[ROM][D802][5.0.2][V39A] Thank You Verizon

Search This thread

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
BEWARE: This is only for D802!

In short: extra softkeys, nice messasing (bigger text box and floating circle - contacts app has floating circle too) and music app, no lagg i.e. on YouTube like rest of LP ROMs, and of course wireless storage. Verizon gave the perfect update.
So, this is a D802 ROM fully based on V39A, which is Verizon's stock 5.0.2 firmware.

Instructions:

• Recommed to use latest TWRP by blastagator
  • Do a full wipe
  • Flash ROM zip (DONT reboot phone yet): Mega - ROM
  • Flash signal fix right after flashing the ROM, THEN REBOOT AFTER FLASHING THIS: Mega - Signal fix
  • After first reboot, finish startup wizard, reboot back into recovery and flash fix for proper baseband, correct D802 info and possibly better connectivity: Mega - Fix V2
  • Reboot.

Add-on (optional): LG Backup (seems Verizon does not have this app installed by default) Mega - LG Backup

How to enter TWRP recovery (thanks to @marek_poland):
Power off. Press and hold vol- and power button until LG logo appears. Then release and press and hold vol+ and vol- until reset screen shows up. Press yes twice and you enter TWRP.

I have no mobile data?!
Set APN manually in settings.

I get a weird sim card icon status bar?!
Try flashing the modem from post #16.

My rear led stays on forever when I enable notification led
Either disable notification led or flash Xceed kernel. Note: flashing any other D802 will remove the floating pop up circle in messages, contacts & music app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431774766888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431774766888.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17,407
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431774779011.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431774779011.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 17,389
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431774788721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431774788721.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17,217
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431774805743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431774805743.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 16,343
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431774798171.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431774798171.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 15,842
Last edited:

Mastermind_hassan

Mar 17, 2011
lahore
Pictures speak louder than words. This is what I have on my D802 after flashing VS980 based 5.0.2 stock LP rom. Fully working and YouTube does not lagg like the rest LP I tried.

In short: extra softkeys, nice messasing (bigger text box and floating circle - contacts app has floating circle too) and music app, no lagg, and of course wireless storage. Verizon with the perfect update to 5.0.

Sent from my LG-D802

link please? and how to flashed vs980 rom on D802

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
The Verizon model is supports all bands since it is a worldwide phone. There is a Official Lollipop 39A flashable version and several others (stock extreme, stock minimal, etc) over in the Verizon Dev thread.

I am NOT suggesting you flash it, but giving some info. I think techinically it will work though.

Reactions: Mvalev95

Hans Kruger

Sep 13, 2012
The Verizon model is supports all bands since it is a worldwide phone. There is a Official Lollipop 39A flashable version and several others (stock extreme, stock minimal, etc) over in the Verizon Dev thread.

I am NOT suggesting you flash it, but giving some info. I think techinically it will work though.

is Dori's LP kernel compatible with the verizon roms?

Reactions: jaidev.s

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Vz roms have Vz Kernels, so if we flash it in D802, won't it give Bootloops?

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
Dont just flash stuff, you'll definetly end up in bootloop if not bricking your phone!
Either tonight or tomorrow I can try to upload this D802 ready ROM. But it will be for D802 only.

Update: After I started the upload process I remembered I forgot a few files. Did not want to re-upload so I made a small flashable zip containing those files. You will have to flash the ROM and then another zip right after. Flash both zips right after each other, don't reboot phone in-between flashes. Consider this your warning.

Update2: Everything added to OP. Maybe I will get this thread moved to D802 development section later. But I'm done for now. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Status.jpg
    Status.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Dont just flash stuff, you'll definetly end up in bootloop if not bricking your phone!
Either tonight or tomorrow I can try to upload this D802 ready ROM. But it will be for D802 only.

Update: After I started the upload process I remembered I forgot a few files. Did not want to re-upload so I made a small flashable zip containing those files. You will have to flash the ROM and then another zip right after. Flash both zips right after each other, don't reboot phone in-between flashes. Consider this your warning.

Update2: Everything added to OP. Maybe I will get this thread moved to D802 development section later. But I'm done for now. Enjoy.

Thank you, waiting for the download link :)

iko84

Mar 20, 2013
Can i flash directly v39a kdz on d802??

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Mvalev95

Apr 25, 2013
Varna
I am using LG G2 32 GB D 802 with Cloudy 2.2. Currenly installed this rom + Dorinmax 2.2 .Everything working perfectly.

P.S Found only problem with signal.Not weak signal.Just dropping and come again.

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Mvalev95 try to logcat the problem, perhaps we just need to replace some libraries to fix the issue, I see the awesome wireless storage button :) I wonder why International doesn't have all these stuff.

Hmm I see a signal fix for the rom hope that is for the signal drops but I'll check it out later,
Thankyou for the rom port

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Fixed it. Flashed LPBaseBand d80230e. Here a LP Base Band D80230e
Nice that you have found the solution to the problem. I am going to miss the kitkat dropdown menu again from Og3 but I'll make a backup and test the rom.
And the OP can definitely ask an moderator to move this to the d802 forum as this stock rom is an port from the Verizon V39A to the d802 and also to prevent some "newbies/rookies" who don't read to flash it.
But ofcourse it can only be moved IF the work is from the OP and if there are proper credits in the OP

I just wonder how why are there also L01F mentions in the vs980 v39A Rom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mvalev95

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
Cannot get through start wizard, after language select and pressed Next pop up info "Wait for activation" and stayed here. Any idea what to do?

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
Nice that you have found the solution to the problem. I am going to miss the kitkat dropdown menu again from Og3 but I'll make a backup and test the rom.
And the OP can definitely ask an moderator to move this to the d802 forum as this stock rom is an port from the Verizon V39A to the d802 and also to prevent some "newbies/rookies" who don't read to flash it.
But ofcourse it can only be moved IF the work is from the OP and if there are proper credits in the OP

I just wonder how why are there also L01F mentions in the vs980 v39A Rom?

Nice reminder. Thanks. New fix added in OP (easier to upload a 25MB file than 1.5GB+ file).
This includes:

* As Verizon is in the US, they have US as target for connectivity. Most 30B firmware outside US targets what they name COM. So, this zip changes the target from US to COM.
* Fixed baseband showing unknown in About Phone (modem now being used is from NEU Europe 30B KDZ - you can flash any modem you'd like).
* Changed L01F to D802.

Requests are welcome but don't expect big changes. I have been using this ROM for about a month now and I only share the settings I make for myself.

Reactions: wulsic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BEWARE: This is only for D802!

In short: extra softkeys, nice messasing (bigger text box and floating circle - contacts app has floating circle too) and music app, no lagg i.e. on YouTube like rest of LP ROMs, and of course wireless storage. Verizon gave the perfect update.
    So, this is a D802 ROM fully based on V39A, which is Verizon's stock 5.0.2 firmware.

Instructions:

• Recommed to use latest TWRP by blastagator
    • Do a full wipe
    • Flash ROM zip (DONT reboot phone yet): Mega - ROM
    • Flash signal fix right after flashing the ROM, THEN REBOOT AFTER FLASHING THIS: Mega - Signal fix
    • After first reboot, finish startup wizard, reboot back into recovery and flash fix for proper baseband, correct D802 info and possibly better connectivity: Mega - Fix V2
    • Reboot.

Add-on (optional): LG Backup (seems Verizon does not have this app installed by default) Mega - LG Backup

How to enter TWRP recovery (thanks to @marek_poland):
    Power off. Press and hold vol- and power button until LG logo appears. Then release and press and hold vol+ and vol- until reset screen shows up. Press yes twice and you enter TWRP.

I have no mobile data?!
    Set APN manually in settings.

I get a weird sim card icon status bar?!
    Try flashing the modem from post #16.

My rear led stays on forever when I enable notification led
    Either disable notification led or flash Xceed kernel. Note: flashing any other D802 will remove the floating pop up circle in messages, contacts & music app.
    The reason some of you guys are having issues with startup wizard is because I had some wrong instructions typed in OP. Wait with flashing FixV2 until you have rebooted the phone. Flash the rom, then signal fix, reboot the phone, after first boot then boot back into recovery and flash FixV2.
    Sorry for the mistake. My fault.
    OP updated. Thanks for all the feedback.

I need to re-build the kernel to fix the led bug. It is not a bug that really bothers me but will fix it when I get time.
    @natalya add in OP that guys have to set APN manually.

And dont remove startup wizard thats why you got them bugs.

Sent from my LG-D802