[ROM][DEB|FLO][7.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS/CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies

Search This thread

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
So... CyanogenMod is dead. LineageOS is taking it's place. The ROM is basically CyanogenMod but with changes to the name.
This is completely 'stock' from their source code and will be prerooted (under Developer options in Settings)

Changelog is available at LineageOS Gerrit

There are no apparent bugs, but any bug reports will be welcome.

Gapps are available at OpenGapps.

These should build almost every night

Installation
Download latest release from here
Install it in TWRP recovery
Install the downloaded opengapps package

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS/CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
hazzer
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-08
Last Updated 2017-01-08

icsulescu

Sep 4, 2007
Bucharest
Just clean installed, no big difference from Cyanogen,.. Not even the logo.
Everything seams to be working as it did on cyanogen nightly.

Regards,
Me

.:B:.

Dec 15, 2016
@hazzer I'd like to grab your image but your website seems down?

Edit: I see it's back up, thanks!

Last edited:

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
@hazzer there are still two bugs first being hangouts crashes when you try to message someone over unless it's from the notification. This works fine on my other lineage devices. Second is Allo's message sounds use a don't play because it doesn't like the codec. This works in regular Android but seems to be a Lineage specific bug.

pclewis

Nov 23, 2010
Lost Root

Root access in Developer Options is greyed out. Only options are Disable and ADB. I am using TWRP 3.0.2. Yes, bootloader is unlocked. I had root with CM 1/25/2016 and when restored to that version, Root returned.

When I installed 1/16/2017, I did not wipe Data.

Am I missing something in Developer Options? Any thoughts?

Last edited:

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
I stated at the start of this 'project', I am balancing this alongside school work. Unfortunately, it's just become too much to manage alongside time consuming A levels.

This means:
  1. Builds will be less frequent (perhaps once or twice a week)
  2. I'm not going to be available on XDA or IRC very often (if at all)

I apologise I haven't been the best at communicating or fixing issues, but I just didn't envisage having to invest the amount of time I have.

If anyone would like to take over, give me a shout. You can borrow my server for hosting and my blog article if you're willing to learn.

You might see me again sometime around July. Thanks everyone for helping me with an incredible learning process into the depths of Android.

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
Root access in Developer Options is greyed out. Only options are Disable and ADB. I am using TWRP 3.0.2. Yes, bootloader is unlocked. I had root with CM 1/25/2016 and when restored to that version, Root returned.

When I first starting doing builds (before Lineage rebrand, and before CM shutdown), I disabled root for personal reasons (passing SafetyNet by default). I achieved this by building the ROM as 'user' instead of 'userdebug', which disables and also doesn't install the su binary to /system.

When the project transitioned to Lineage (after the CM shutdown), I began to build as userdebug (this is the default) again, to be close to official nightlies as possible.

Members of the Lineage team decided to (by default) remove root from Lineage builds (in the last few days), so the ROM will pass SafetyNet by default. This means root is now disabled in my builds (as I haven't explicitly enabled root).

If you would like root in the ROM, (SuperSU) or (Magisk+phh) is the way to go

pclewis

Nov 23, 2010
SuperSU

When I first starting doing builds (before Lineage rebrand, and before CM shutdown), I disabled root for personal reasons (passing SafetyNet by default). I achieved this by building the ROM as 'user' instead of 'userdebug', which disables and also doesn't install the su binary to /system.

When the project transitioned to Lineage (after the CM shutdown), I began to build as userdebug (this is the default) again, to be close to official nightlies as possible.

Members of the Lineage team decided to (by default) remove root from Lineage builds (in the last few days), so the ROM will pass SafetyNet by default. This means root is now disabled in my builds (as I haven't explicitly enabled root).

SuperSU will not root with TWRP, since root is built into TWRP. It just looks for a missing binary,

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
@pclewis

That's odd. What version of twrp and SuperSU are you using?

I have been using SuperSU with no problems since the cm-20161231 build.
- I didn't try phh, normally I use phh when SuperSU does not work.

Note :
I initially installed the rom, gapps and SuperSU using twrp. - Completely clean install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

pclewis

Nov 23, 2010
@pclewis

That's odd. What version of twrp and SuperSU are you using?

I have been using SuperSU with no problems since the cm-20161231 build.
- I didn't try phh, normally I use phh when SuperSU does not work.

Note :
I initially installed the rom, gapps and SuperSU using twrp. - Completely clean install.

I use TWRP 3.0.2 and it has root built in. Works fine with 1/25/2016 but root is lost with the Linage. I tried SuperSU 2.79, but it is looking for binary that does not exist.

The decision to not support root is not consistent with the Linage teams. I have updated two phones to Linage since CW and both maintain root. I think they need to reconsider. Most of us run TWRP and simply want to root with that.

Last edited:

Uncleheff

Oct 21, 2013
Martinsville
So im on the 1112017 build and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing screen rotation issues. Is it a software issue or just my tablet being old?

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I use TWRP 3.0.2 ….. I tried SuperSU 2.79

Thanks, I wanted to make sure I was using the same files. ;)

I think you may have a few things mixed up. :)

The decision to not support root is not consistent with the Linage teams.

Lineage changed that. (With the current and newer builds the biggest change the user will see, is selinux enforcing and non rooted. This way clean installs with work with banking apps and pass SafetyNet.)

I use TWRP 3.0.2 and it has root built in. Works fine with 1/25/2016 but root is lost with the Linage.

This has nothing to do with TWRP itself. Lineage removed root access from their builds.

TWRP has root access to modify your device. - All recoveries do.

(Recovery is limited by the developer depending on what they allow the user to do. This is why we can not just install what we want with stock recovery and need custom recoveries like TWRP or Clockwork.)

TWRP will NOT root your rom automatically, you will need to install a su and manager.

SuperSU (Download link in OP of thread.)

SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703

- - - Now back to your prior post.

SuperSU will not root with TWRP ..... It just looks for a missing binary,

Initially you can not install su binary from the apk.

Install one of the following using twrp. (These are the current SuperSU zip files.)

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip

All three worked for me regardless.

I installed 20170113 and pico gapps only. Ran through the setup and then dirty flashed 20170116. (Lost root access.) Rebooted into twrp and installed SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip. Rebooted and SuperSU took over root access.

Last edited:

pclewis

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks, I wanted to make sure I was using the same files. ;)

I think you may have a few things mixed up. :)

Lineage changed that. (With the current and newer builds the biggest change the user will see, is selinux enforcing and non rooted. This way clean installs with work with banking apps and pass SafetyNet.)

This has nothing to do with TWRP itself. Lineage removed root access from their builds.

TWRP has root access to modify your device. - All recoveries do.

(Recovery is limited by the developer depending on what they allow the user to do. This is why we can not just install what we want with stock recovery and need custom recoveries like TWRP or Clockwork.)

TWRP will NOT root your rom automatically, you will need to install a su and manager.

SuperSU (Download link in OP of thread.)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703

- - - Now back to your prior post.

Initially you can not install su binary from the apk.

Install one of the following using twrp. (These are the current SuperSU zip files.)

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip

All three worked for me regardless.

I installed 20170113 and pico gapps only. Ran through the setup and then dirty flashed 20170116. (Lost root access.) Rebooted into twrp and installed SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip. Rebooted and SuperSU took over root access.

Thanks, I get it. I really don't root the phones I use. I let them update OTA and need the security. The older ones I used to use Titanium and needed root. Now a TWRP BU is fine and I really don't need root I suppose. Thanks for your reply and I understand the logic.

Why do some devices allow root to be turned off and on in developer options for either apps, adb or both?

BTW, just installed 11/20/2017. Seems to work fine and does not have root. I will run this for a while. Thanks again?

Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... CyanogenMod is dead. LineageOS is taking it's place. The ROM is basically CyanogenMod but with changes to the name.
    This is completely 'stock' from their source code and will be prerooted (under Developer options in Settings)

Changelog is available at LineageOS Gerrit

There are no apparent bugs, but any bug reports will be welcome.

Gapps are available at OpenGapps.

These should build almost every night

Installation
    Download latest release from here
    Install it in TWRP recovery
    Install the downloaded opengapps package

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS/CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    hazzer
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-08
    Last Updated 2017-01-08
    LineageOS are almost ready for unofficial builds now (http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/), so my builds are stopping. To change over to the official weeklies, you need to first flash the EXPERIMENTAL build, then move to the officials.
    I stated at the start of this 'project', I am balancing this alongside school work. Unfortunately, it's just become too much to manage alongside time consuming A levels.

This means:
    1. Builds will be less frequent (perhaps once or twice a week)
    2. I'm not going to be available on XDA or IRC very often (if at all)

I apologise I haven't been the best at communicating or fixing issues, but I just didn't envisage having to invest the amount of time I have.

If anyone would like to take over, give me a shout. You can borrow my server for hosting and my blog article if you're willing to learn.

You might see me again sometime around July. Thanks everyone for helping me with an incredible learning process into the depths of Android.

Not for me. Appears to record (very small file size) but won't playback in native player or VLC. Latest Lineage 24/1/17.

I've found a solution.

Some devices do not set QCOM_BSP_LEGACY flag (Flo for example), and this is not supported with legacy media HAL, and causes things like screen recording to fail when setting up the encoder. A crude fix for Screen Recorder for Flo is this:

Code:
    Date:   Fri Feb 10 21:49:45 2017 +0100

stagefright: omx: Never signal dataspace change on legacy QCOM

QCOM_BSP_LEGACY is not defined for Flo and v500

Change-Id: I75af3875b38e70f6699f82646e559b7bfe964ddb

diff --git a/media/libstagefright/omx/GraphicBufferSource.cpp b/media/libstagefright/omx/GraphicBufferSource.cpp
    index d9ffca4..6d5400a 100644
    --- a/media/libstagefright/omx/GraphicBufferSource.cpp
    +++ b/media/libstagefright/omx/GraphicBufferSource.cpp
    @@ -568,7 +568,7 @@ void GraphicBufferSource::onDataSpaceChanged_l(
                     aspects.mTransfer, asString(aspects.mTransfer),
                     err, asString(err));

-#ifndef QCOM_BSP_LEGACY
    +#if 0
             // signal client that the dataspace has changed; this will update the output format
             // TODO: we should tie this to an output buffer somehow, and signal the change
             // just before the output buffer is returned to the client, but there are many

Edit: I submitted a patch to fix Screen Recorder for Flo and v500.

https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/topic:cm-14.1-hal+(status:open+OR+status:merged)