[ROM][DEV] CM 11.0 Nightlies for VZW VS980

Search This thread

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Please do not take my post for flaming, it is more out of ignorance than anything...

But with the Nexus 5 being so close to the G2, and with there being Kit Kat OTA's in other parts of the world available, why are there no stable 4.4 ROMs available for the US phones yet? I am seeing custom ROMs out for a couple months now, and not a single on is stable... they all have SOD and other problems...

Is the Nexus 5 too different to get a decent port? Are the international versions not compatible? What exactly is the reason?

Ran cyanfox and paek kernel for 6 weeks without any SODs, lockups, or reboots. Their are stable versions, just gotta find the right combo.

Sent from my gxidjeb on planet vakcovuhf

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

Jun 6, 2011
Does LTE toggle work for anyone? Mine doesn't do anything, but when I go disable LTE in the settings menu, the toggle reflects that, despite it not being actionable.

Sent from my LG G2

Reactions: natemup

richajf

Mar 13, 2011
The VS980 M3 snapshot is up! I'm downloading it now to give it a try.

Edit: Everything is set up and works better than I've ever seen this phone work. Of course, time will tell for sure. Hopefully GPS works well and I don't get any SOD or random reboots. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Please do not take my post for flaming, it is more out of ignorance than anything...

But with the Nexus 5 being so close to the G2, and with there being Kit Kat OTA's in other parts of the world available, why are there no stable 4.4 ROMs available for the US phones yet? I am seeing custom ROMs out for a couple months now, and not a single on is stable... they all have SOD and other problems...

Is the Nexus 5 too different to get a decent port? Are the international versions not compatible? What exactly is the reason?

switching to this phone from a GS4 that was locked down I could not be happier. There are random issues here and there, but as far as AOSP on Verizon this is the best we have. Keep trying out different things you will find something that works. Also, once LG releases the 4.4 kernel source i am sure we will see even better performance, but for now I am happy.

richajf

Mar 13, 2011
I did a clean install without issue. Figured it was supposed to be a more stable release so I didn't want to possibly have bugs left over from a dirty install.

natemup

Jun 22, 2010
San Francisco
natemup.blogspot.com
I'm on the M3 build, flashed via CM updater from one of last week's builds, and things are snappier, though my 4G is acting funny, not registering as a connection in every app. At first I could browse on Chrome but not play anything in Spotify or load the Play Store, and after a reboot I can play Spotify but no Twitter and Play Store still won't load anything...

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
On the latest nightlies and cannot connect to my exchange email server at work anymore. Tried to setup a new connection and that isnt working either. Is there a problem?

Notifications also do not work Phone vibrates, but that is it. No audio. I go in to settings and try to play notifications there but anyone i choose, nothing plays.

EDIT: Did a clean install of the latest NL and that seemed to fix the notifications issue. Which is fine since I have not done a clean install in a while. :)

Last edited:

kg2128

May 23, 2013
switching to this phone from a GS4 that was locked down I could not be happier. There are random issues here and there, but as far as AOSP on Verizon this is the best we have. Keep trying out different things you will find something that works. Also, once LG releases the 4.4 kernel source i am sure we will see even better performance, but for now I am happy.
I'm guessing you are referring to the Verizon Galaxy S4s with the newer software? I bought one at launch (now a family member has it) and it was easier to root/flash a custom rom than the G2. It was noticeably more stable even when comparing nightlies to nightlies, also "stable" roms on the Galaxy S4 were actually stable.

Don't get me wrong I love the LG G2 hardware (definitely better than the S4) and I know we have some awesome developers working hard, but selection and stability have been disappointing for the G2, especially the latter. Tried all 3 big names (CM,AOKP, PA) it didn't make a difference stability wise. Like SquireSCA I am surprised we don't have some stable options by now, but to quote NBA players "it is what it is." The silver lining is there is a risk of SODs no matter what, so I update often to the newest nightly. My usual strategy is stick with the stable older release until the new one is rock solid, but that is pointless for the G2.

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
On the latest nightlies and cannot connect to my exchange email server at work anymore. Tried to setup a new connection and that isnt working either. Is there a problem?

Notifications also do not work Phone vibrates, but that is it. No audio. I go in to settings and try to play notifications there but anyone i choose, nothing plays.

EDIT: Did a clean install of the latest NL and that seemed to fix the notifications issue. Which is fine since I have not done a clean install in a while. :)

Anyone have a fix for the Exchange email issue? Keeps saying it cannot connect to the server. Settings are correct and I downloaded a trial app and that email program works. I tried several diff CM builds and they all do not work. I need this to work so not sure what the problem is.

stelthy77

Oct 18, 2010
Anyone have a fix for the Exchange email issue? Keeps saying it cannot connect to the server. Settings are correct and I downloaded a trial app and that email program works. I tried several diff CM builds and they all do not work. I need this to work so not sure what the problem is.

I am not having any issues, and I connect to multiple servers, so I can confirm that it is not a rom wide issue.

Do you have any other connectivity issues? Was it ever working, and was broken by a nightly?

You can also try changing your security type to "SSL/TLS (Accept all Certificates)". Sometimes there is a mistake or self signed cert that will keep it from connecting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:
    Vs980 now has cm11 branch ...i smell nightlies :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They should start tomorrow
    seems like there hasnt been too much development recently for this rom on this device. there is the G2 xposed module that enables the double tap of the status bar, but it makes the status bar buggy all together

...I'm not going to implement it in 4.3. Work is primarily moving to 4.4.

I posted over in the cm site forums about our issues and possible lack of a maintainer. Cm team member @ciwrl responded that he would be looking into it. I also noted @JackpotClavin's work and the major breakthroughs he has accomplished. This is at least a step forward.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I tried the 11/26 CM11 unofficial nightly and had some stability issues (most likely due to the kernel legacy code Dalingrin referenced). When running certain games such as Epoch or Injustice (Unreal engine may be a specific factor), the audio will begin to glitch during play, and eventually the program freezes, but does not force close. you can actually switch programs, or go home, return to the game and it will still be frozen. I noticed similar issues running the Gummy preview.

Not griping, I understand that things are still Alpha, but I haven't seen anyone post these specific issues. Thanks for all the hard work Dalingrin (fan from the HP TP days).

Yes, it could be the legacy code.
    Keep in mind that I posted the CM11 build as just a preview. I suspect most folks will want to wait until we get rid of the legacy code and also wait until more features are merged into CM11. Once we update the kernel, quite a lot of behind the scenes code will also change with it. So, the issue you ran into might be fixed along the way.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone