• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM-DEV] 04/27/10 | Fresh Toast v1.1 | BFS + Full Scaling Overclock + EXT4/a2sd Fix

Search This thread

nicksavop

Feb 23, 2010
CT
Toast I have to say having overclocked my wifes palm pre and tried all of your previous overclocked roms none of them really seemed to make as much of a difference that I would of expected and never really felt right. That said, been playing with your latest and all I can say is my phone is faster, more responsive, and a pleasure to use.

Thanks for staying with it and all your hard work.

nicksavop

Feb 23, 2010
CT
Toast I have to say having overclocked my wifes palm pre and tried all of your previous overclocked roms none of them really seemed to make as much of a difference that I would of expected and never really felt right. That said, been playing with your latest and all I can say is my phone is faster, more responsive, and a pleasure to use.

Thanks for staying with it and all your hard work.

Which I did. I rebooted maybe 4 times. But after each reboot, followed by a 10 minute phone sleep, I had the same exact problem. I can't be rebooting the phone every time I wake it up. :)

Edit: I'm not at all sure this isn't a SetCPU problem, to be honest. Maybe I ought to try OC Widget and see if that changes anything.

Wow now thats a nasty drawback =(

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Wow now thats a nasty drawback =(

I seem to be the only one having the problem, so it's likely a combination of setcpu and something else on the phone, an app or something. Not sure.

I tried OC widget and it wasn't very good about CPU scaling, so I'm back to SetCPU. Just tried the sleep test again and this time it seems fine, so I have no clue what's going on. It's quite possibly something with my hardware. Too many random 'glitchy' things going on for it to be much of anything else. Gonna run it tonight/tomorrow and see if it's stable for me now, or if I have any more problems with it. For now it's working, though I couldn't even begin to tell you why.

I seem to be the only one having the problem, so it's likely a combination of setcpu and something else on the phone, an app or something. Not sure.

I tried OC widget and it wasn't very good about CPU scaling, so I'm back to SetCPU. Just tried the sleep test again and this time it seems fine, so I have no clue what's going on. It's quite possibly something with my hardware. Too many random 'glitchy' things going on for it to be much of anything else. Gonna run it tonight/tomorrow and see if it's stable for me now, or if I have any more problems with it. For now it's working, though I couldn't even begin to tell you why.

Glad to hear that you got it under control, but I'm sure this still isn't ready for everyday use right? I mean at the moment it's just a proof of concept?

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Glad to hear that you got it under control, but I'm sure this still isn't ready for everyday use right? I mean at the moment it's just a proof of concept?

Well, since I'm the only one posting the issues I'm having with it, I'd say it's probably ready for prime time. That's Flipz/Toast's call though. Unless they've gotten a bunch of e-mails that haven't been posted here (which I find unlikely) I imagine you'll see a general release tonight late or tomorrow evening sometime. Don't quote me, that's just an educated guess.

Well, since I'm the only one posting the issues I'm having with it, I'd say it's probably ready for prime time. That's Flipz/Toast's call though. Unless they've gotten a bunch of e-mails that haven't been posted here (which I find unlikely) I imagine you'll see a general release tonight late or tomorrow evening sometime. Don't quote me, that's just an educated guess.

Yeah Flipz tweeted earlier today that he would go public with it either tonite or tomorrow. I guess it will really be another 4am release lol. Looking forward to trying it out myself though. Been playing with my co-worker's Incredible, and that phone just FLYS when doing things on it!

house1999

Nov 11, 2009
Been running this ROM for a few hours and the only problem that I've had is with the phone freezing when disabling Wifi Tether. Other than that this has been working flawlessly...

Same here. Everything is working great so far except for turning off Wifi Tether. Also, People doesn't seem to sync Facebook contacts' birthdays anymore with this new leak. It also didn't sync on Damage's newest version either. Thanks!

Mar 8, 2009
Auburn
Has anyone been playing any app for an extended period of time? +20 minutes or so? And has the app locked up?

Everything is blazing fast... but, my only concerns are associated with known issues (such as the Touch-Input software... Why does is seem to put such a burden on Android??)

Flipz or Toast, did you see any changes with this in the Sprint Kernel? Am I the only one that is being critical of this?

drummingfool

Oct 15, 2007
Houston, TX
androidguys.com
POSSIBLE BUG:

Just an fyi toast and flipz, I've been having some lockups, noticed them when trying to run through the "setup" program after initial setup.

e.g. - I ran through part of the initial setup after first flashing the ROM (up to configuring my gmail account, which I completed, but then closed it out), but now every time I try to run "setup" again to put in my exchange, facebook, etc, it FCs the setup program after allowing Google to use location services, and then the phone locks up, causing me to have to reboot.

PS - It also took me a reboot for my phone to sync up my gmail contacts after setting up my google account sync, even though "accounts and sync" said that it was syncing my contacts just fine.

This is, btw, for FreshToast 2.1

Last edited:

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Yeah I've noticed a few build bugs in the release key build. While the overall build is much smoother then the test key builds we've had, there are still a few critical issues in the release build. I really hope Sprint isn't gonna make this release key build their final release for us. Or they are gonna have to give us a patch release after they release 2.1 to us. Kinda sux that the gurus at Sprint and HTC haven't got things right yet :(

bobr0949

Apr 3, 2010
this is the paid version of setcpu, and I chose Custom. The slider goes to the values spec'd in setcpu.txt but the two numbers in the top right only go up to 528. I've uninstalled it twice and it gets faster without it.

Are you using custom settings for the device type.
If not that is your problem.