[ROM] DamageControl v3.2.x | Check post #2 for updates this week!

Search This thread

jonesdana

Jan 18, 2010
Michigan
in adb shell if you type
mount

it shoudl show you /system permissions, is it rw or ro?
everything is rw, except for rootfs... it is ro

/system/yaffs2 is ro as well

mount
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /system yaffs2 ro 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
tmpfs /app-cache tmpfs rw,size=8192k 0 0
/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=
1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,s
hortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
everything is rw, except for rootfs... it is ro

freekin wierd i have no explanation for that. if you try to

adb shell
echo hi >/system/app/dcbanned/test.test

does it let you write?

*EDIT* the paste shows:

that means system is ro. adb remount didnt mount rw?

can you try

adb shell
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Last edited:

namlas

Apr 16, 2009
Just tried the 3.1 release and the phone went into an infinite loop.

This seems to be the culprit (from adb logcat):

Code:
E/ActivityThread(  643): Failed to find provider info for settings
W/dalvikvm(  643): threadid=33: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b390)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): Uncaught handler: thread PowerManagerService exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS.  System will crash.
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at android.content.ContentQueryMap.<init>(ContentQueryMap.java:65)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at com.android.server.PowerManagerService.initInThread(PowerManagerService.java:528)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at com.android.server.PowerManagerService$1.onLooperPrepared(PowerManagerService.java:460)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:59)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

Phone is rooted using toast's method and NAND is unlocked. I did a full wipe before applying the rom.

Last edited:

jonesdana

Jan 18, 2010
Michigan

adb shell

does it let you write?
# echo hi >/system/app/dcbanned/test.test
cannot create /system/app/dcbanned/test.test: read-only file system

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Just tried the 3.1 release and the phone went into an infinite loop.

This seems to be the culprint (from adb logcat):

Code:
E/ActivityThread(  643): Failed to find provider info for settings
W/dalvikvm(  643): threadid=33: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b390)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): Uncaught handler: thread PowerManagerService exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS.  System will crash.
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at android.content.ContentQueryMap.<init>(ContentQueryMap.java:65)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at com.android.server.PowerManagerService.initInThread(PowerManagerService.java:528)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at com.android.server.PowerManagerService$1.onLooperPrepared(PowerManagerService.java:460)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:59)
E/AndroidRuntime(  643): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

I've tried 3.1 3 times and get boot loop each time.

jonesdana

Jan 18, 2010
Michigan

adb shell

does it let you write?

*EDIT* the paste shows:

that means system is ro. adb remount didnt mount rw?

can you try

adb shell
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
That did it!!!! I remember that string... but its was WAY BACK in HERO land early days when I needed to do that each time i went in to shell... Do you think it will be persistant now, or will i have to do this after each reboot?

Thanks Trev!

myndwire

Aug 5, 2008
Pittsburgh
MAJOR issues.. wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed over from 3 to 3.11. stuff didn't work (calls, etc) so i nandroid restored my last backup from earlier... not only did it go into a stock looking rom, but everything started to FC and i couldn't do anything except force the phone off... should i NOT have wiped something (cache?) before restoring?? what happened? what can i do?

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
That did it!!!! I remember that string... but its was WAY BACK in HERO land early days when I needed to do that each time i went in to shell... Do you think it will be persistant now, or will i have to do this after each reboot?

Thanks Trev!

dunno adb remount really should have done it. reboot and see i guess. If it doesnt work we might need to make a fstab or something, im flashing phone fix now and will test it after.

DCUpdater might be FC'ing due to the same permission problem i was having tryign to write files to the server. when damage gets back well look into it

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
dunno adb remount really should have done it. reboot and see i guess. If it doesnt work we might need to make a fstab or something, im flashing phone fix now and will test it after.

DCUpdater might be FC'ing due to the same permission problem i was having tryign to write files to the server. when damage gets back well look into it

So we might not see a stable 3.1 until further notice. :) Unless Damage has a secret plan with 4.5 available tomorrow. :O ZOINKS!

myndwire

Aug 5, 2008
Pittsburgh
MAJOR issues.. wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed over from 3 to 3.11. stuff didn't work (calls, etc) so i nandroid restored my last backup from earlier... not only did it go into a stock looking rom, but everything started to FC and i couldn't do anything except force the phone off... should i NOT have wiped something (cache?) before restoring?? what happened? what can i do?

nm... my nandroid backup went corrupt on me.. luckily i had one from earlier today, but i just lost a day's worth of stuff. oh well.. i can find the apps i grabbed earlier. in the meantime, should i only be wiping dalvik and data, not cache? i'm thinking i shouldn't wipe that, because it seems to cause issues if i do.

bc8240

Feb 9, 2010
so far:

- cant make any calls
- voicemail delay setup message (must have some sort of communication over 3g issue?)
- can't setup more than 1 gmail account (wipes the first out, replaces, then the 2nd one just permanently stays... weird).

thats enough for me to roll back to my nandroid 3.0... any ideas guys? :-\

+1 Same here

gabemeyers

Mar 10, 2008
uhg.... another bad build? whats breaking the phone, not that i actually make calls on it or anything, i have a tp2 to make stupid phone calls with, lol

im stoping my seeds on this 1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7032384&postcount=182

For those of you stick scanning are you sure you removed that tree file? Even people on official ota have this problem and that us always fix
    I followed whitslacks thread completely and 4G worked, I set that rom up like I liked it. 4g working, nandroided, Then flashed 3.2.2.1 right on top no wipe

and 4G works after removing tree.xml 2 days and counting no problems.

Every other method I tried post#2 included did not work for me. Also I was never affected by the bad mac.

I tried searching this thread for that username and came up empty.

Would you please post the post number to make it easier to find than reading through $%0-ish pages of posts.

Thanks!
    Got rid of my license key so that I can see how it tries to install the app. The app installer says that it is not able to read the package. I think I may have had a different version of BusyBox when I was using 3.2.3 and the tar program may be different.

This is strange indeed.

tar is tar. It will open it if it can. Did you verify your backup after you made it?
    The vibrate lock is coming tomorrow?

DC 3.5. Hopefully.
    So they are asking for money to get the rom

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Nope. And if you had read anything in the last few pages you'd have read that. They're releasing an early copy to people who have donated to them in the past for testing. The release will be out when testing is complete.

Don't be an ass.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone