[ROM][DEV] CM 11.0 Nightlies for VZW VS980

Search This thread

Nandrew

Feb 20, 2009
So on builds after 3/6 I get the following error. Keep having to get into recovery and restore a prior M2 backup. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm updating using cmupdater... Is there a reason I should have to do a clean wipe?

ubajabeg.jpg

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I ran the 3/6 build and an now on the 3/8. No phone fc here. I'm also using the stock kernel and Banks core gapps. What gapps are you on, and did you flash a kernel??

jnasmith

Nov 11, 2006
I ran the 3/6 build and an now on the 3/8. No phone fc here. I'm also using the stock kernel and Banks core gapps. What gapps are you on, and did you flash a kernel??

I'm not flashing a separate gapps...should I be? Didn't think this was necessary on previous builds

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
So on builds after 3/6 I get the following error. Keep having to get into recovery and restore a prior M2 backup. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm updating using cmupdater... Is there a reason I should have to do a clean wipe?

ubajabeg.jpg

I believe this is because CM introduced a new dialer into the more recent builds. Idk when the exact change occurred but I think anyone who is on the previous snapshot build and attempts to dirty flash new builds will continue to get this message. I know I have been on the snapshot and attempted to update dirty flashing to the 3/4 and 3/5 build and I kept getting those messages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

markcyst

Feb 5, 2010
Hanover, Maryland
I believe this is because CM introduced a new dialer into the more recent builds. Idk when the exact change occurred but I think anyone who is on the previous snapshot build and attempts to dirty flash new builds will continue to get this message. I know I have been on the snapshot and attempted to update dirty flashing to the 3/4 and 3/5 build and I kept getting those messages.

no problem here

markcyst

Feb 5, 2010
Hanover, Maryland
Which gapps are you using???

You were on the snapshot build and dirty flashed which build?

Just the standard ones from goo.im, back from when cm11 was first released.
I have only dirty flashed since getting this phone, I haven't clean flashed cm on any device other than the initial flash since 2010

natemup

Jun 22, 2010
San Francisco
natemup.blogspot.com

I was getting these errors when trying to go from 3/06 back to 1/31 as well as getting them now going from 3/06 to M4. So it's not just snapshot to snapshot. A restart did not help.

Flashing the 3/08 nightly instead of M4 fixed it. I read elsewhere that snapshot builds are essentially builds from a week or more ago, which would make sense because I saw the same crashes when going back to 1/31. Not a big deal, but I just think it might be related to my issue with not getting internet in some apps when on 4g (works fine on 3g), because along with the crashes came no 4g or 3g signal and an intermittent roaming icon.

Last edited:

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Haven't been back to CM on this device for a while. Have we come up with a fix for the touch sounds during phone calls yet?

I usually just turn off lock/unlock sounds. Wish I didn't have to but better than my face making noises on the screen haha

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marleyinoc

Jan 30, 2011

ubajabeg.jpg

I thought I flashed 3/8 earlier today but just flashed snapshot and got those errors too.

My first download of m4 failed though. Maybe second wasn't so great either? I'm going to reflash 3/8 when my battery gets a little more charged.

Edit: Well this explains how I fed myself a bowl of boot loops. Not sure if it can be applied to anyone else's issues.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-11-m4-post-release-items

Edit 2: Reflashed snapshot (since I was now coming from a build a few weeks old). No boot loops. I'm missing out on some of the recent commits though :( Will just have to flash tomorrow's nightly.

VS980 - CM11 M4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:
    Vs980 now has cm11 branch ...i smell nightlies :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They should start tomorrow
    seems like there hasnt been too much development recently for this rom on this device. there is the G2 xposed module that enables the double tap of the status bar, but it makes the status bar buggy all together

...I'm not going to implement it in 4.3. Work is primarily moving to 4.4.

I posted over in the cm site forums about our issues and possible lack of a maintainer. Cm team member @ciwrl responded that he would be looking into it. I also noted @JackpotClavin's work and the major breakthroughs he has accomplished. This is at least a step forward.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I tried the 11/26 CM11 unofficial nightly and had some stability issues (most likely due to the kernel legacy code Dalingrin referenced). When running certain games such as Epoch or Injustice (Unreal engine may be a specific factor), the audio will begin to glitch during play, and eventually the program freezes, but does not force close. you can actually switch programs, or go home, return to the game and it will still be frozen. I noticed similar issues running the Gummy preview.

Not griping, I understand that things are still Alpha, but I haven't seen anyone post these specific issues. Thanks for all the hard work Dalingrin (fan from the HP TP days).

Yes, it could be the legacy code.
    Keep in mind that I posted the CM11 build as just a preview. I suspect most folks will want to wait until we get rid of the legacy code and also wait until more features are merged into CM11. Once we update the kernel, quite a lot of behind the scenes code will also change with it. So, the issue you ran into might be fixed along the way.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone