[ROM][D855] CyanogenMod 12 UNOFFICIAL Nightly [Android 5.0 Lollipop]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

btoledob

Mar 1, 2010
Sao Paulo
I don't know if is this the place for the DPI discussion, as it happened on the CM repo, but I don't think that the 560 value matches what Google should do if the Nexus 6 was a 5.5" display. I feel that the icons, specially on the app drawer, are way too close one to another. Maybe 530 is the number to go, as the G3 screen itself is 534 dpi (1440p - 5.5"), but then I feel that the icons are now way too small. I think that I agree with Ethan Chen.

zequav

Aug 14, 2011
What does that mean? That Dan prefers to wait for a d855 owner as a mantainer or that plus-oneing will put you as a mantainer? If it's the latter I'll +1 you...

I don't know if is this the place for the DPI discussion, as it happened on the CM repo, but I don't think that the 560 value matches what Google should do if the Nexus 6 was a 5.5" display. I feel that the icons, specially on the app drawer, are way too close one to another. Maybe 530 is the number to go, as the G3 screen itself is 534 dpi (1440p - 5.5"), but then I feel that the icons are now way too small. I think that I agree with Ethan Chen.
I +1'ed the commit because 640 looks disgusting on this screen. My nexus 4 was able to show MORE content (sided by side) than my G3 at 640dpi. That's ridiculous.

530 is a weird dpi number. Isn't it always multiples of 80? 560 is the closest to the actual dpi.

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
What does that mean? That Dan prefers to wait for a d855 owner as a mantainer or that plus-oneing will put you as a mantainer? If it's the latter I'll +1 you...

I +1'ed the commit because 640 looks disgusting on this screen. My nexus 4 was able to show MORE content (sided by side) than my G3 at 640dpi. That's ridiculous.

530 is a weird dpi number. Isn't it always multiples of 80? 560 is the closest to the actual dpi.

They prefer someone with a device be the maintainer or I was hoping if a few people like yourself built and there were no issues then it would be pushed to official nightly status.

Theteenystar

Sep 17, 2010
Darmstadt
From my side, the Roms get more stable and usefull by every day.

I would apreciate if someone can do the job for CM who owns the d855 :D

For me everything works great but i didn't read more about the black screen after the call? Is that bug so well known that we don't talk about it or is it fixed and i still have the Problem because of dirty flashs?

Thanks for all the hard work of you guys :)

PJF16

Jan 5, 2011
Vienna
From my side, the Roms get more stable and usefull by every day.

I would apreciate if someone can do the job for CM who owns the d855 :D

For me everything works great but i didn't read more about the black screen after the call? Is that bug so well known that we don't talk about it or is it fixed and i still have the Problem because of dirty flashs?

Thanks for all the hard work of you guys :)

If flashed always dirty (my own builds - the same sources as AndroidUser uses) and have no problems with black screens or something like that.

Dougi

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 7, 2008
Aix en Provençe
If flashed always dirty (my own builds - the same sources as AndroidUser uses) and have no problems with black screens or something like that.

when you want to end a call , you have to press power button to wake the device , proximity sensor using calls is NOT fixed yet.. talking about 1,5 to 2 minutes calls and more.

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
some asked about my local_manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/hudson" path="hudson" remote="github" revision="master" />

<!-- Vendor Repo -->
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />

<!-- g3 -->
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_g3-common" path="device/lge/g3-common" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_g3" path="kernel/lge/g3" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d850" path="device/lge/d850" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0"/>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d852" path="device/lge/d852" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0"/>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d855" path="device/lge/d855" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0"/>

<!-- common -->
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" path="hardware/qcom/fm" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />

</manifest>

Reactions: PJF16

Nesrail

Jan 23, 2011
Just a thought. Is there a list of what apps I can remove from the rom? I normally did this with CM11 but I don't what is necessary, in this version, to make the rom run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include
    Your warranty is now void!

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading cause of male impotence.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/

Instructions:
    Your device will need to be rooted and have custom recovery before proceeding. Please check your device forum for instructions.

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    • Flash CyanogenMod.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Already on CM12, try a dirty flash.
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make back up <optional>
    • Wipe cache, system, dalvik-cache
    • Install ROM, GApps and optional Superuser app
    • Reboot

Download: CM12 nightly builds
    Basketbuild - HERE
    AndroidFileHost - HERE
    Goo.im - HERE
    There have been issues with Goo.im lately, if your download is corrupt or install fails then try the Basketbuild mirror.

Google Apps: Optional add on package that allows Google Play services such as Google Play Store and other Google Apps outside of AOSP based ROMs.
    Check THIS post

Changelog:
    CyanogenMod Change Log HERE
    G3 Specific Change Log HERE
    AndroidUser00110001 Change Log HERE
    invsisblek Change Log HERE

GitHub - Source Code:
    GitHub - CyanogenMod
    GitHub - AndroidUser00110001
    GitHub - invsisblek

Credits:
    Thanks to all sent Paypal!!!
    CyanogenMod
    Thanks to @invisiblek for the work he has done on device trees.
    Thanks to @timmytim for all of his work in getting CM11/12 to where it is now.
    Thanks to @Cuzz1369 for all of his work on the d852 device tree.
    Thanks to everyone who I have not mentioned yet...hard to keep track of XDA names and hangout names ;)
    Team Codefire for root.
    TWRP for their awesome recovery.
    Closing thread. Been fun. Angel Bob started official thread.

Thank you and you're welcome everyone!

See you guys on the G Flex 2 side ;)
    Change Log & Other info

Personal Disclaimer:
    I am the CM12 device maintainer for D850 so thought I would make this for the D852 users. It should be on par with the CM12 for AT&T G3.
    I do not have this device in hand so bugs may take longer to resolve.
    Whatever donations I get from this will go towards device so I can have one in hand to build with. If you happen to have a d852/5 for a fair deal then maybe we can work something out...

Bugs:
    For proper technique on reporting bugs:
    Read THIS and THIS.

When reporting a bug be as specific as possible, make sure you can replicate the issue coming from a clean install and that no other apps are causing the issue. Do not have any modifications done to the Android system besides the installation of GApps with out any other tweaks applied or apps installed. Provide a logcat if possible and make sure you are reporting on the latest build. This will make my job of trying to squash bugs a lot easier.
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84095/

Looks like the d855 is officially official too.

Been fun. Enjoy!
    Please do NOT drop it, @AndroidUser00110001, I beg you! :D
    Having an actual device maintainer here offering his time and work is awesome!

Thanks...It's all good :)

Will have today's build up in about an hour.