{ROM-DEV} FrOyO-EVO

Search This thread

Tenny

Jul 10, 2007
Houston, TX
www.tenfpv.com
Two things I am noticing...

- Says my SD Card is blank / not formatted properly... (mounted it... seems ok now)
- Says I am roaming (Roaming Indicator On)

When looking at about phone... it says I am not roaming. Not sure where that's coming from?

Last edited:

maejrep

Jun 25, 2007
Two things I am noticing...

- Says my SD Card is blank / not formatted properly... (mounted it... seems ok now)
So, you're saying it's fine now? This is a different issue than what I mentioned before. One of my coworkers who went to I/O with me had a problem with the SD card in his EVO, and I read on some blogs that it's a known issue. You might have one of those EVOs/SD cards that are acting up.
- Says I am roaming (Roaming Indicator On)

When looking at about phone... it says I am not roaming. Not sure where that's coming from?

I had the roaming issue too... Toast gave me something that fixed it, gonna check logs. I guess all the back and forth we did while testing this didn't actually make it into the ROM he released :p Bad toast, bad!

EDIT: To fix roaming, push this file to /data/eri.xml : http://xda.privatepaste.com/download/e5edc55588
(Hint: you already have write access to /data from Android, no need to go to recovery to do it. but you *might* need to reboot after replacing it.. Or at least go into/out of airplane mode?)

Last edited:

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
EDIT: To fix roaming, push this file to /data/eri.xml : http://xda.privatepaste.com/download/e5edc55588
(Hint: you already have write access to /data from Android, no need to go to recovery to do it. but you *might* need to reboot after replacing it.. Or at least go into/out of airplane mode?)
the other patch for the reboot issue was patched into the ROM in the first link really quickly. has this been pushed into the rom available in the first link?

this is really sweet. thanks guys!!

D3fpo3t

Oct 2, 2009
i fixed the sdcard. but yeah i forgot reboot, damn it i need a EVO :-/

flipz is fixing it on his server now. should be good in a few

That means 500 bucks of donations. I was gonna *buy* you 4-8 cans of coffee but i think i might put that money towards a better use....getting you an Evo.
500$ minus 100$ leaves 400$ to go as soon as i get back to my apartment *Get out of the shower bro I need ride back home where my wallet it* So I call upon future evo users: If 100 people donate 4 bucks toast will have enough to buy an evo. That is if its ok with toast it not then you *toast* will still have a ton of coffee money coming your way

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Ah my bad on the roaming notification. It's an easy fix, just need a file on data. Will fix tonight again sorry I meant to fix this in the release.

Tenny

Jul 10, 2007
Houston, TX
www.tenfpv.com
So, you're saying it's fine now? This is a different issue than what I mentioned before. One of my coworkers who went to I/O with me had a problem with the SD card in his EVO, and I read on some blogs that it's a known issue. You might have one of those EVOs/SD cards that are acting up.

I had the roaming issue too... Toast gave me something that fixed it, gonna check logs. I guess all the back and forth we did while testing this didn't actually make it into the ROM he released :p Bad toast, bad!

The SD Card isn't the original one, I just needed to go into the settings and mount it. Not sure why it wasn't in the first place.

I did the roaming fix, airplane mode was all that was needed. Thanks!

I still can't get the screen rotation to work properly. The g-sensor doesn't seem to be working, when using the ShootMe app (ss) it wouldn't take a shot via shaking for hte life of it. I just booted into recovery and wiped the screen rotation stuff, and still no luck with this. I notice in the video it's working, was this a fix?

Another issue i ran into last night was with charging. It was like the device couldn't tell it was charging while on plugged into the wall. It did in fact reject the charge, as the battery drop 10% while I was sleeping (for a few hours) and it was plugged in. It's happening again this morning, in the SS below, I was plugged in and "charging" when the SS was taken...

Last edited:

Tenny

Jul 10, 2007
Houston, TX
www.tenfpv.com
can someone running froyo run quadrant and see what you get
snap20100603_090759.png

Last edited:

Kalisto707

May 26, 2010
I got froyo running on my EVO and noticed i am unable to play any video or youtube clips. Not expecting it to work just thought i would let you guys know.

Last edited:
J

jigglywiggly

I got froyo running on my EVO and noticed i am unable to play any video or youtube clips. Not expecting it to work just thought i would let you guys know.

You sure I was about to do this, if it can't do that, then that's pretty lame...