[ROM DEV] Froyo AOSP 2.2 (Vote to close the thread or continue with a generic AOSP)

Close the thread or make a generic Froyo AOSP 2.2 ROM?

• Close the thread since we have Cyanogenmod 2.2

Votes: 55 32.5%
  • Continue the thread with a generic Froyo AOSP 2.2

Votes: 114 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
ok my only input to all of this is that "Variety is the spice of life" I beleive this should sum up the hole discussion.
This goes with another saying "Opinions are like assholes everyone has got one" LOL that was in reference to my self...
Enjoy I am going to the pool with the wife.......................CYA!!!

jcf304

Apr 13, 2010
As stated above, If this is still in serious development / debug mode and there are serious issues, Why not wait until theres a firm solid build / base before do an offshoot? Hence duplicating any efforts in debugging things that might already be in the works of being fixed. Let's just wait till the cake finishes before we go dipping in a hot oven and coating it with two different types of frosting...man, now I just made myself hungry ...

so Yes for options ...no until we get a nice solid base completed.
Isn't that what was done for the other variants ?

Just MHO.

-J

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
That's an additional option.
That being said no one has to use anything they choose not to.

I'm not bothering with this anymore, not worth the time.

lol, like i said, im only putting out my opinion, for whatever that accounts for. the decision for you to agree or disagree with my is up to you, i don't really care :). Didn't mean to upset ya

agentofboom

Jul 8, 2007
yawn. more attitude and petty name calling. here we go again.

Zen:Keep working and ignore the comments.

I have a better idea! Why not instead of divisive name-calling and other assorted childishness lets arrange for a duel, wrestling match or ****-off. Seriously, these are the lamest slap-fights on these forums. Its SOFTWARE on a PHONE you work on as a HOBBY why not have fun and just play nice?

Really, whats wrong with being flattered when others incorporate your work (as long as they give credit) . What is so precious here that it cannot be shared for the greater good?

Why would you purposely slow another dedicated dev's roll?

Or should we "think different" the same way here too?

Last edited:

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Eh anything i do darch and is followers will call kang or what ever. I'm done with xda. Thread closed.

Sent from my Full Android on HeroC using XDA App

That's uncalled for. No one ever said that.

No one is stopping you from compiling your own AOSP ROM except yourself, and if you can't see past that little fact. Good luck.

Last edited:

MRagu

Feb 1, 2010
Detroit, MI
Perhaps while Zen (who is a great Dev) is building 'his' vanilla version he'll stumble on a fix for the camera or something and everyone will benefit. Go for it Zen, we'll all be better because of it!

Well said ... Go forward with it Zen!!!

I personally just went back to ur mt3g rom due to it being one of the most stable roms on my phone. I look forward to ur future releases and thx to u and zippy!

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
I don't see any real point to continue on with an AOSP build. CyanogenMOD looks exactly like AOSP, except it has more features, faster speed, and more support. There is no reason to use AOSP since CM is just an "upgraded" AOSP.

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina
Zen

Interesting...three years ago when Android on XDA was in its infancy, I was running Zen's android builds on my Tilt. Now folks seem to think he is a newbie copying other peoples work.

Hey Zen, let me know where you are going if you are done posting on XDA. No disrespect to other devs intended...

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
I don't see any real point to continue on with an AOSP build. CyanogenMOD looks exactly like AOSP, except it has more features, faster speed, and more support. There is no reason to use AOSP since CM is just an "upgraded" AOSP.

No one should ever flash the stock rom. Because fresh and damagecontrol are just upgrades of them.. Who ever put that stock rom out there should be put down.

That was all sarcasm.. Just because cyanogen adds a few features and modifies things doesnt mean everyone likes it. Some like the plan stock rom or maybe there are even used to it coming from a different phone.

Nothing against darch, this is against all his loyal followers that back him up on EVERYTHING he says, this has happened in quite a few threads. Everyone speaks with little to no knowledge on the topic. Also if darch puts his opinion out there, there is a couple who seem to agree with him EVERY SINGLE TIME.. Only a few people here have a mind of there own.

cp0020

Sep 2, 2009
atlanta
Interesting...three years ago when Android on XDA was in its infancy, I was running Zen's android builds on my Tilt. Now folks seem to think he is a newbie copying other peoples work.

Hey Zen, let me know where you are going if you are done posting on XDA. No disrespect to other devs intended...

exactly!!! zen has been doing this kind of stuff for quite some time now

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
No one should ever flash the stock rom. Because fresh and damagecontrol are just upgrades of them.. Who ever put that stock rom out there should be put down.

That was all sarcasm.. Just because cyanogen adds a few features and modifies things doesnt mean everyone likes it. Some like the plan stock rom or maybe there are even used to it coming from a different phone.

Nothing against darch, this is against all his loyal followers that back him up on EVERYTHING he says, this has happened in quite a few threads. Everyone speaks with little to no knowledge on the topic. Also if darch puts his opinion out there, there is a couple who seem to agree with him EVERY SINGLE TIME.. Only a few people here have a mind of there own.

Jus10o I think you interpreted what I said wrong. I never said not to flash AOSP or w/e, I just meant that you might as well flash CyanogenMOD because it has the exact look and feel of AOSP.

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009

u mad br0? man up!

Why would you make an open poll if you were going to be so fragile with opinions contrary to what you wanna hear. Its the internet man. Not everyone is gunna say what you wanna hear. You made an open poll, and i just voiced my opinion. Nothing i said was with intent for disrespect, i just what i had on my mind about the topic at hand. I never bashed you, nor said you can't do what you want. is there something you have against free speech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [14:35] qwebirc v0.85
    [14:35] Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
    [14:35] http://www.qwebirc.org
    [14:35] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
    [14:35] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
    [14:35] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
    [14:35] == Connected to server.
    [14:35] == ERROR: Reconnecting too fast, throttled.
    [14:35] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.