• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM-DEV] 04/27/10 | Fresh Toast v1.1 | BFS + Full Scaling Overclock + EXT4/a2sd Fix

Search This thread

kraminc

Mar 23, 2008
Ofallon
Think it was mentioned before but mine keeps locking up when disbling wifitether. Also get small pauses when unlocking. Everything else is great.

sonofzeus

Jul 14, 2006
can't answer calls

i'm using the latest donor beta, i wiped everything before installing and overall the rom runs great! i can make calls ok but if a call comes in when the phone is locked then my phone just keeps on ringing no matter what i do, the only way to stop the ringing is by taking the battery out. if a call cames in with the phone unlocked then the android phone process crashes before i get a chance to answer the call.

Tenny

Jul 10, 2007
Houston, TX
www.tenfpv.com
Any way to check cpu speed through adb?

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 2 (v6l)
BogoMIPS : 535.82
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xb36
CPU revision : 2

Hardware : heroc
Revision : 0002
Serial : 0000000000000000

tejasrichard

Apr 3, 2009
Once again, I am having a MUCH smoother experience using the overclock widget. Literally night and day. I was having horrible lag. I timed it once, and it took nearly 10 seconds for the menu to open after I hit the menu button. I uninstalled setcpu (I was using the paid version), installed overclock widget, and the lag was immediately improved...not gone all together, but much better. The widget recognized the clockspeed out-of-the-box. It is not as configurable as setcpu, but it does allow for having different ranges depending on whether the screen is off or on. I currently have it set for min: 245 max: 767 when awake, min: 19.2 max: 767 when screen is off. I plan on playing with the settings for sleep a bit to see how they affect battery life, but honestly, I use the damned thing so much, I'm not sure how much extra I'm gonna gain. Thanks again to Toast and Flipz. You dudes really made this phone worth owning for a lot of people.

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Once again, I am having a MUCH smoother experience using the overclock widget. Literally night and day. I was having horrible lag. I timed it once, and it took nearly 10 seconds for the menu to open after I hit the menu button. I uninstalled setcpu (I was using the paid version), installed overclock widget, and the lag was immediately improved...not gone all together, but much better. The widget recognized the clockspeed out-of-the-box. It is not as configurable as setcpu, but it does allow for having different ranges depending on whether the screen is off or on. I currently have it set for min: 245 max: 767 when awake, min: 19.2 max: 767 when screen is off. I plan on playing with the settings for sleep a bit to see how they affect battery life, but honestly, I use the damned thing so much, I'm not sure how much extra I'm gonna gain. Thanks again to Toast and Flipz. You dudes really made this phone worth owning for a lot of people.

wooo... im glad u got it. weve noticed also that setcpu is a little cpu hungry. not that it slows my phone down or anything. but it does use like 10-14% cpu :-/ while ocwidget doesnt use any at all. im really not sure what this is about to be honest. setting the clock speed is actually very simple (ie can be done by a simple echo and it sticks till reboot) and im not sure why setcpu would be running in the background. so the choice is that of the user. i like a lot of the options of setcpu, while i hate its lack of working on boot and strange 19.2mhz bug. idk but im happy ur happy :D

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
i'm using the latest donor beta, i wiped everything before installing and overall the rom runs great! i can make calls ok but if a call comes in when the phone is locked then my phone just keeps on ringing no matter what i do, the only way to stop the ringing is by taking the battery out. if a call cames in with the phone unlocked then the android phone process crashes before i get a chance to answer the call.

very strange... u can reproduce this everytime? i cant at all :-/

rgildoss

Jun 26, 2008
Lisbon
not to sound negative in anyway but could these small bugs be created by personal settings or other applications installed on the phone?

it seem very hard to find fixs for these type of bugs when individual user can have many diffrent stuff on thier phones..

from reading most fo these posts, i think that the base OS seems to be solid however some users seem to have small probles or glitchs...

i dont know just seems that Flipz and Toast might be fishing for fish that might not be in the over all pond ..

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
not to sound negative in anyway but could these small bugs be created by personal settings or other applications installed on the phone?

it seem very hard to find fixs for these type of bugs when individual user can have many diffrent stuff on thier phones..

from reading most fo these posts, i think that the base OS seems to be solid however some users seem to have small probles or glitchs...

i dont know just seems that Flipz and Toast might be fishing for fish that might not be in the over all pond ..

could be. i mean i wanna help everyone with whatever issues they may have. but ur right as proven many times before, even in benchmarks. that a single application can totally ruin a users phones performance and it is nothing more then the apps fault. same goes for settings and setups. like for me i have no lock delay and no lag issues at all. but on the other hand like two guys show up with both those issues. kinda crazy so it makes me wonder and investigate. its just to bad ive ended up coming to a dead end on these two issues :-/

rgildoss

Jun 26, 2008
Lisbon
could be. i mean i wanna help everyone with whatever issues they may have. but ur right as proven many times before, even in benchmarks. that a single application can totally ruin a users phones performance and it is nothing more then the apps fault. same goes for settings and setups. like for me i have no lock delay and no lag issues at all. but on the other hand like two guys show up with both those issues. kinda crazy so it makes me wonder and investigate. its just to bad ive ended up coming to a dead end on these two issues :-/

again ( do alot of beta testing for new stuff at work ) and beta testing can only take so far, at some point you have to just go for it ( LOL )

For instance if we look at the HTC leak or leaks, we can see that they have very comon issues, issues that everyone ( and every ROm built on the leaks ) tend to have in comon.. Like the Bluetooth, we know that this problem is realted to ( atleast ) how code is made ( or being used ) but one thin is fact , we all have some problems with BT in one way or another ( another words it doesnt seem to be realted to a setting or an app ) ..

all that said in your goal to make a great ROM you want to make sure that all bugs are gone ( a valiant trade i might add ) but as i said , to me its fishing ..lol

neonjam

Nov 22, 2008

Just curious, would it help to test another rom base using this kernel? I know Zen said his MyTouch rom has used the overclocked kernel but I'm not sure how much he's played with it. You could possibly test the Legend build as well. Could it be the rom causing the issues and not the kernel as well?

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
Just curious, would it help to test another rom base using this kernel? I know Zen said his MyTouch rom has used the overclocked kernel but I'm not sure how much he's played with it. You could possibly test the Legend build as well. Could it be the rom causing the issues and not the kernel as well?

I have tested the legend build with 2.6.29 overclock and BFS kernel. It works like a charm :)

SupahDave

Oct 28, 2009
wooo... im glad u got it. weve noticed also that setcpu is a little cpu hungry. not that it slows my phone down or anything. but it does use like 10-14% cpu :-/ while ocwidget doesnt use any at all. im really not sure what this is about to be honest. setting the clock speed is actually very simple (ie can be done by a simple echo and it sticks till reboot) and im not sure why setcpu would be running in the background. so the choice is that of the user. i like a lot of the options of setcpu, while i hate its lack of working on boot and strange 19.2mhz bug. idk but im happy ur happy :D

What are the chances of seeing a "toast's overclock" tool???

SupahDave

Oct 28, 2009
I'd have a hard time believing that you couldn't make a better overclock app than what's available if you wanted to...