[ROM][D85x-vs985-ls990-G3DS][7.1.2_r29]Pixel-G3-AOSP[11/8/17]

Search This thread

Remotiv

Nov 16, 2014
My display turns on, if I get a notification although I switched of Settings > Display > ambient display.
Am I the only one? (did not found any posts of it in this thread)

ianthemojo

Nov 16, 2015
Alcochete
What about the battery icon? It can't be themed properly with Substratum.

Like for eg. using the Android O theme with a white quick settings background, the battery icon remains white.

EmilChurle23

Nov 12, 2016
When i watch youtube videos my device heats too much and 10min ago i had to restart it because it was not responding. Is there a solution i can try or is it normal?
D855, clean install, been using this rom for over a week now. Everything else is super smooth and fast, best camera on nougat and battery life is amazing for me.

greenspin13

May 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
My notification led is always on and i cant find any way to disable it, I would like to disable it all together. other than that this rom is perfect, many thanks

Last edited:

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
When i watch youtube videos my device heats too much and 10min ago i had to restart it because it was not responding. Is there a solution i can try or is it normal?
D855, clean install, been using this rom for over a week now. Everything else is super smooth and fast, best camera on nougat and battery life is amazing for me.
Haven't had this issue but download kernel auditor and lower the thermal temperature to cool down device.

My notification led is always on and i cant find any way to disable it, I would like to disable it all together. other than that this rom is perfect, many thanks

There are plenty of apps to control LED in the play store, check them out, perhaps one of them may help

Reactions: EmilChurle23

hastalafiesta

Nov 30, 2012
Italy
Hi guys and hi @sooti nice job with this rom!
I'm on rooted+twrp marshmallow stock rom and I'd like to switch to this rom, the guide in the op isn't so clear and I didn't find so much in comments..
I'd like to use supersu but no version is specified and I also read about 21C modem but the op doesn't mention that.
what i have to do to flash this rom correctly with all the needed steps? I don't want to brick my phone..you know lol

joselap

Oct 20, 2014
Hi guys and hi @sooti nice job with this rom!
I'm on rooted+twrp marshmallow stock rom and I'd like to switch to this rom, the guide in the op isn't so clear and I didn't find so much in comments..
I'd like to use supersu but no version is specified and I also read about 21C modem but the op doesn't mention that.
what i have to do to flash this rom correctly with all the needed steps? I don't want to brick my phone..you know lol

You can use supersu SuperSU v2.79 SR3
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu

Modem 21C (- 21C (13.2-00002) - download - mirror - official (latest, recommended on 5.x.x) here:
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/radio-modem-lg-g3-t3110376

The order of flashing should be this:
1º: modem 21C
2º: rom
3º: gapps
Restart system and configure

if you want root, after flash gapps (without restart):
4º: magisk or supersu for root
5º: mr_bump (needed if you use magisk or supersu)
After flashing mr_bump the phone automatically restarts once or twice (it's normal)
now configure

Reactions: hastalafiesta

hastalafiesta

Nov 30, 2012
Italy
You can use supersu SuperSU v2.79 SR3
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu

Modem 21C (- 21C (13.2-00002) - download - mirror - official (latest, recommended on 5.x.x) here:
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/radio-modem-lg-g3-t3110376

The order of flashing should be this:
1º: modem 21C
2º: rom
3º: gapps
Restart system and configure

if you want root, after flash gapps (without restart):
4º: magisk or supersu for root
5º: mr_bump (needed if you use magisk or supersu)
After flashing mr_bump the phone automatically restarts once or twice (it's normal)
now configure

Great, of course wipe data and cache before step 1?

motoralbi

Apr 21, 2014
Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
@sooti wifi and USB tethering are not working neither on April build nor on May one.
I mean, the option can be enabled and the wireless network is created, but the devices using it can't gain access to the net.

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
@sooti wifi and USB tethering are not working neither on April build nor on May one.
I mean, the option can be enabled and the wireless network is created, but the devices using it can't gain access to the net.

Seems like a problem on your carrier/PC side, just tested it and its working fine...

motoralbi

Apr 21, 2014
Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
Seems like a problem on your carrier/PC side, just tested it and its working fine...
Works with other roms(lineage etc.)
For example with my galaxy j5 I could connect to the hotspot and Telegram was working with that. But if I tried to use browser or other apps, they wouldn't work.
On a galaxy trend with KitKat I have a freeze as soon as the phone exchanges data through that hotspot while it was fine when I used other ROMs on G3 and with SIM.

The PC itself connected on Linux mint using wired USB tethering but couldn't receive packages from the net.
( windows doesn't even recognise it lol)

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Works with other roms(lineage etc.)
For example with my galaxy j5 I could connect to the hotspot and Telegram was working with that. But if I tried to use browser or other apps, they wouldn't work.
On a galaxy trend with KitKat I have a freeze as soon as the phone exchanges data through that hotspot while it was fine when I used other ROMs on G3 and with SIM.

The PC itself connected on Linux mint using wired USB tethering but couldn't receive packages from the net.
( windows doesn't even recognise it lol)

Nothing can be done on my side... Works fine on windows 10... Sounds like a driver issue in your linux

Erpinoob

Oct 15, 2013
Brescia

I have the same problem, no access to the internet

Reactions: motoralbi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

OK, its pretty simple so I'm not gonna fill up the page with useless junk, its AOSP for LG G3 D855 (D855 only for now) with settings untouched (will stay this way) and base code only modified with some optimizations(caf)/device support/substratum commits.
    The Aim is to keep it as close to AOSP as possible, if you want any features added go to the plenty of other ROMs available, this is for folks like me who want a clean rom as close to pure google pixel as possible.

Features added:
    * Night mode
    * Substratum support (rootless)
    * Pixel theme (UI colors/Sounds/bootlogo)
    * Gestures (added via device settings, google's settings repo untouched)
    * Double tap to wake/sleep (on taskbar/bottom lockscreen).
    * kernel changes (see bellow)
    * Battery usage alerts from pixel aosp-7.1.2
    * WakeBlock Mod support:
    Its a great feature that allows you to block wakelocks sucking our precious battery without the need for root or exposed, I added the commit that enables it, link to xda thread with app link and description bellow, thanks to @CappyT @pioccd @TotemFallico @SimoIanni @GioBozza for developing this great feature.
    Link: WakeBlock Thread
    These are the only features that have changed and this will stay this way for stability and easy merging of future updates.

Instructions:
    1. Flash Rom
    2. Flash OpenGapps
    3. flash supersu or magisk (I love magisk, open source and systemless!)
    4. flash 'mrbump' (we are not bumped by default, you need this. NO NEED IF YOU HAVE D851!)

Optional:
    * AOSP LG remote (works great)
    * LG Keyboard (also works great if you want it)

Special thanks:
    @mistercheese for his great work, some of his commits have helped me a lot in the past and some with this project as well
    @invisiblek for his great work on bringing up the G3 to the latest android along with the rest of LineageOS team
    @JDCTeam for their great work on AOSP for samsung jf, their commits helped a lot
    @AOSP-Extended team for their great work on AOSP
    and everyone else who put in work for the G3 or aosp (let me know if I missed someone, I'll gladly add you!)

Downloads:
    Old AOSP 7.1.1: Download
    Latest ROM: Download
    Gapps: http://opengapps.org/
    Root: Magisk
    MrBump: Download

Optional:
    LG Remote: https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/port-lg-quickremote-aosp-mm-t3301931
    LG Keyboard: https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/port-lg-g3-keyboard-aosp-mm-roms-t3303277

Bugs:
    * Selinux permissive for now, may address the denials and enforce it in the future

Github:
    https://github.com/G3-aosp-N

Please read FAQ Bellow before posting questions, thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][D85x-vs985-ls990-G3DS][7.1.2_r29]Pixel-G3-AOSP[11/8/17], ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    sooti, mistercheese, -+BB+-, invisiblek
    Source Code: https://github.com/G3-aosp-N

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-11

Created 2017-03-11
    Last Updated 2017-08-11
    Changelog:
    11/8/17:
    * Latest Google security update
    * Kernel updates
    * Changed default governor tweaks for a maxiumum balance between performance and battery life, added autosmp as new default hotplug for better battery life

9/7/17:
    * Latest Google security update
    * Kernel merge from los

13/6/17:
    * Fixed quickcircle wakehold (was draining some battery)

7/6/17:
    * Latest security update from google
    * Small fixes

26/5/17:
    * Fixed doze, should improve battery life standby time
    * Some small bug fixes and changes in base

5/5/17:
    * After weeks of testing the old kernel with no SOD while charging I brought it back, it has much more features, better battery life and is very stable
    * Fixed offscreen charging when device is turned off
    * Some other small fixes in base tree
    * Latest security update (5/5)

22/4/17:
    * Added underclocked to 267mhz
    * Overclocked GPU for better gaming performance
    * Added thermal stuff to kernel
    * Added force fast USB charging to kernel
    * Some fixes to base rom
    * Redesigned pixel navbar including animations, should be 1:1 to stock pixel rom

16/4/17:
    * Fixed BT on d851
    * Fixed ART not creating correct dex files
    * Added support for G3DS and LS990
    * Some other minor bug fixes and repo changes

8/4/17:
    * Beta version of 7.1.2, follow new instructions since setup wizard is broken for now
    * Added battery usage alerts from the pixel (thanks to the du team for this!)
    * Some other tweaks to g3 tree, nothing crazy

4/4/17:
    * Added 'WakeBlock Mod' support, link in the first post
    * Latest security update from Google
    * Fixed ram crash on 16Gb devices and maybe 32Gb as well, please report if you have more crashes
    * Some other small bug fixes

17/3/17:
    * Fixed recovery flashing during boot (thanks to @mistercheese)
    * added pixel navbar (no animation yet)
    * Latest kernel commits from los

13/3/17:
    * Fixed FC in dialer

11/3/17:
    * Initial commit
    * added rootless substratum
    New builds are up, changes bellow:
    * Added underclocking to 267mhz
    * Overclocked GPU for better gaming performance
    * Added thermal stuff to kernel
    * Added force fast USB charging to kernel
    * Some fixes to base rom
    * Redesigned pixel navbar including animations, should be 1:1 to stock pixel rom
    FAQ:

* Can you add X or Y feature?
    probably not, this rom will remain as is other then google updates and device related commits and bug fixes

* Can you build for non D855 devices?
    Perhaps in the near future, for now its only D855

* I have this bug, can you fix it?
    Only if you have a logcat, even then if its not system related, and app related such as substratum the answer is no.

* is this CAF based?
    Some of the commits yes, but not pure like some others, its a good balance of both AOSP and CAF

* How often will you update?
    Unless there are major device related changes, once a month, no point in releasing a pointless mid-month release, google updates once a month, so will I
    New build on the way, changes bellow:
    * Added wakeblock support, lookup the app, thanks to the dev team for the source code
    * Latest security update from Google
    * fixed ram crash on 16Gb devices and maybe 32Gb as well, please report
    * some other small bug fixes

EDIT: Build is uploading now, should be up within 30 minutes.
    on a side note, working on merging 7.1.2, no ETA