• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM DEV] Froyo AOSP 2.2 (Vote to close the thread or continue with a generic AOSP)

Close the thread or make a generic Froyo AOSP 2.2 ROM?

• Close the thread since we have Cyanogenmod 2.2

Votes: 55 32.5%
  • Continue the thread with a generic Froyo AOSP 2.2

Votes: 114 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
I'm just going to close the thread. Anyone can pull the source and compile aosp or cyanogenmod.

Maybe I miss read some posts about me kanging cyanogen and darch or how it would be darches rom w/o cyanogens features.

Its not like i get anything from it anyway. I don't take donations.

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
I'm just going to close the thread. Anyone can pull the source and compile aosp or cyanogenmod.

Maybe I miss read some posts about me kanging cyanogen and darch or how it would be darches rom w/o cyanogens features.

Its not like i get anything from it anyway. I don't take donations.

Might as well, the thread has gone to the crapper anyway. Let's all just sleep on it get back to the business of making kick ass Hero roms in the morning, OK guys? :D I mean, we're all here for the same reason, right?

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009

well, i can only speak for myself as i don't have control over other people. If you might've misunderstood what i was saying, what i was trying to say is that making a "generic" rom built from aosp is pointless, as it brings nothing new to the table. Thats what this poll was opened for, right? to give our opinion whether or not you should make a "generic" aosp rom. All i did was give my opinion. I never once mentioned you "kanging" anything. I never make such rash remarks without a reason to.

And to the person who made the Debian/Ubuntu reference to argue against my point, I think they both are trash!

flam253

Mar 15, 2010
i want a pure AOSP. i don't need all the extra settings and just seeing all the extra settings in the menus are an eye sore as I don't have use for most of them. others might like the extra goodies in CM, and others might not. no pain in having both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [14:35] qwebirc v0.85
    [14:35] Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
    [14:35] http://www.qwebirc.org
    [14:35] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
    [14:35] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
    [14:35] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
    [14:35] == Connected to server.
    [14:35] == ERROR: Reconnecting too fast, throttled.
    [14:35] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.