[ROM][DEV] CyanogenMod 10 - Unusual vortex color [Beta 3 - 22/06/2013]

Search This thread

bieltv3

Jun 12, 2012
Barcelona
CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

INFORMATION
This is a prjoect we started a few weeks ago, this is not a really importnat device on XDA community but I wanted to share here too. Vortex Color is one of the cheap Allwinner A13 chips powered, we found a bit of sources in our webpage, and we are trying to port Jelly Bean to it, as we have already AOSP Ice cream Sandwich.
A13 chips need some modifications on the framework to work on it. We will like to give thanks to ChritstianTroy, the guy that make those compatiblities, and we proted to our tab. Anyone could use our work to port to their tablet based on A13. Also we will be glad to expand our organisation with toher 7" tabs!
This version is an Alpha, so most of things don't work! But we will be working hard to get it working!

CHANGELOG
Beta 1
  • Continuation of Alphas released by blerfont
  • Fixed Display dpi
  • Improved modules
  • Builded new device tree based on official vortex sources
  • Modifyed realtek driver inside CM sources.
  • First vortexcolor team release

Beta 2
  • Camera 100% fixed
  • G sensor fixed
  • G sensor fixed on camera (which was an issue)
  • FIxed wifi
  • Fixed hardware volume buttons
  • Improved Audio
  • Smooth release with Phablet UI (Nexus 7 UI)

Beta 3
  • Wifi finally fixed
  • Touch screen fixed
  • Cleanup

DOWNLOADS

SOURCES
Device tree: https://github.com/Vortexcolor/android_device_softwinner_vortexc
Whole sources: https://github.com/Vortexcolor/

TEAM
  • Bieltv.3
  • Blerfont

e3c569c9984e56107c200699300742d6

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
man this looks awesum
but i have a irulu AK012
it is also an Allwinner A13 device
will this work on it?

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

flashing gives a verifying error :-/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

INFORMATION
    This is a prjoect we started a few weeks ago, this is not a really importnat device on XDA community but I wanted to share here too. Vortex Color is one of the cheap Allwinner A13 chips powered, we found a bit of sources in our webpage, and we are trying to port Jelly Bean to it, as we have already AOSP Ice cream Sandwich.
    A13 chips need some modifications on the framework to work on it. We will like to give thanks to ChritstianTroy, the guy that make those compatiblities, and we proted to our tab. Anyone could use our work to port to their tablet based on A13. Also we will be glad to expand our organisation with toher 7" tabs!
    This version is an Alpha, so most of things don't work! But we will be working hard to get it working!

CHANGELOG
    Beta 1
    • Continuation of Alphas released by blerfont
    • Fixed Display dpi
    • Improved modules
    • Builded new device tree based on official vortex sources
    • Modifyed realtek driver inside CM sources.
    • First vortexcolor team release

Beta 2
    • Camera 100% fixed
    • G sensor fixed
    • G sensor fixed on camera (which was an issue)
    • FIxed wifi
    • Fixed hardware volume buttons
    • Improved Audio
    • Smooth release with Phablet UI (Nexus 7 UI)

Beta 3
    • Wifi finally fixed
    • Touch screen fixed
    • Cleanup

DOWNLOADS

SOURCES
    Device tree: https://github.com/Vortexcolor/android_device_softwinner_vortexc
    Whole sources: https://github.com/Vortexcolor/

TEAM
    • Bieltv.3
    • Blerfont

e3c569c9984e56107c200699300742d6
    BETA 3 is out!
    Beta 2 is out if someone need it haha ;)