ROM | D85X F400 G3DS LS990 VS985 | Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.0.0 | 8.1.0 Discontinued

Search This thread

Yescafe

Sep 2, 2016
I tested the latest ls990 rr just now. It didn't cause com.android.phone fc issue. And phone feature and network worked well. Thanx very much.
p.s.:I flashed magisk and LineageXTD kernel after installing the rom (without gapps).
I will try gapps then.

Last edited:

GamingDevilsCC

May 9, 2015
Canada
Camera is ok, but stock camera can't record. haven't ever test other cameras.
Footej camera works for recording. I may have to change some files or line of codes in the stock lineageos camera, and hope that fixes it! :good:

NO SIM

Everything is working. On vs985. The only problems is the sim

I'll see if I can fix that.

Reactions: Florida_Bwoi

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
Well I came to this late as I wasn't willing to switch from cmte to substratum so I ran RR 6.0.1. Recently I switched to RR 7.1.2 & enjoy substratum. So I just flashed latest 8.1.0 on the ls990. On first boot (after going back to TWRP to wipe cache & dalvik cache) so second boot really, I had data. I connected to wifi & started setting up phone. During original flash I followed op instructions & flashed latest Magisk but it didn't stick. Wasn't installed. So after I set up some more I booted back to recovery & flashed Magisk & all was well with that.
But after booting back up I see that I have "No SIM card - No service". I've tried turning data off & on, toggling airplane mode & it just won't kick back on. But I fear I won't be much help as tomorrow in the mail comes my Pixel 2 xl. So.......

And I have to flash back to working rom as I need data tomorrow on ls990 as I have some appointments to go to.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GamingDevilsCC

May 9, 2015
Canada
Well I came to this late as I wasn't willing to switch from cmte to substratum so I ran RR 6.0.1. Recently I switched to RR 7.1.2 & enjoy substratum. So I just flashed latest 8.1.0 on the ls990. On first boot (after going back to TWRP to wipe cache & data) so second boot really, I had data. I connected to wifi & started setting up phone. During original flash I followed op instructions & flashed latest Magisk but it didn't stick. Wasn't installed. So after I set up some more I booted back to recovery & flashed Magisk & all was well with that.
But after booting back up I see that I have "No SIM card - No service". I've tried turning data off & on, toggling airplane mode & it just won't kick back on. But I fear I won't be much help as tomorrow in the mail comes my Pixel 2 xl. So.......

And I have to flash back to working rom as I need data tomorrow on ls990 as I have some appointments to go to.

When going back to recovery on first boot, you wipe cache and dalvik cache, not data. Magisk needs to be flashed before an optional custom kernel and OpenGApps, but only after you flash the ROM. The ROM is currently in testing to figure out the bugs we're having, so are you able to flash 2 times on your free time (you don't have to :good: ), one with magisk, and the other without magisk and see which one data/service stays with!

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
When going back to recovery on first boot, you wipe cache and dalvik cache, not data. Magisk needs to be flashed before an optional custom kernel and OpenGApps, but only after you flash the ROM. The ROM is currently in testing to figure out the bugs we're having, so are you able to flash 2 times on your free time (you don't have to :good: ), one with magisk, and the other without magisk and see which one data/service stays with!
Yeah sorry, I meant dalvik cache. I did not wipe data. Like I said I followed op instructions. I flashed rom, then Magisk, no custom kernel, gapps, then Mr. Bump.

And no, I can't flash, I've got it set up for tomorrow, sorry. I thought about not posting cause I'm a day away from switching phones, but I see not allot of input on ls990 so I just wanted to chime in. I can test stuff after I get pixel set up, but of course then I wouldn't have data,

I edited my above post to say "dalvik cache"

Last edited:

Dallaztz

Jun 26, 2015
So after using this rom for about 2 days on the latest build for d850 model, i noticed a few minor problems/ bugs...

1. Latest magisk seems to be force closing alot leaving me with root access... reboot will fix problem, but it comes back at random times.

2. Kernel auditor force closes too (xtd version)...havnt tried any other version yet

3. Sometimes all sensors stop working and would have to reboot to get them working again.

4. Music apps freezes every time you open it and phone will reboot, which it will then work fine. But after closing for a long time and relaunching, same thing happens. Music apps i use: stock music app, google play music and sony music...happens on all.

Otherwise, roms runs very smooth and fast..with fast charging speed and boot time.

Sorry i couldnt provide logs or screenshot, i cant figure out how to upload here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys.... This is the new thread for D850....
    It's the Official Build... And I'm the new maintainer....
    Have previously worked on some Motorola devices for RR...

Cheers...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/development/rom-resurrection-remix-6-0-0-t3777716
    Code:
    Do not ask for ETA's.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! 
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, 
    and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.0.0 for the D852, D850, F400, G3DS, LS990 & VS985.
    Resurrection Remix ROM is ultimately full featured, stable and combined with the best features of open source roms. We are also providing lot of awesome original Resurrection Remix ROM add-ons in the builds. Includes best of performance, customization, power and the newest features on your device!
    DXf527m.png

Features

Changelog

Installation
    Italicized steps are optional!
    Download latest Resurrection Remix build for your device and your flavor of ARM Open GApps 8.1.
    Download latest official Magisk and/or a custom kernel. - No support if you have bugs while running a custom kernel.
    Reboot to Latest TWRP recovery and make a nandroid backup.
    Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. - Your data will now be gone, so please make sure you have a nandroid backup.
    Flash latest Resurrection Remix build.
    Flash Magisk.
    Flash custom kernel.

Flash ARM Open GApps 8.1.
    Reboot device.
    On the first boot, don't touch the setup screen and reboot back into TWRP.
    Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache and then reboot.
    Resurrection Remix is now flashed onto your device!

Downloads
    Having bugs? Please tell what's happening and upload a log!
    Official D852
    Unofficial D850, F400, G3DS, LS990 & VS985
    Magisk

Open GApps 8.1
    MR_Bump -Downloads section of thread.https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-paranoidandroid-6-0-d855-t3411977

Sources
    Resurrection Remix Github
    LineageOS Github
    Kernel Source
    Moun Kernel Variant Source
    Proprietary Vendor Source
    G3-Common Device Tree Source
    D852 Device Tree Source
    D850 Device Tree Source
    F400 Device Tree Source
    G3DS Device Tree Source
    LS990 Device Tree Source
    VS985 Device Tree Source

Big thanks to:

XDA developers
    CM team
    DU
    Omni team
    Slim rom
    Croatan for helping a complete noobie like me get started, feel free to send him a donation! :good:
    And everyone using this ROM!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.0.0 for the D852, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    GamingDevilsCC, croatan, mountaser halak
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS 15.1

Version Information

Created 2018-02-10
    Last Updated 2018-03-30
    thanks for adding f400 support .
    i flashed the build but it stuck at Resurrection animation not going further.

Sounds good. Can I try just flashing the ROM itself and see if it boots? Now I didn't use Mr.bump. I wouldn't need it, never got a boot certification error.

Looks very promising....it booted fine on LS990. Only it had dreaded no sim issue, com.android.phone fc's and wifi wasn't working. Wasn't able to get logs due to combo of these issues....sorry. Will try to get syslog app and move to my external so I can go back and install and get you logs.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

@GamingDevilsCC could you support G3 Dual-Sim?

Ok, I've used a different device sources, and the bootloop is fixed, and wifi seems to be working fine on d852. Currently camera is not working, and I will be working towards figuring out how to fix that. I will be slowly rolling out the new build for the rest of the devices, including new devices such as D851, and G3DS.
    Update: Will continue development, albeit slower.
    hey dev, latest build for f400 not booting as well..except have to flash @ppajdek kernel.
    but every time on rebooting it refuse to boot again and after flashing the kernel then it boots again.

Next f400 build will be based on Moun Kernel.