[ROM][DEV] CM 11.0 Nightlies for VZW VS980

Search This thread

dragonboydbboy

Jun 14, 2012
The bionic patch speeds things up a little, but the dalvik patch causes a boot loop.

Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I thought cm already implemented these patches?

Also, has anybody noticed google play services as the main battery drain? Using latest PA gapps... And also Bluetooth tethering ALL day long... Don't know if that's why.

Zimeron

Nov 4, 2010
I thought cm already implemented these patches?

Also, has anybody noticed google play services as the main battery drain? Using latest PA gapps... And also Bluetooth tethering ALL day long... Don't know if that's why.

They have, which is clearly stated in the OP for the patches:

Q: Do I need this patch?
A:

• don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

Reactions: El Ha$on

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

Jun 6, 2011
So there seems to be a pattern with the freezing/lockups: they always seem to involve a transition or animation, such as opening/closing the keyboard, hitting one of the nav buttons, windows popping up, etc. The problem is that it isn't consistent and just happens randomly when a transition or animation is occurring.

Someone in another thread was able to get a kmesg when it was happening and said that the HW composer freezing may be the reason for this. So what I suggested was disabling HW overlays in Developer Options (see screenshot). So far so good, but that's an n=1 sample size over roughly 13 hours, so anyone else who is having this issue, it would be great if you could try toggling this setting to see if it helps.

The only issue I've encountered doing this is random choppy scrolling and animations, but it's no way near as bad as the usual slowdowns and turning the screen on and off clears it up. My theory is that these slight slowdowns would be freezes of the HW overlays was on.

uploadfromtaptalk1391302526346.jpg

Sent from my LG G2

beddachedda

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco, CA
So there seems to be a pattern with the freezing/lockups: they always seem to involve a transition or animation, such as opening/closing the keyboard, hitting one of the nav buttons, windows popping up, etc. The problem is that it isn't consistent and just happens randomly when a transition or animation is occurring.

Someone in another thread was able to get a kmesg when it was happening and said that the HW composer freezing may be the reason for this. So what I suggested was disabling HW overlays in Developer Options (see screenshot). So far so good, but that's an n=1 sample size over roughly 13 hours, so anyone else who is having this issue, it would be great if you could try toggling this setting to see if it helps.

The only issue I've encountered doing this is random choppy scrolling and animations, but it's no way near as bad as the usual slowdowns and turning the screen on and off clears it up. My theory is that these slight slowdowns would be freezes of the HW overlays was on.

View attachment 2553676

Sent from my LG G2

Scrolling with HW overlays disabled is unbearably slow for me. Sorry :(

Enigmafied

May 18, 2010
Preferred system / roaming icon for 3g is back in latest nightly

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Does this mean that while roaming I will have a 3g icon for data instead of just an R?

I wanted to thank whoever has been contributing to this rom. Vast improvement over stock!

My brother and I installed this on my nephews and my own g2. Mine has had the sod/reboot/slowdown issues, which have been alleviated somewhat by setting minimum cpu to 652, changing cpu governor to interactive, and disabling animations. My nephews on the other hand, has apparently not had any issues. Without applying the aforementioned fixes. We r running two different Roms, and when we installed his, his phone was a blank slate. We had to adb push CM and gaps over. Mine was not. Is that what is referred to as a clean install?

Once more, thanks devs!!! :)

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Does this mean that while roaming I will have a 3g icon for data instead of just an R?

I wanted to thank whoever has been contributing to this rom. Vast improvement over stock!

My brother and I installed this on my nephews and my own g2. Mine has had the sod/reboot/slowdown issues, which have been alleviated somewhat by setting minimum cpu to 652, changing cpu governor to interactive, and disabling animations. My nephews on the other hand, has apparently not had any issues. Without applying the aforementioned fixes. We r running two different Roms, and when we installed his, his phone was a blank slate. We had to adb push CM and gaps over. Mine was not. Is that what is referred to as a clean install?

Once more, thanks devs!!! :)

A clean install is wiping everything aside from your internal storage. I use twrp and go into andvanced wipe, and tick everything aside from internal. It includes cache, dalvek, data, and system.

If you pay attention to the ROM as it flashes, most Roms run a script at the beginning that formats system, so you typically don't need to wipe it, but I usually do anyways.

That being said, if you didn't advance wipe everything then yes he had a more comprehensive wipe because he had nothing there to wipe.

If you're having issues with sod's still you can try using an app such as trickster mod, to adjust the voltages of your frequencies. Every time you click to raise them it will raise it by 25.

Try a fresh wipe and install. If they persist try adjusting the voltages 25 at a time to see if they subside. If that doesn't work or cms kernel locks the voyages(I think they do but its been a while since I've used a cm kernel for the aforementioned reason) you can check out paek and furnace. Bother of which are custom kernels.

I have been test driving furnace and even undervolted it with no issues. Paek I used for months and it works awesome as well.

Sent From My Vs980

Viper76269

Dec 9, 2010
Pembroke Pines
Anyone else having a problem with Instagram when you upload a photo? it cuts off like half of the picture, or doesn't show a picture at all and looks like you just took a picture with your finger over the camera.

Also, any idea if quick reply will be added for hangouts, similar to the quick reply for the messages app? this is the only thing keeping me from switching to using hangouts for SMS.

Edit: Seems like the Instagram thing only happens when i try to upload from my gallery

Last edited:

beddachedda

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Anyone else having a problem with Instagram when you upload a photo? it cuts off like half of the picture, or doesn't show a picture at all and looks like you just took a picture with your finger over the camera.

Also, any idea if quick reply will be added for hangouts, similar to the quick reply for the messages app? this is the only thing keeping me from switching to using hangouts for SMS.

Edit: Seems like the Instagram thing only happens when i try to upload from my gallery

I've gotten black images - turn off 'high quality photo processing' and it fixes it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:
    Vs980 now has cm11 branch ...i smell nightlies :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They should start tomorrow
    seems like there hasnt been too much development recently for this rom on this device. there is the G2 xposed module that enables the double tap of the status bar, but it makes the status bar buggy all together

...I'm not going to implement it in 4.3. Work is primarily moving to 4.4.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
    I posted over in the cm site forums about our issues and possible lack of a maintainer. Cm team member @ciwrl responded that he would be looking into it. I also noted @JackpotClavin's work and the major breakthroughs he has accomplished. This is at least a step forward.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I tried the 11/26 CM11 unofficial nightly and had some stability issues (most likely due to the kernel legacy code Dalingrin referenced). When running certain games such as Epoch or Injustice (Unreal engine may be a specific factor), the audio will begin to glitch during play, and eventually the program freezes, but does not force close. you can actually switch programs, or go home, return to the game and it will still be frozen. I noticed similar issues running the Gummy preview.

Not griping, I understand that things are still Alpha, but I haven't seen anyone post these specific issues. Thanks for all the hard work Dalingrin (fan from the HP TP days).

Yes, it could be the legacy code.
    Keep in mind that I posted the CM11 build as just a preview. I suspect most folks will want to wait until we get rid of the legacy code and also wait until more features are merged into CM11. Once we update the kernel, quite a lot of behind the scenes code will also change with it. So, the issue you ran into might be fixed along the way.