[ROM] DamageControl v3.2.x | Check post #2 for updates this week!

Search This thread

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey I tried going through your thread but i can't make it its like a million pages long haha.

anyhow i followed this root guide
[TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! No ADB, no fuss!

well I tried the newest 3.1.1 in the 2nd post and it just white evo screen boot loops so i had to flash a rooted stock rom, i know you said i need to follow the toast root method but now that is too late so how can i correct my issue??
Don't take this as directed at you, but this just came to mind,

"Just when you thought you made something idiot proof, someone goes and makes a better idiot."

Have you:
1) Followed part 2 of toast's root guide (NAND unlock)
2) Wiped Data & Cache before flashing

Skippy38

Nov 19, 2008
I have tried 3.1.1test2 and i still get bootloop. I am trying to install with no wipe to see if that works (it has for some) I have done part 2 of toast's instructions. ANy way to tell if I did it right? I may have dorked something up. I did follow all steps and receive no errors.....just asking

zacholley

Oct 30, 2009
Oklahoma City
Don't take this as directed at you, but this just came to mind,

"Just when you thought you made something idiot proof, someone goes and makes a better idiot."

Have you:
1) Followed part 2 of toast's root guide (NAND unlock)
2) Wiped Data & Cache before flashing

I am still sort of new at all this I did'nt know I could also do toast's root.... THX for the heads up!!

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
I am still sort of new at all this I did'nt know I could also do toast's root.... THX for the heads up!!
You are still using toast's root (PC36IMG.img) Biles just took all the scariness out for noobs.

I was a noob as of June 4th, I just read everything and did it the hard way and now I am waaaay more prepared to troubleshoot my phone. ADB is your friend believe it or not.

It has like 5 commands you have to learn and that's it.

bc8240

Feb 9, 2010
Same as me, but I get process system hanging on boot every time and random FCs from DCUpdater and my speedtest apps.

Speedtest apps are probably on account of my ****ty 3g speeds in Indianapolis. Big FU to Sprint's tower in Indy.

I started getting FCs after I upgraded to 3.1.1 test1. I have reverted back to 3.0 and I am still getting FCs from the speedtest app.

jxs1984

May 30, 2010
decided to do my homework and learned how to use adp. now i have successfully performed toastcfh's root 2of2 and DamageControl v3.1.1 boots right up!

sorry for giving you troubles earlier. i missed the part whether this rom requires root 2of2 until i looked harder through every pages in this thread.

thanks again! will report back with my findings.

everything was working fine until i decided to enable JIT and reboot the phone. it first makes it through the bootscreen then android loads up. as soon as i touch the screen to unlock, it took me to the bootscreen and runs in a loop.

drat! how can i disable JIT?

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
everything was working fine until i decided to enable JIT and reboot the phone. it first makes it through the bootscreen then android loads up. as soon as i touch the screen to unlock, it took me to the bootscreen and runs in a loop.

drat! how can i disable JIT?
ditto same for me, athough after I unlock and it reboots (doesnt seem like a full boot cycle) it loads back up fine.

myndwire

Aug 5, 2008
Pittsburgh
I got it to sync....Thanks. :D

Now if Marketplace would unfreeze so that i can reinstall my apps, I'll be set to go. This thing has been stuck on "Starting Download" for awhile now. :mad:

you may have the issue i had after wiping test1 and going back to my nandroid backup of 3.0.. i could load the market, use the internet via 3g, but couldn't download anything in the market. it literally just sat on 'starting download' for all of my apps i had queued to go. i re-wiped/cleared cache/dalvik/data and flashed test2, and it was fine. i wonder what the true-life fix for this is... something's got to be missing that was replaced and fixed by test2.

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
you may have the issue i had after wiping test1 and going back to my nandroid backup of 3.0.. i could load the market, use the internet via 3g, but couldn't download anything in the market. it literally just sat on 'starting download' for all of my apps i had queued to go. i re-wiped/cleared cache/dalvik/data and flashed test2, and it was fine. i wonder what the true-life fix for this is... something's got to be missing that was replaced by test2.

Ok...So I have to reinstall test 2 again? I will try that and see if it works.

Skippy38

Nov 19, 2008
any reason the boot loop still occurs. I have tried to wipe all and tried to do this with no wipe, same action each time. Any way to tell if I truly have R/W privileges (can I see if the full root actually worked) Sorry for such an elementary question

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7032384&postcount=182

For those of you stick scanning are you sure you removed that tree file? Even people on official ota have this problem and that us always fix
    I followed whitslacks thread completely and 4G worked, I set that rom up like I liked it. 4g working, nandroided, Then flashed 3.2.2.1 right on top no wipe

and 4G works after removing tree.xml 2 days and counting no problems.

Every other method I tried post#2 included did not work for me. Also I was never affected by the bad mac.

I tried searching this thread for that username and came up empty.

Would you please post the post number to make it easier to find than reading through $%0-ish pages of posts.

Thanks!
    Got rid of my license key so that I can see how it tries to install the app. The app installer says that it is not able to read the package. I think I may have had a different version of BusyBox when I was using 3.2.3 and the tar program may be different.

This is strange indeed.

tar is tar. It will open it if it can. Did you verify your backup after you made it?
    The vibrate lock is coming tomorrow?

DC 3.5. Hopefully.
    So they are asking for money to get the rom

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Nope. And if you had read anything in the last few pages you'd have read that. They're releasing an early copy to people who have donated to them in the past for testing. The release will be out when testing is complete.

Don't be an ass.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone