{ROM-DEV} FrOyO-EVO

Search This thread

Kalisto707

May 26, 2010
tried yxplayer and does the same thing as the regular player. I installed flash to see if that made any difference. It doesnt. It just plays sound and doesnt stop playing sound even if you quit the app.

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
looks like a user got tripped up by not clearing his dalvik cache before applying this rom. this could probably be added to the update-script in the ROM .zip to help prevent this from tripping up any other users.
perhaps clear /data and /cache to be safe? your call.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6684421&postcount=486

the reson i dont include wiping in the update-script is because normally i just update the build and when i do if ur already running it u dont need to wipe. also as i do before any flash i wipe twice no matter what for good measure. anyhow all users of root should take note to this. always wipe before flashing a rom, unless unless other wise noted in the first post.

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
the reson i dont include wiping in the update-script is because normally i just update the build and when i do if ur already running it u dont need to wipe. also as i do before any flash i wipe twice no matter what for good measure. anyhow all users of root should take note to this. always wipe before flashing a rom, unless unless other wise noted in the first post.
good to know. i wasnt sure if it was standard pratice to include the wipe dalvik command in the update-script for the ROM because the only other ROM i've seen here is flipz's stock ROM with root and he does wipe dalvik in his update-script.
thanks for the clarification!

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
good to know. i wasnt sure if it was standard pratice to include the wipe dalvik command in the update-script for the ROM because the only other ROM i've seen here is flipz's stock ROM with root and he does wipe dalvik in his update-script.
thanks for the clarification!

yeah always wipe unless its noted in the first post that its not needed. this is just for good measure and to avoid bad flashes or UID issues

J

jigglywiggly

So does video just not work with this release? You should probably mention that Toast in the beginning, unless of course it works for you.

setite

Apr 25, 2006
I am majorly tempted to try this release out, if for no other reason then to avoid HTC Sense. Besides that which does not work, is the Froyo Evo stable and useable? Or is it extreme beta in the sense that one should not use it if they want a functional phone.

johnsongrantr

Aug 10, 2007
Indianapolis
flashed this rom this morning after getting the evo, everything went smooth except for the sd card was giving me a headache.

the stock sd was fine, but if you use an sd from a previous phone (htc hero w/ ap2sd) that I had an ext4 partition in it, it will give you a major headache, had to format fat32 before this rom was able to recognize it... unfortunately lost my nandroid. So... guess I'll be staying with this rom for a while =P

----BUGS----
- roaming indicator always on, under status (not roaming)

- protected apps not showing in market, zenonia full for one

- rotate not working

- graphic intensive games locking phone up (zenonia free) live wallpapers are working correctly though.

Last edited:

maejrep

Jun 25, 2007
The roaming indicator should be fixed by the eri.xml file earlier in this thread (I thought it was added to the zip, actually .. but if not, the file I linked to should be placed in/data, and it worked for me)

Also I ran the full sensor test app, and *all* sensors (that the app tests for) worked properly. I'm not sure why rotate wouldn't work for people, as accelerometer was one of the sensors that I confirmed was working.
In fact, just look at the "Froyo on EVO4G" video.. it starts out in landscape mode, and I had to tilt the phone up for it to switch back to portrait mode. That's clearly showing the accelerometer working.

As for beta quality, I did not have any problems with the phone itself, and I was running it for a couple days. The only reason I switched back to 2.1 was because of the camera, which frankly is too good a camera to give up (for me)

Last edited:

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Any idea when the video playing will be fixed Toast?

i just got my EVO last night and i got a lot goin on today. but i hope to get to this this weekend some time. this build is alpha like a mofo, as hints the title {ROM-DEV}.

@everyone who wants to help in finding fixes. some debugging would be nice to report errors or failures of features. ill put some nice examples below:

Code:
adb logcat
can be exported to text file like so:
adb logcat>~/logcat.txt
also another is:
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/kmsg
u can also export this to a txt file like so
adb shell cat /proc/kmsg>~/kmsg.txt
cntrl+c to exit both logcat and kmsg

also when u get an out put or wanna share ur findings this is a good place to do so:
http://pastebin.com/
then just post the link here

f00bar

Dec 25, 2008
A bit OT but I want to get froyo running on my CDMA hero, I'm sure the bugs we hit will probably overlap so not too OT. What kernel is this you're using in boot.img? Were there many kernel changes in 2.1->2.2, or should it be possible to use /system from this image with hero 2.1 RUU kernel/boot.img?

Anything I should fix in /system first? I guess ro.sf.lcd_density=160 in build.prop for hero, anything else?

DroidDhakan

Dec 1, 2009
Flashed this earlier in the day. Everything thats suppose to work is working except the orientation and thats because of the sensors. The roaming fixed worked fine. This could definitely work for me as a day to day ROM. Not worried about the camera as of yet and 4G well its great but for now I don't mind it because I am on WiFi all day anyways. Looking forward to see this develop.