ROM[d85x,f400,g3ds,ls990,vs985][9.0]**crDroid**[5.7]29-8-19

Search This thread

theistus

Mar 27, 2010
WiFi sleep bug is still present on vs985 11.27.18 build. Phone will not enter deep sleep if WiFi is on.

Solution for now is still to use wifi automatic from the play store, or similar app such as Tasker, to turn off WiFi when the screen shuts off.

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
Really great work firebird11. I can't seem to find any problems to report on the 11/30 d850 build. Hotspot, GPS, adaptive brightness, compass, camera and video all appear to be working perfect. In future builds I'd like to see weather for lock screen and maybe sound vibrate toggle in QS, but again really great build.

Last edited:
Reactions: firebird11

AlwaysLucky

Oct 2, 2014
new builds are up ! wifi tethering fixed

welllll almost fixed for me on LS990; the 5ghz band still isn't working for the AP which is useful for me to tether it to a router. But I know 5ghz wasn't working for the last few Android versions so I'm not holding my breath over it :)

Also I tried a clean flash first, then a dirty flash from the 11/27 build. Both working great!

can someone test if hidden wifi networks can be found?
Not on the LS990. I tried disabling the SSID broadcast for 3 of my wifi networks, both of 2.4ghz and 5ghz, 2 different router brands, one brand running current DD-WRT firmware. As soon as I hide the SSID, the G3 can not see or connect to the networks. I tried removing and manually adding the networks back to the G3, but it still will not connect.

Last edited:

theistus

Mar 27, 2010
new builds are up !

usb connect menu fixed
wifi tethering fixed
clean install recommended
changelog in second post

WiFi wakelock bug still present on vs985. If WiFi is on, phone just doesn't want to go into deep sleep.

As before, solution for now is to use wifi automatic, Tasker, or similar app to turn off WiFi on screen off.

Nov 15, 2018
Can you use another file hosting service? SF is painfully slow and downloads are interrupted frequently.

I just downloaded the new build from SF last night and it took about 2 or 3 minutes to finish. It never lost connection, either. Are you sure it's not just your internet connection?

You should also be able to resume the download using wget or another download manager if your connection is unstable. Also, sourceforge has the MD5 sum listed for each file if you click the little information icon on the right. If you have to keep restarting the download, I would definitely make sure I checked the MD5 sum before I flashed it in case the file was corrupted.

EDIT: Actually, I always check the MD5 sum before I flash anything to my phone. Besides corruption, it also helps to verify that the file you downloaded is the one that the author actually uploaded and not something sketchy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arif.Hameed

ezantera

Jan 23, 2011
Something interesting about camera...
Integrated camera app is standard AOSP low quality BUT...
FreeDCam turn out to be something special. It can record RAW photos. And when not using RAW but HDR I get results something like google night vision. With FreeDCam on stock rom I did not get same results. It did nothing.

Now If you want to test, install, go to settings, change resolution to max, and in right side where say SCENE MODE: select HDR. Other mods are like same old camera. Nothing else for start. Now hold really steady or it will be blurry. Test in dark, low lite conditions, on day I cannot see really difference, but on night it is brighter then xcam from stock.

Somebody installed Opengapps with there camera integrated? I forgot to test if that works and whats like HDR there.

Arif.Hameed

Feb 2, 2018
Quetta
Build 26/11, wifi disconnected by itself. While trying to reconnect it, screen went black. Restarted the phone but stuck at Google loading screen. Wiping system+cache and flashing rom+gapps didn't work. Finally had to wipe data to get it working.

fOxunO

Jan 2, 2011
Build 26/11, wifi disconnected by itself. While trying to reconnect it, screen went black. Restarted the phone but stuck at Google loading screen. Wiping system+cache and flashing rom+gapps didn't work. Finally had to wipe data to get it working.

Last rom 30112018

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Thanks a lot for your hard work. Really cool to have Pie on my good old phone.

I have one problem when I try to build crDroid 5.x for D855. During the build I get an build error that some define is missing:

In file included from hardware/qcom/wlan-caf/qcwcn/wifi_hal/cpp_bindings.cpp:24: In file included from bionic/libc/include/fcntl.h:95:
bionic/libc/include/bits/fortify/fcntl.h:63:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'O_TMPFILE'
*******__clang_error_if(__open_modes_useful(flags), "'open' " __open_too_few_args_error) {

In my local manifest i include the following project all in revision 9.0. I run the build in docker on a image based on ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04
android_device_lge_d855
android_device_lge_g3-common
android_kernel_lge_g3
android_device_qcom_common
android_packages_resources_devicesettings
proprietary_vendor_lge

Is there still an issue to build the source code or is this maybe a problem of my environment?
Thanks a lot for the help. And the work you do. The d855 is still a great device.

Dunno if this will work but take a look at your kernel, namely: include/uapi/asm-generic/fcntl.h. You may need to add something like:

#ifndef __O_TMPFILE
#define __O_TMPFILE 020000000
#endif

/*a horrid kludge trying to make sure that this will fail on old kernels */
#define O_TMPFILE (__O_TMPFILE | O_DIRECTORY)
#define O_TMPFILE_MASK (__O_TMPFILE | O_DIRECTORY | O_CREAT)

hope this helps.
ft

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Dunno if this will work but take a look at your kernel, namely: include/uapi/asm-generic/fcntl.h. You may need to add something like:

#ifndef __O_TMPFILE
#define __O_TMPFILE 020000000
#endif

/*a horrid kludge trying to make sure that this will fail on old kernels */
#define O_TMPFILE (__O_TMPFILE | O_DIRECTORY)
#define O_TMPFILE_MASK (__O_TMPFILE | O_DIRECTORY | O_CREAT)

hope this helps.
ft
You don't need this anymore, the kernel is updated already

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fattire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this is crDroid for LG G3

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

First time installing crDroid to your G3, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system,data and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    - Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid Website

https://github.com/crdroidandroid

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-20
    Last Updated 2018-10-20
    new builds are up !

usb connect menu fixed
    wifi tethering fixed
    clean install recommended
    changelog in second post
    some new builds come up between now and an hour ( check dl folder)
    please test wifi casting if possible, open youtube and try to connect to a tv or so , test as much as possible please
    also i hear a lot of people having all kinds of trouble wit their device, if so , please install latest CleanRom to refresh your vendor files, they might get corrupted from time to time
    most trouble is gone by then
    ok, i found some time to get back to this again so new builds are coming.
    d850 and d855 are uploading already , others drip in when ready, have fun :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone