• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][D852] CyanogenMod 12 UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL TEST BUILDS

Search This thread

shaunmcotton

Jan 27, 2014
Installed Latest build with gapps

So I just now got the latest version installed and Im going through the config process now after first boot up. Ill let you know what issues I have.

shaunmcotton

Jan 27, 2014
Bluetooth Stutter constant

So I just now got the latest version installed and Im going through the config process now after first boot up. Ill let you know what issues I have.

So I can confirm that it does seem to work well over all but the bluetooth will stutter pretty much constantly. This is a game changer for me, so I will be going to another rom until this is resolved.

AllBlaxx

May 5, 2011
Forgive me if this has already been raised somewhere else but is anyone else running the latest build (12-20150122-NIGHTLY-d852) having issues with Chrome v40? I updated Chrome the other day and now I find that I'm unable to type in URLs in the address bar (anytime I tap it, it shows the URL information with a button to Copy URL) or open the overflow menu without holding the menu button and dragging my finger to the option I'd like to select. As soon as I lift my finger, the menu disappears.

shaunmcotton

Jan 27, 2014
Like what? Slim pickings right now for the d852. Unless you go back to stock. Most other ROMs are based on cm12

Slim pickings is right!

Sooo... Ya, I just finished getting it back to stock. The audio on the cyanogen mod is all messed up. I use bluetooth daily with my google maps and FLAC music though poweramp. Not only that, but even with the AUX jack plugged in, whenever I switch a track it would crackle. Audio was clear otherwise, but that crackle was annoying as well.

Took awhile to get back to stock, but not too hard to do. I could do it in about 5 minutes now.... so out of all this I've learned that in the future I can mod away with no fear!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

i too i too would like to know if there is a Lollipop Rom for the d852 that doesnt have the bluetooth issue

I haven't seen anything. I just went back to stock for now, but will be keeping an eye on this. Once Rogers etc release their own lollipo update, it should be right around the corner from that.

skiiermike

Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, builds are being built by machines. Any bugs you encounter, there is a 90% chance the serves know about them.
Really? Most other Roms have bug reporting. Plus since every device is different there may be a bug on one device and not on another.

Also if someone reports a bug that no one else is experiencing it may help then diagnose a hardware issue.

Do you mind showing me where cyanogenmod says not to report bugs?

Even if they do this isn't their thread anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

THIS IS UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS WHICH CONTAINS CODE TO BE TESTED BEFORE IT IS MERGED INTO CM.
    IF YOU WANT OFFICIAL BUILDS THEN CHECK BACK IN A FEW DAYS.
    Official will come when the last annoying incall audio bug is squashed

Code:
    #include 
    Your warranty is now void!

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12 opensource builds for the LG G3 (D852). The following will not be supported in this thread:
    • Custom Kernels
    • Mods
    • Modified system files
    • Xposed

Instructions:
    Your device will need to be rooted and have custom recovery before proceeding. Please check your device forum for instructions.

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    • Flash CyanogenMod.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package.
    Already on CM12, try a dirty flash.
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make back up <optional>
    • Wipe cache, system, dalvik-cache
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package.
    • Reboot

Download: CM12 EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS - Check EXPERIMENTAL folder for your device
    AndroidFileHost - HERE
    BasketBuild - HERE
    Goo.im - HERE

Google Apps: Optional add on package that allows Google Play services such as Google Play Store and other Google Apps outside of AOSP based ROMs.
    Check THIS post

Changelog:
    CyanogenMod Change Log HERE
    G3 Specific Change Log HERE
    D850 Specific Change Log HERE
    AndroidUser00110001 Change Log HERE
    invsisblek Change Log HERE

GitHub - Source Code:
    GitHub - CyanogenMod
    GitHub - AndroidUser00110001
    GitHub - invsisblek

Credits:
    Thanks to all sent Paypal!!!
    CyanogenMod
    Thanks to @invisiblek for the work he has done on device trees.
    that's for the 855 and there is also one for the 850. nothing yet for the 852.

The D850 failed, it got caught between a sync with the sources so failed :)

D852 should have official support tomorrow or the day after.
    It shouldn't...thread is telling people to flash cm 12 on the d582....it doesn't work.. what is the problem . Save others the heartache while it is sorted.
    Can You Understand that?

Ever hear of bugs? Ever flash nightly builds before? There have been issues with official CM builds before too, should those links be taken down. You should be aware of the of the risks of flashing custom firmware on your device. If you read through the first two posts you would have seen I do not have a d852 to test with and I was building for the d852 to work out any remaining bugs so the device sources could be pushed to CM.

I apologize to anyone for wasting their time today flashing today's build but if you are doing this stuff them you should make backups and have a good working build ready to flash in case you do run into issues.

Can you understand that?
    Merry Christmas again all...A little present for you guys. One step closer for official CM support. Just waiting on right access to submit the device tree.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_g3/commits/cm-12.0

I still need to get a D852 to be official maintainer for D852.

Once invisiblek or myself push the device tree we can get official CM11 support and once CM starts building CM12 we will have official support.
    Time to start a fund!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Christmas day builds are being built now and will be upload in a couple of hours.