[ROM][DEPRECATED][CM12.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG G Stylo [H631 and MS631]

Search This thread

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
The recording issue has already been identified. The bug from lack of NV12 Color format support. I linked the commit like 15 pages ago lol

GPS was already fixed by adding the missing Qualcomm package
Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
oh lol that would make sense sorry i usually skim ill mess with the kernel as much as i can from my end seing as i needed to uninstall my linux to make space for my ever growing windows

Reactions: Blu8

bradym512

Nov 6, 2015
The recording issue has already been identified. The bug from lack of NV12 Color format support. I linked the commit like 15 pages ago lol

GPS was already fixed by adding the missing Qualcomm package

i saw you got some of the stuff for CM working and i think i know what the lst few bugs are. is the recording issue a problem for some or all? if its for some i know the error is one of two issues. and im almost certain i know what it is. as for the sleep of death theres an easy fix i need either the kdzs for 10j for the other carriers or some rooted devices on the 10js who know some adb. as for the gps i might have an idea for that one too.
I tried building with the commit (the xe build) a while back and got nothing.

I sent my stylo back and I keep forgetting to make a manifest and build guide for people wanting to continue the project. I'll try to do it tonight but I can't make any promises since I'm away from home.

I'm glad Riku has a bunch of these fixes worked out (and changed his G+ name). If he has the fixes then I can hand the thread over to him (however that works). Until someone builds this I'll mark it as [ABANDONED] or [NOLONGERUPDATED] (whichever is most appropriate).

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
I tried building with the commit (the xe build) a while back and got nothing.

I sent my stylo back and I keep forgetting to make a manifest and build guide for people wanting to continue the project. I'll try to do it tonight but I can't make any promises since I'm away from home.

I'm glad Riku has a bunch of these fixes worked out (and changed his G+ name). If he has the fixes then I can hand the thread over to him (however that works). Until someone builds this I'll mark it as [ABANDONED] or [NOLONGERUPDATED] (whichever is most appropriate).

Sounds good ? [DEPRECATED] lol

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
Haha cool

i could probably pick up development once i get my linux set back up. thinking of using a VM this time so that my ultra fast boot on my pcs motherboard can still work. or maybe when a few more parts that i want with my tax return then i can put the old ones into a linux

bradym512

Nov 6, 2015
i could probably pick up development once i get my linux set back up. thinking of using a VM this time so that my ultra fast boot on my pcs motherboard can still work. or maybe when a few more parts that i want with my tax return then i can put the old ones into a linux
Just expect a 10+ hour build on a VM

mannyv243

Aug 6, 2015
Is there any way to add the LED light back on the ROM?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Camera (cmfix) for cyanogenmod allows for the camera to work on snapchat

Raider0001

Apr 26, 2011
I wish this would work on a H635 variant of the G4 Stylus because stock 5.0.2 is slow and 6.0 is even worse (half of the gpu performance in games like Ingress)

Riku Azhurlar

Jan 16, 2014
Toledo
So update. Can't get my PC to use a VM or dual boot without breaking Windows. I found a method that might work but I need a second hard drive and all I have is a 20GB one so once I get a lil money I'll get a 1TB or 500GB one and try it. If all goes well then I'll try to start working on getting cyanogenmod 12.1 or 13 going

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod: "Making Android devices actually run Android"

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

CM12.1 For LG G Stylo T-Mobile and Metro.

WORK IN PROGRESS - VERIFIED CAT-EATER!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087005393 OR IN "DOWNLOADS"

What works:
    • Phone
    • Data
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • LTE

What doesn't (UPDATED):

• Video Recording (working on fix)
    • Sleep of Death on 10i stylos

Last Successful Build: 20160125XE

NOTES:
    • DON'T try to use GPS Lock for GPS. Soft reboot loop.
    • Battery Percentage Readoff not accurate
    • Default PPI is 340, native is 304. Will change in buildprop in next build. Meanwhile, you can change buildprop in /system

SOURCES USED:
    • MM-Dash from CM repo
    • Kernel: https://github.com/RikuAzhurlar/android_kernel_lge_msm8916-g4stylus
    • Device tree: https://github.com/TeamRegular/android_device_lge_h631
    • Vendor Files: https://github.com/coach0512/android_vendor_lge

Screenshots attached

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][DEPRECATED][CM12.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG G Stylo [H631 and MS631], ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    bradym512, Riku Azhurlar, Unjustified Dev, T-Macgnolia
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20151229S
    Stable Release Date: 2015-12-29
    Current Beta Version: 201625XE
    Beta Release Date: 2015-12-25

Created 2015-11-28
    Last Updated 2016-02-15
    Hey all! The 12/29 build is up, and includes permenant fixes for GPS, Camera, and disables LED. From a clean flash standpoint, with or without system wiped, LED is disabled from first boot and GPS works. Also, the stock camera app is present and ready to swing. From a dirty flash standpoint, it works fine and is the same as the 11/26 build with the bandaid zip, except it includes the December security patch. Dirty flash users will have to continue using the Google Camera app. As I was building, I realized I forgot to change the pixel density to 304 and forgot to implement the video recording fix commit. Expect to see those in the near future. These are all the major bugs I know of. If you notice a bug, feel free to post it here. If you can fix it, please do and PM me or put it in a post here and it'll be implemented into the sources for the next build. If the fixes keep flowin' the Stylo keeps growin'. Meanwhile, I'm going to begin work on CM13. Cheers!

EDIT: I'll be making a local_manifest.XML and uploading tomorrow. Also, this rom might be pulled from the [Beta] phase soon. We've come a long way, folks. Thank you for all your generous support along the way. The Stylo has potential, and 2016 will be a BIG year for the Stylo's AOSP life.

Just kidding. I'll upload it sometime soon. .

Unfortunately, no. CM13 is going to be based off of the generic Cyanogen 8916 kernel. But I've been building with the sources mentioned so if anyone would like to make a commit to fix that I'll happily build again. I'm not very good with kernels.

I can get CM 13 to build using the current repos(screenshot provided as proof) but it does not even give a boot animation so I can not pull a log to try and go further. I am really thinking the issue is in the init scripts but that is the obvious starting point. I have been trying to use the msm8916-common CM has but can not seem to get past the current error I am getting. I have tried using the generic kernel you are talking about and to be honest with you I do not think it will even work if you do manage to get it to build, and I do mean if you get it to build cause it seems like never ending errors with it. You can hit me up if you want when you start trying to build CM 13. I have a record of what I did to get past the 4 errors you will get.

Kazam_screenshot_00002_zpssq8v3ajv.png
    I have not checked on this thread in a couple of days as I have been busy working on developing another kernel source for the Stylo based off of cm's msm8916 kernel which I will be trying to build now that I am at a point I can try to build with it. So I am going to respond to posts in the order they were made in the thread.

On another note, Blu8 created an script that disables LED on boot.

The GPS fix discovered by me and another community member is able to be merged with your build since it's only a missing pacakge.

Ok I want to clear this up right now, you did not find anything, as my post in post #9 of this thread shows I am the one that very easily figured out why the camera and GPS was not working. And as you even said in your post I quoted, Blu8 is the one that put the flashable zip together to flash the needed files for the fix. So you my friend had absolutely zero to do with the fix. So I , and I am sure other members, would really appreciate you not trying to take credit for something you did not do. Especially seeing as you did not even show the courtesy of hitting the thanks button on post #9 where I posted the fix.

Alright. So, can anyone please point me in the right direction integrating the camera, led, and gps fixes into source? Thanks!

To add the files for the fix all you have to do is put them in you vendor/lge folder in your build folder. To be more precise do this.

Code:
    Place the camera.msm8916.so in vendor/lge/g4stylus-common/proprietary/lib/hw
    Place com.qualcomm.location.apk in vendor/lge/g4stylus-common/pri-app/com.qualcomm.location
    Then make sure you have the following two lines in your vendor/lge/g4stylus-common/ g4stylus-common-vendor-blobs.mk
    vendor/lge/g4stylus-common/proprietary/lib/hw/camera.msm8916.so:system/lib/hw/camera.msm8916.so \
    vendor/lge/g4stylus-common/proprietary/priv-app/com.qualcomm.location/com.qualcomm.location.apk:system/priv-app/com.qualcomm.location/com.qualcomm.location.apk \

Make sure that the \ at the end is there unless one of the lines is the last lines in the file. But the best way to do it is to just rm -rf vendor/lge and then flash your build and the zip for the fix and then manually pull your blob files from your device as it will make new vendor folders for you that are correct. To do that cd to device/lge/h631 and the use the ./extract-files.sh.

As far as including other prebuilt apps in your build that is relatively easy. I would make a directory called vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/app. Place the apk file you want to add in that folder. Then go to vendor_cm/config/common.mk and add a line like the following.

Code:
    #Added prebuilt app
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/app/"name_of_apk":system/app/"name_of_folder_for_apk"/"name_of_apk"

Also just so you know it is illegal for you to include gapps in a source built ROM. This is because they are not opensource apps and belong to Google who has not and will not give permission for aftermarket Android builders to use in their ROMs. This is why we have to flash them separately in a flash able gapps package.

Last wish me luck as I am going to be working on building 6.0.1 for the Stylo, but I am not trying to build CM I am working on XenonHD. But if I can get 6.0.1 XenonHD built it should be easy to transfer it over to CM and build CM 13.0.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone