[ROM] DamageControl v3.2.x | Check post #2 for updates this week!

Search This thread

myndwire

Aug 5, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ok...So I have to reinstall test 2 again? I will try that and see if it works.

give it a try, and make sure you wipe everything first, that fixed my problem last night. i literally had the same issue... was sort of worried something was wrong with my data plan for some reason, but it was definitely something OS-wise in the phone.

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
I have full nand unlock and test2 but I still get weird behavior on boot, and a titanium backup just crashed and rebooted my phone.

Trying a full wipe and reflashing test2...

what wierd issues on boot? DC FC'ing? I think damage was working on the server, if you dont want dcupdater you can always just

adb shell rm /system/app/DCUpdater.apk

you may have issues restoring /data/app-private/ apps with titanium if you wipe. this was a known issue with hero because /data/system/packages.xml gets wiped out and has the UID permissions packagemanager needs in it...

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
I can handle the DCUpdator FCing but on boot none of my widgets load and the screen hangs, a dialog box for process system force close/wait pops up and eventually makes the phone do a mini reboot (sprint boot screen but no htc boot screen and its much quicker) and then back to unlock screen and the phone works fine after that.

TrevE

Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
Has anyone burnt out their sdcard from all this flashing yet? Just wondering. DarthPooh (RvU dev) said he burnt through a couple cards flashing so much

c6 cards should have wearleveling on them. most c2 do not (iirc). Ive been using a c6 card since i got my hero when it first came out flashing like a madman and havent had problems.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Swap_and_Compcache#Memory_Card_Wear_with_Swap

However, newer, high-end SD cards feature wear leveling, a mechanism that distributes write wear uniformly over the entire memory card by dynamically remapping logical memory blocks to different physical memory blocks over time. This largely alleviates the issue of card wear when using applications that tend to write to the same memory blocks over and over (i.e. swap). Most Class 6 microSDHC cards include hardware wear leveling, while Class 4 and lower cards typically do not. This feature depends on the decision of your card's manufacturer. A-Data and Transcend Class 6 cards were specifically cited as having hardware wear leveling.

Last edited:

TrevE

Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
I can handle the DCUpdating FCing but on boot none of my widgets load and the screen hangs, a dialog box for process system force close/wait pops up and eventually makes the phone do a mini reboot (sprint boot screen but no htc boot screen and its much quicker) and then back to unlock screen and the phone works fine after that.

thats wierd, ive wiped flahsed a few times and havent seen that. Did you try fixing uid in recovery -> other?

torremitsu

Oct 24, 2007
Colorado
Well I've just finished flashing, titanium backup ran without a problem. Disabled lockscreen without a problem. Wifi works, BT works. I haven't received any force closes. After reading alot of the posts, im going to leave jit alone lol. So far so good.

itmustbejj

Jun 2, 2010
Indianapolis
thats wierd, ive wiped flahsed a few times and havent seen that. Did you try fixing uid in recovery -> other?
This was from going to 3.0 to the 3.1.1 test1 last night, then nandroiding back to 3.0 then to 3.1.1 test2 without a wipe.

I just wiped data/cache and reflashed we'll see how it goes, and I have yet to do a uid fix, but I take it I should?

Edit: I am using clockwork, is there a uid option in there?

TrevE

Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
This was from going to 3.0 to the 3.1.1 test1 last night, then nandroiding back to 3.0 then to 3.1.1 test2 without a wipe.

I just wiped data/cache and reflashed we'll see how it goes, and I have yet to do a uid fix, but I take it I should?

if you wipe you shouldnt need uid fix. If you dont you could possibly need it. An auto uid fix will be incorporated soon...

never used clockwork, i dont know...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7032384&postcount=182

For those of you stick scanning are you sure you removed that tree file? Even people on official ota have this problem and that us always fix
    I followed whitslacks thread completely and 4G worked, I set that rom up like I liked it. 4g working, nandroided, Then flashed 3.2.2.1 right on top no wipe

and 4G works after removing tree.xml 2 days and counting no problems.

Every other method I tried post#2 included did not work for me. Also I was never affected by the bad mac.

I tried searching this thread for that username and came up empty.

Would you please post the post number to make it easier to find than reading through $%0-ish pages of posts.

Thanks!
    Got rid of my license key so that I can see how it tries to install the app. The app installer says that it is not able to read the package. I think I may have had a different version of BusyBox when I was using 3.2.3 and the tar program may be different.

This is strange indeed.

tar is tar. It will open it if it can. Did you verify your backup after you made it?
    The vibrate lock is coming tomorrow?

DC 3.5. Hopefully.
    So they are asking for money to get the rom

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Nope. And if you had read anything in the last few pages you'd have read that. They're releasing an early copy to people who have donated to them in the past for testing. The release will be out when testing is complete.

Don't be an ass.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone