• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DAISY][UNOFFICIAL][OTA][11.0] Potato Open Sauce Project v4.2.2+18

Search This thread

LinkBoi

Sep 13, 2018
Sony Xperia E1
Samsung Galaxy J5
New update for POSP for the August security patch // POSP 4.2.2+18 // MI A2 Lite

Changelog:
- Fixed an issue with the CPU being stuck at 2208MHz
- Switched to OSS Camera HAL for snappier camera operation (Credits to @ANorton and @GiovanniRN5)
- Updated display, media blobs to LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx
- Switched back to CAF WFD blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx
- Switch source media, audio and display HALs to R
- Updated build fingerprint to Coral (Pixel 4a) August
- Fixed an issue with DT2W on fts_ts touchscreen panels (DT2W couldn't be turned off)
- Fixed data usage tracking and the network speed monitor
- Fixed some audio codec issues
- Added Updater app for unofficial OTA updates (FlameGapps Basic is now recommended since it is the only one which can survive OTA updates correctly)
- Some thermal performance improvements by switching the thermal blobs to onclite (Redmi 7) and updating the thermal config - Added the Camera HAL switch (Selecting HAL3 will enable Camera2API while HAL1 will disable it)
- Some kernel side changes (Upstreamed to 4.9.278 and disabled Overlay FS to fix /system being read-only)
- Some AOSP Recovery fixes (It might still not be 100% usable but some issues in it were addressed)
- Source cleanup
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user experience

Known Bugs:
- Flashlight is dead in some apps when Camera2API (HAL3) is enabled. This issue can be worked around by setting the Camera HAL version to HAL1 to use affected apps and back to HAL3 for GCams

Download (GitHub Releases): https://github.com/LinkBoi00-Development/otaupdater/releases/tag/2
Download (Google Drive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1roFoxMAx--s6tXrhJgiCoi7KCUx427up/view?usp=sharing

Notes:
- This is an enforcing user build with File-Based Encryption enabled
- This build supports Project Treble and VNDK30 is bundled along with it
- SafetyNet CTS can pass even without MagiskHide
- The MD5 hash of the build is 89932178a26203dbb5ef5c7cd0c9199c

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat750

LinkBoi

Sep 13, 2018
Sony Xperia E1
Samsung Galaxy J5
I had noticed this issue as well, especially in google meet/duo, but the weird thing about it is that only some apps (from Google apparently) are affected since Zoom, Instagram, Telegram microphone are all fine. The reason as to why that is, remains unknown to me. You may try the build though, you never know xD

LinkBoi

Sep 13, 2018
Sony Xperia E1
Samsung Galaxy J5
New update for POSP // September Release // POSP 4.2.3+20 // MI A2 Lite

Download:

Google Drive
GitHub Releases

Changelog:
- This build's changelog can be found here

Known Bugs:
- Flashlight is dead in some apps when Camera2API (HAL3) is enabled. This issue can be worked around by setting the Camera HAL version to HAL1 (which disables Camera2API) to use affected apps and back to HAL3 (which enables Camera2API) for GCams
(Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Camera HAL Switch, or through the QS panel)

Notes:
- The MD5 hash of the build is 5bb17bbb54c662b56fc6905b2a76f431

Reactions: jkrhu and Pat750

jkrhu

Apr 11, 2016
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I've been using the ROM for the past few days and it works very nicely. Haven't encountered any issues so far. Well, maybe with the Lawnchair 11 alpha. I think the app notification icons can bug out sometimes, leaving a corrupted graphical glitch. Otherwise I'm happy with it, thank you for your time LinkBoi!

Is F2FS support for data partition something I can look forward to?

Reactions: loserion

LinkBoi

Sep 13, 2018
Sony Xperia E1
Samsung Galaxy J5
I've been using the ROM for the past few days and it works very nicely. Haven't encountered any issues so far. Well, maybe with the Lawnchair 11 alpha. I think the app notification icons can bug out sometimes, leaving a corrupted graphical glitch. Otherwise I'm happy with it, thank you for your time LinkBoi!

I don't think I'll ever support F2FS for /data, since stock is ext4

Reactions: jkrhu

monojp

Dec 30, 2011
Vienna
Yeah, I am. I tested Discord and Zoom personally.
I did a quick test today. Mic was definitely not turning down anymore! But there were echo cancellation problems, the other person had apparently extreme feedback that was only fixable by me using a headset. This device...
But I appreciate that you and others are still keeping things running, thx!

MjklSimpson

Oct 11, 2014
just finished setting up my phone after installing the rom and it feels pretty good coming from stock. first successful custom rom that i've installed on my daisy and i bought it at the end of 2018 lol...

so, i experienced youtube playback lag (video went down to like 5 fps and i couldn't do anything about it) so i restarted my phone and no problems so far.

LinkBoi

Sep 13, 2018
Sony Xperia E1
Samsung Galaxy J5
I did a quick test today. Mic was definitely not turning down anymore! But there were echo cancellation problems, the other person had apparently extreme feedback that was only fixable by me using a headset. This device...
But I appreciate that you and others are still keeping things running, thx!
Not for me. @ItsVixano and I both tested Zoom, and it was good to go

monojp

Dec 30, 2011
Vienna

MjklSimpson

Oct 11, 2014
How is this related to the ROM? Use the recommended gcam from https://t.me/gcamposp
oh sorry i don't know why i said "google camera", i must have been drunk or something lol i was trying to talk about the native camera app that came with the rom, i even tried to install the actual google camera app from play store but it didn't work...

also i just now tested the gcam from this link and i'm grateful that it has a mirroring option but why does the image get so much post processing? i feel like it's trying to enhance the sharpness but it ends up distorting all colors and getting the brightness too high even with good lighting... i'm using the 4.0 lts .xml now because 5.0 and 6.1 are really weird, but still on 4.0 it has a lot of post processing... my green wall literally turns blue after the picture is taken lol inside the camera app everything looks good but after that... it's reeeeeally weird... is there any thing i can change maybe inside the dev options to disable this?

edit: hdr, awb, face enhance are all disabled because it worsens the situation if enabled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's great, I followed the commits from different maintainers and saw that. Are you sure it's fixed, I guess I have to try, right? :p
    The lineage rom seems to be still affected unfortunately

I don't think I'll ever support F2FS for /data, since stock is ext4
    main.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now that I'm done saving my butt, let's proceed :D

about.png

Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware.
    We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own sauce to it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things
    the community is accustomed to.

Team Potato
    @Agent_fabulous
    @ZerNico
    @raj_jdja
    @ShreyanshLodha
    @ATechnoHazard
    @HrX

Design:
    @McAwesomePL
    Valvze
    Joshua Baldassarre

Got an issue or suggestion?
    Join the Telegram support group for daisy which can be found here

features.png

- Custom RGB/HSL/HSV accent picker for dark/light themes
    - Custom volume panels
    - Three mode Notch Handler (Notch-City)
    - Icon shapes and icon pack support
    - Lockscreen media art and media art blur level
    - Permission hub
    - Signature spoofing
    - QS panel tweaks
    - Various custom QS tiles
    - Custom clocks
    - Brightness slider tweaks
    - Doubletap/longpress power to toggle Flashlight
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Per app network isolation option
    - Google feed integration in launcher
    - Other miscellaneous tweaks

sources.png

POSP: PotatoProject
    POSP Code Review: Gerrit Code Review
    Device Tree: Tree
    Vendor Tree: Vendor
    Kernel source: Kernel

install.png

Clean Install
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Flash Stock 11.04.0 (If you haven't done so already)
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Format data
    - Install ROM
    - Install TWRP Installer (.zip file)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Install Gapps (optional)
    - Install Magisk (optional)
    - Format data
    - Reboot to system

Updates
    Dirty flash:

- Reboot to TWRP
    - Install ROM
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Reboot!
    (Gapps, Magisk and TWRP will be preserved automatically)

OTA Update through the Updater app:
    - Go to Settings > System > Updater
    - Click "Check of updates" if the update has not shown up
    - Tap "Download"
    - Select "Install"
    - Once the process is done, click "Reboot" and you should be good to go

download.png

ROM: (Link 1) GitHub Releases (Link 2) Google Drive
    TWRP: Link (Click the assets button from the latest release and download the two first files)

Credits
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - LineageOS
    - ArrowOS
    - OmniROM
    - AOSiP
    - And everyone else who helped out!
    New update for POSP // September Release // POSP 4.2.3+20 // MI A2 Lite

Download:

Google Drive
    GitHub Releases

Changelog:
    - This build's changelog can be found here

Known Bugs:
    - Flashlight is dead in some apps when Camera2API (HAL3) is enabled. This issue can be worked around by setting the Camera HAL version to HAL1 (which disables Camera2API) to use affected apps and back to HAL3 (which enables Camera2API) for GCams
    (Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Camera HAL Switch, or through the QS panel)

Notes:
    - The MD5 hash of the build is 5bb17bbb54c662b56fc6905b2a76f431
    New update for POSP for the July security patch

Changelog:
    - Rebased to Sakura's PE device tree
    - Fixed the remaining fingerprint issues
    - Upgraded Bluetooth stack to Sunfish
    - Fixed aptX bluetooth codecs
    - Fixed some delay when rendering video thumbnails
    - Downgraded some blobs and HALs to Q
    - Permanently disabled CDS (with a blob patch) to fix green camera artifacts in some low-light scenarios
    - Fixed some call recording issues (at least for me)
    - Fixed some audio issues in Treble
    - More misc changes

Bugs:
    - Flashlight is dead in some apps when Camera2API is enabled (Same as last build)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4QIZBzF-mqwuZNWH0ap_UWv69Qv5UYd/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the support and sorry for the delay
    New update for POSP for the August security patch // POSP 4.2.2+18 // MI A2 Lite

Changelog:
    - Fixed an issue with the CPU being stuck at 2208MHz
    - Switched to OSS Camera HAL for snappier camera operation (Credits to @ANorton and @GiovanniRN5)
    - Updated display, media blobs to LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx
    - Switched back to CAF WFD blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx
    - Switch source media, audio and display HALs to R
    - Updated build fingerprint to Coral (Pixel 4a) August
    - Fixed an issue with DT2W on fts_ts touchscreen panels (DT2W couldn't be turned off)
    - Fixed data usage tracking and the network speed monitor
    - Fixed some audio codec issues
    - Added Updater app for unofficial OTA updates (FlameGapps Basic is now recommended since it is the only one which can survive OTA updates correctly)
    - Some thermal performance improvements by switching the thermal blobs to onclite (Redmi 7) and updating the thermal config - Added the Camera HAL switch (Selecting HAL3 will enable Camera2API while HAL1 will disable it)
    - Some kernel side changes (Upstreamed to 4.9.278 and disabled Overlay FS to fix /system being read-only)
    - Some AOSP Recovery fixes (It might still not be 100% usable but some issues in it were addressed)
    - Source cleanup
    - General system stability improvements to enhance the user experience

Known Bugs:
    - Flashlight is dead in some apps when Camera2API (HAL3) is enabled. This issue can be worked around by setting the Camera HAL version to HAL1 to use affected apps and back to HAL3 for GCams

Download (GitHub Releases): https://github.com/LinkBoi00-Development/otaupdater/releases/tag/2
    Download (Google Drive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1roFoxMAx--s6tXrhJgiCoi7KCUx427up/view?usp=sharing

Notes:
    - SafetyNet CTS can pass even without MagiskHide
    - The MD5 hash of the build is 89932178a26203dbb5ef5c7cd0c9199c
    That's great, I followed the commits from different maintainers and saw that. Are you sure it's fixed, I guess I have to try, right? :p
    The lineage rom seems to be still affected unfortunately