2000

Should flash the Rez build just for S&G. So happy to see some of the familiar faces, even though you only posted a few times I do remember you.
HA! You still have the Rezzy? Even with all yours and Newts contributions...the rezound was a hot mess that i couldn't wait to unload...and yes I was more of a lurker then...have learned a lot since then.
Again, welcome and cant wait to see what you do to this awesome device.

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
is this based on r1 or r2? I prefer roms based on r2, all of which seem more fluent and stable...i have had less or zero SoDs, reboots and freezes with roms based off r2

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
snuzzo.android-edge.com
is this based on r1 or r2? I prefer roms based on r2, all of which seem more fluent and stable...i have had less or zero SoDs, reboots and freezes with roms based off r2

Going to sound like a drug dealer for a moment .. ... ..

Cmon mang, you know you wanna try it.

@Evilmonstertruck
I feel like so lost right now.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fresh from the kitchen comes ....
    Plain-Andy
    for LG G2​

Downloads
    Mirror
    Need GAPPS? Download Here!

Rom Source.
    Device Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    Plain-Andy, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    Snuzzo, REV3NT3CH, Special mention: @RenderBroken, @scar45, @BaNkS
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop and 4.4.x KitKat (versions prior to 1/2/15)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Gapps, Unmodified JellyBean Baseband

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 01-02-15
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-25

Created 2014-09-25
    Last Updated 2015-01-02
    Just a little background for this project. With CM dropping legacy support, I started building up a huge kang for the most stability for the HTC Rezound. I found a good mix and stuck with it. FIgure why not bring it over to my new device, so here I am today. As far as my background, got my start in android all the way back to the original droid 1 with slight themeing, jumped up to the HTC Rezound started doing kernel work there alongside minor rom work and now using the LG G2.

Please bring some feedback I WANT TO HEAR IT. This is a heavy mixture and a kang of a ton of different roms. I still have to fix theme manager so bear with me as this is my first ever AOSP rom built. I am now minorly based off AOKP & OmniRom, with some VanirAOSP-esque tweaks written by myself with a few optimizations found that in cumulative. I am big on doing bash scripting and doing command line work.

Hope you enjoy! :)
    New feature as of 10/10/14
    Plain-Tweak:
    Ever wanted to control your kernel from a file on your internal storage? Now you can! There are currently 3 different ways

1.) Manually create a text file on the root of /sdcard named 'plaintweak' with the following values:
    gov=(your choice of governor)
    maxkhz=(max cpu clockrate for all cores)
    minkhz= (min cpu clockrate for all cores)
    scheduler=(choice of IO scheduler)
    tcpcong=(choice of TCP Congestion control)

2.)Invoking the instruction 'plaintweak' with adb shell or Terminal Emulator.

3.)Separate aroma package for your device(not yet created) or through the rom installer.

When I run 'plaintweak' from aroma package adb shell or Terminal Emulator wouldn't it get overwritten?
    No! Not at all. Your old settings are saved at /sdcard/plain-tweak listed by date.

Don't like the values? Want a different configuration? Rather use Performance Control or another app?
    Simply rename your current plaintweak file or move an older plaintweak file located in /sdcard/plain-tweak to root of /sdcard.

Custom Density
    Currently 3 different ways to set
    This can be controlled via the aroma package installer, abd shell/terminal emulator, or through placeholder file
    /sdcard/customdensity that contains "customdensity=<value>"
    If value is less than 180 it will not set. If value has a difference of 180 from default it will not set. May take 2 reboots to also set properly if using placeholder file only.
    With adb shell/terminal emulator:
    'buildproptweaks density *180 and up in values of 20 per se
    buildproptweaks density 200 then reboot

Custom bootanimation
    Must be 1080x1920 and placed at /sdcard/bootani/bootanimation.zip

Bootanimation disabling
    There is 3 different ways to disable it.
    1. Through aroma installer package
    2. With adb shell/terminal emulator:
    2a. type in 'bootanimation' it will toggle
    2b. type in 'buildproptweaks bootanim [en|dis]able'
    Lolli builds soon. Still working in some things.
    Getting some odd build error. I might start on 5.0 sooner than expected just to start fresh.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone