[ROM-DEV][M7_UL-ATT-TMO]Ubuntu Touch For HTC One [Alpha1 Online]

Search This thread

utopykzebulon

Jul 5, 2008
Grenoble
1308020334083476011432652.png

DEVELOPERS ONLY
These builds are very unstable and should not be used on a daily base. It's pretty much just a preview of a preview. Use these builds at your own risk!
Ubuntu Touch is not ready for daily usage yet and these builds lack a lot of functionality usually available in Ubuntu Touch - you have been warned!
I will publish new builds when new features are done! Please do not aks for ETAs as this is very new stuff to work on, for me.

Code:
#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

1306110343043476011282528.png
This is very early port of Ubuntu Touch for the HTC One (M7 ul, att and tmo confirmed!!!)
This is a developer preview! Do not expect it to have every bell and whistle functional.

Have fun! :D

1306110342243476011282522.png

• Andromadus for the work on cm10.1
  • Some people on Ubuntu maillinglist
  • Some people on freenode live chat
  • MonkeySnot for banners
  • Ubuntu
  • Google

Last edited:

utopykzebulon

Jul 5, 2008
Grenoble
Download & Install

1306110342183476011282520.png
Remember Ubuntu is already in pre-alpha build....
  • Alpha 1
    Initial release.

Not Working
    Wifi
    Sound
    GSM
    3G/Data

Working
    Everything else normally ;)

1306110342523476011282527.png

How to Build :

Comming soon!

1306110342323476011282523.png

Alpha 1

1. Unlock your Device or S-OFF it.
2. Do a Nand Backup
3. Full wipe your Device
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Download cm-10.1-20130802-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip
5. Download official ubuntu rootfs saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip from ubuntu cdimage.
6. Download M7-ubuntu-conf.zip
7. Flash first 4 then 5 and 6
8. Enjoy

Last edited:

jwtrockz1998

Jun 11, 2013
Auckland
Looks cool, but is this based off the developer preview that was made for nexus devices back in February, cause I ran that'll my nexus 7 and it was barley usable because of its lack of functionality.

Anyways looks promising and I'll give this a try when it gets more stable or a port of the final version of Ubuntu touch is available and ported.

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX
As a Linux guy that has ran Ubuntu since Hoary Hedgehog, I was thrilled to see this project and immediately installed the official preview on my Nexus 7 only to be extremely disappointed. It should be stressed that Ubuntu Touch is more like a whole new OS, rather than Ubuntu ported to ARM with a DE/WM optimized for small touch screens like phones and tablets.. Read up on Ubuntu Touch and it's current state before getting too excited..

With that said, I'm very excited to see this progress..

Reactions: perosredo

io53

Oct 25, 2010
Great to see Ubuntu Touch coming to the One!
Thanks.

As a Linux guy that has ran Ubuntu since Hoary Hedgehog, I was thrilled to see this project and immediately installed the official preview on my Nexus 7 only to be extremely disappointed. It should be stressed that Ubuntu Touch is more like a whole new OS, rather than Ubuntu ported to ARM with a DE/WM optimized for small touch screens like phones and tablets.. Read up on Ubuntu Touch and it's current state before getting too excited..

With that said, I'm very excited to see this progress..

You should check this out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy&hl=en
It is running on top of android, but it still is a complete Linux install that opens up tons of possibilities :).

io53

Oct 25, 2010
Alpha 1 is now online... Sorry for yesterday but I fall asleep...
I've upgraded my laptop because it was too long to build (more than 1hour...) So I bought a new cpu and added 2Gb ram :)

You swapped the CPU in a laptop? Is there laptops that let you do that?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1308020334083476011432652.png

DEVELOPERS ONLY
    These builds are very unstable and should not be used on a daily base. It's pretty much just a preview of a preview. Use these builds at your own risk!
    Ubuntu Touch is not ready for daily usage yet and these builds lack a lot of functionality usually available in Ubuntu Touch - you have been warned!
    I will publish new builds when new features are done! Please do not aks for ETAs as this is very new stuff to work on, for me.

Code:
    #include
        /*
        * Your warranty is now void.
        * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
        * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
        * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
        * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
        * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
        */

1306110343043476011282528.png
    This is very early port of Ubuntu Touch for the HTC One (M7 ul, att and tmo confirmed!!!)
    This is a developer preview! Do not expect it to have every bell and whistle functional.

Have fun! :D

1306110342243476011282522.png

• Andromadus for the work on cm10.1
    • Some people on Ubuntu maillinglist
    • Some people on freenode live chat
    • MonkeySnot for banners
    • Ubuntu
    • Google
    Download & Install

1306110342183476011282520.png
    Remember Ubuntu is already in pre-alpha build....
    • Alpha 1
      Initial release.

Not Working
      Wifi
      Sound
      GSM
      3G/Data

Working
      Everything else normally ;)

1306110342523476011282527.png

How to Build :

Comming soon!

1306110342323476011282523.png

Alpha 1

1. Unlock your Device or S-OFF it.
    2. Do a Nand Backup
    3. Full wipe your Device
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4. Download cm-10.1-20130802-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip
    5. Download official ubuntu rootfs saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip from ubuntu cdimage.
    6. Download M7-ubuntu-conf.zip
    7. Flash first 4 then 5 and 6
    8. Enjoy
    Projects

Will see to port ubuntu on m7spr.

I have also a Dual-boot project with CM10.1 to begins...
    Isn't that the point, though? You have to make it work for our device? If we already had the device specific files, it wouldn't really be porting it. Then it would just be a matter of compiling it, I'd imagine.

It is a matter of compiling it. Ubuntu touch is built daily sort of like cyanogenmods nightlies. There's not a device specific porting guide but again, it uses CM10.1 as a base to support a wide range of devices. Ive been digging around into it and lurking the irc channels getting help and asking questions. I'm going to try to do it this weekend lol. If i successfully get it on my phone without bricking something i will share. All those links ive provided him above ive studied them. I even set my my github, dual booted ubuntu, went to cm wiki, and learned how to compile cm for my phone. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Anyways, would be cool if someone more "inclined" to this kind of stuff would throw up weekly builds for us.
    Did this ever get ported the the Sprint One?

I got caught up with work :( I'd love to get back into it if there is interest! :D