[ROM][DEV] CM 11.0 Nightlies for VZW VS980

Search This thread

jordanl17

Mar 27, 2007
I can confirm this happens in YouTube on any video longer than my screen timeout.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

This could be an issue with AD permissions, or just something specific with your account.

Is your email box over 5gb, or more than 100,000 items per folder ? That can cause issues with ActiveSync with Exchange 10 and older. Even if you are not trying to sync it all. It could also be related to an email that is having trouble pushing that arrived during the sync period that has corrupt headers, this will usually result in massive battery drain and EAS wakelocks on the device.

Can you setup a dummy account in Exchange and on your tablet (or phone) and push some mail to it to see if it has trouble pushing? During this test I would remove your regular account from the device.

If that works, you know it is related to your account, you can delete the profile for your devices (do this in OWA) and remove the accounts from the devices and then add them back in. That should resolve it, unless your mailbox is too large or you have email with messed up headers, then you may need to archive or delete some mail to find the culprit.

If the dummy account doesn't push mail, then it might be an issue with your Exchange box.

Are you the admin for your server? Do you see any events related to EAS or OWA in the Event Log? If you don't, can you setup verbose logging on that box to see if it is throwing any events?

I am pushing mail from Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013. I rarely get delays, but every once in a while I do get some issues with a small delay.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I am sure you double checked this, but I have to ask if you checked to make sure you set sync frequency to "Push"...

Good luck.

All great ideas. I am the admin, and I've just started digging through the iis activesync logs. The dummy account is a great idea. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Xyriin

May 21, 2012
Virginia Beach
Is anyone getting Phone/Dialer issues with the latest Nightlies since 1/19-1/21? I can dial the call and when its supposed to go to the in call screen it just goes back to the main dialer page, I can't get into the In Call Screen.
I haven't experienced that issue exactly but I've been dealing with crashes and reboots while in a call.

On a related note anyone have archived nightlies going back to the 1-13 range? (specifically anything 1-13 to 1-20)

Last edited:

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Some questions for you guys

Hello everyone! I recently ended up with a Verizon GS4 through a trade thinking I would love it, but the locked bootloader has made it impossible to install CM11 or any AOSP ROM at all. I love CM11 and hate touchwiz ( I though I would like it on the GS4). So basically im just wanting some info from you guys on how you like this phone + CM11? Im pretty sure I'm going to switch to the LGG2 but I wanted some feedback from some of you guys first. Any serious bugs? Does the IR blaster work with CM11? Anything else I should know? Thanks!

jordanl17

Mar 27, 2007
I've been ROM hopping today. Went on PA 4 beta 3, had an overall lag in all animations. So I flashed the AOKP from yesterday. Feels fast, etc. I had an SOD already.... Also less ROM customizations vs CM. I'll run AKOP for a few more nightlies then report back. Feels like the VS980 runs similarly on all 4.4.2 Roms. Just a quick opinion.
I did see an interesting thread on processor bin and thermal settings. Any here add voltage to stop sods?

Xyriin

May 21, 2012
Virginia Beach
After further testing the in phone call crashes seem to happen in nightlies 1-23, 1-24, and 1-25. With those three I'll get a max of about 5 minutes on a call before the phone will completely lock up and become unresponsive or straight up reboot. After the third roll-back to 1-22 I was able to make calls longer than 5 minutes with no apparent issues. These are the same issues experienced previously somewhere between nightlies 1-13 and 1-22. I thought the issue had been cleared up but it's obviously back.

maniac3221

Jul 15, 2010
After further testing the in phone call crashes seem to happen in nightlies 1-23, 1-24, and 1-25. With those three I'll get a max of about 5 minutes on a call before the phone will completely lock up and become unresponsive or straight up reboot. After the third roll-back to 1-22 I was able to make calls longer than 5 minutes with no apparent issues. These are the same issues experienced previously somewhere between nightlies 1-13 and 1-22. I thought the issue had been cleared up but it's obviously back.

I am running 1/23 and have made phone calls up to an hour.

If the phone does not reboot, will it recover after some time?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

acezhi

Mar 26, 2009
Maine
Hello everyone! I recently ended up with a Verizon GS4 through a trade thinking I would love it, but the locked bootloader has made it impossible to install CM11 or any AOSP ROM at all. I love CM11 and hate touchwiz ( I though I would like it on the GS4). So basically im just wanting some info from you guys on how you like this phone + CM11? Im pretty sure I'm going to switch to the LGG2 but I wanted some feedback from some of you guys first. Any serious bugs? Does the IR blaster work with CM11? Anything else I should know? Thanks!

I did the same thing.
I traded my note 2 for a S4 and now am on the LG G2 and couldn't be happier.
The buttons take a little getting used to , but knock on and knock off help a lot with that.

Reactions: kirch21

polaric

Oct 23, 2013
Mechanicsburg
play.google.com
Seems to be app dependent. Happens for hangouts and gmail, but not Tapatalk or Google+. Then again, Tapatalk and Google+ are set to use the default system notification sound, so maybe that has something to do with.

Sent from my LG G2

There were a lot of DSP changes, if the system default sounds are glitching, it could be related.

Sent from my LG G2

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

Jun 6, 2011
That's odd. It happens to me on the AOSP messaging app, which is set to system default

Sent from my LG G2

Well, maybe it's app-dependent then. Kind of weird that it only happens for certain apps for me, then again, I haven't really tested it out too much. Too busy to do that so I just put my phone on silent/vibrate so the weird-ass noise wouldn't distract/annoy me.

polaric

Oct 23, 2013
Mechanicsburg
play.google.com
Well, maybe it's app-dependent then. Kind of weird that it only happens for certain apps for me, then again, I haven't really tested it out too much. Too busy to do that so I just put my phone on silent/vibrate so the weird-ass noise wouldn't distract/annoy me.

If its app dependant, it could be if they support DSP or not, since people said viper fixes it. Maybe they broke DSP.

Sent from my LG G2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:
    Vs980 now has cm11 branch ...i smell nightlies :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They should start tomorrow
    seems like there hasnt been too much development recently for this rom on this device. there is the G2 xposed module that enables the double tap of the status bar, but it makes the status bar buggy all together

...I'm not going to implement it in 4.3. Work is primarily moving to 4.4.

I posted over in the cm site forums about our issues and possible lack of a maintainer. Cm team member @ciwrl responded that he would be looking into it. I also noted @JackpotClavin's work and the major breakthroughs he has accomplished. This is at least a step forward.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I tried the 11/26 CM11 unofficial nightly and had some stability issues (most likely due to the kernel legacy code Dalingrin referenced). When running certain games such as Epoch or Injustice (Unreal engine may be a specific factor), the audio will begin to glitch during play, and eventually the program freezes, but does not force close. you can actually switch programs, or go home, return to the game and it will still be frozen. I noticed similar issues running the Gummy preview.

Not griping, I understand that things are still Alpha, but I haven't seen anyone post these specific issues. Thanks for all the hard work Dalingrin (fan from the HP TP days).

Yes, it could be the legacy code.
    Keep in mind that I posted the CM11 build as just a preview. I suspect most folks will want to wait until we get rid of the legacy code and also wait until more features are merged into CM11. Once we update the kernel, quite a lot of behind the scenes code will also change with it. So, the issue you ran into might be fixed along the way.