{ROM-DEV} FrOyO-EVO

Search This thread

phinnaeus

Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
very true! are you using any other form of contact picture syncing then...?

A quick google search and I have found this.

http://androidandme.com/2010/04/reviews/syncmypix-pulls-facebook-contact-photos-to-android/

I'm testing it now.

Edit / Preliminary Test Results: This is cool as ****. I love this, seriously. It hasn't actually done anything yet but its going through showing me all my friends and it just seems really well done. Anyway, before I did my sync I went to settings and checked the "use high resolution" option and dechecked the "crop" option.

After it finished syncing it gave me a list of my facebook friends which was confusing because most of them said "could not match" but that just meant I didn't have them in my contacts list. So I went to my contacts list in android to see what it did and most everyone was there. Some of the pictures were weird sizes so I might test out the "crop" option. Seems like it might do weird things though. Anyway, if you see someone in the sync list that didn't get matched up you can long press on them and select the corresponding contact in your contacts list manually.

Oh, the wonders of google.

Last edited:

Akira814

Jun 14, 2010
Big trouble... When I plug in my phone, I can't get it to allow me the option to use it has a disk drive. The drop down option went away since I put Froyo on. Because I can't pull it up as a drive, it won't let me run the recovery script to go to a later back up. I can charge when I plug it in but none of my computers will detect it as a drive anymore.

EDIT: Now when I plug the phone in, it prompts me to installed software for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM. It never did this before putting Froyo on, still can't get the phone to give me the option to have it become a disk drive.

Last edited:

TREYisRAD

Jun 9, 2010
A quick google search and I have found this.

http://androidandme.com/2010/04/reviews/syncmypix-pulls-facebook-contact-photos-to-android/

I'm testing it now.

Edit / Preliminary Test Results: This is cool as ****. I love this, seriously. It hasn't actually done anything yet but its going through showing me all my friends and it just seems really well done. Anyway, before I did my sync I went to settings and checked the "use high resolution" option and dechecked the "crop" option.

After it finished syncing it gave me a list of my facebook friends which was confusing because most of them said "could not match" but that just meant I didn't have them in my contacts list. So I went to my contacts list in android to see what it did and most everyone was there. Some of the pictures were weird sizes so I might test out the "crop" option. Seems like it might do weird things though. Anyway, if you see someone in the sync list that didn't get matched up you can long press on them and select the corresponding contact in your contacts list manually.

Oh, the wonders of google.

Thanks, this looks awesome.

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Froyo Update...!

Well, I can honestly say that this took off like never before.. The Evo has now become the new Nexus.. Speaking of, since there has been a new release of Froyo, can this be repacked and signed as before.. Much lessen our concerns with the Camera and Etc..

Just shooting in the dark Here.. :eek:

I just cant wait till sense and froyo come and arrive, then WE will REALLY have some rooting time! ;)

psych2l

May 25, 2010
Boston
Well, I can honestly say that this took off like never before.. The Evo has now become the new Nexus.. Speaking of, since there has been a new release of Froyo, can this be repacked and signed as before.. Much lessen our concerns with the Camera and Etc..

I just cant wait till sense and froyo come and arrive, then WE will REALLY have some rooting time! ;)

Hopefully with a fixed bluetooth stack :rolleyes:

phinnaeus

Apr 25, 2010
Seattle

Hopefully with a fixed bluetooth stack :rolleyes:

Check Avalaunch's EVOlution thread. It is basically this ROM with bug fixes, but I believe one of the later updates is based off the new release.

Also... you want to defile my beautiful froyo UI with Sense? I dunno if we can be friends...

JasjarMan

Oct 14, 2006
Dont know if this was posted but youtube and jetflicks or any other app that plays video will only play the SOUND but no picture. When the OS or me force closes the app the video keeps playing in the background.

Have to turn phone off and restart.
Also,this:

- after I unplug from wall the green light stays ON
- the light on touch buttons dont light, even in the dark
- brightness has to be set every time you reboot (if used manually)

Took rom off, cant wait till this works near perfect.

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Check Avalaunch's EVOlution thread. It is basically this ROM with bug fixes, but I believe one of the later updates is based off the new release.

Also... you want to defile my beautiful froyo UI with Sense? I dunno if we can be friends...

Oh No!.. I do not defile the froyo and Sense.. As a matter of a fact I am trying to see if I can find this and see where this goes.. Will do the Avalaunch.. Check it out.. :rolleyes:

tokuzumi

Nov 25, 2008
Now, if we get this rom working 100%, with the overclocked kernel, that will be the perfect rom....for me, anyway! I applaud the hard work you guys are doing.

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
overclock kernal

so when I download an oc kernal and it shows up as update.zip can I just boot into recovery and flash it like a rom and then set cpu will just have a higher max setting or is it more complicated then that?

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
i don't understand where the kernel for this came from, since the only kernel we have doesn't work with froyo. am i missing something?
matter of terminology here -
the kernel we have does work with froyo, the default ramdisk does not work with froyo.
this froyo kernel, boot.img, has the toast kernel with a modified ramdisk.

off the top of my head, i think the main modification to the ramdisk is the init.rc file to support froyo services. prob other tweaks required too but i havent examined it.

Last edited:

Igotsanevo4g

Aug 28, 2010
San Diego
I'm trying to come up with a solid method to port nexus roms. I have one that I've gotten to boot up and is pretty stable. No bootloops.

But I've got major problems, no cell service, no data, and no wifi, Bluetooth, cameras

I can probly fix wifi and Bluetooth with some tinkering and robbery from cm6 but I cannt figure on how to get data or cell service.

Any ideas?