[ROM/DEV] MDJ's IceCreamSandwich 4.0.1 Alpha1 [WIP]

Search This thread

amace04

Oct 12, 2010
Can't wait for a stable version. This will be going on my 3vo the moment it's up. Thanks for the great work! Glad to see some devs working on this device, rest of the world seems to have forgotten.

Jun 29, 2010
After playing around with this ROM...

I found some problems:
  • Homescreen, Google Search, Notifications, and Keyboard work slowly. But insides apps (Gmail, contact, phone, settings, even Browser), things go smoothly.
  • YouTube is not working, as does the Movie Studio.
  • Wifi icon always gray. Is it normal? I thought it must be blue when we connect to the network.
  • No lockscreen.
  • Automatically reboot sometimes.
  • LED signal is always on when there are emails or other notifications.

Hope to see new versions of Ice Cream Sandwich for EVO 3D GSM.

Last edited:

bactwan

Apr 17, 2011
ha long
I found some problems:
  • Homescreen, Google Search, Notifications, and Keyboard work slowly. But insides apps (Gmail, contact, phone, settings, even Browser), things go smoothly.
  • YouTube is not working, as does the Movie Studio.
  • Wifi icon always gray. Is it normal? I thought it must be blue when we connect to the network.
  • No lockscreen.
  • Automatically reboot sometimes.
  • LED signal is always on when there are emails or other notifications.

Hope to see new versions of Ice Cream Sandwich for EVO 3D GSM.
it is being developed . i'm waiting like you :))

coreless88

Oct 15, 2011
Istanbul
Hi,

First of all this is a great progress for 3vo GSM devices, but I have some problems and I think the root of my problems was this rom.

I installed it, worked like a charm, but I must make and recieve phone calls, so I restored my backup and saw mobile networks are vanished. *#*#4636#*#* revealed that my network mode has been stuck at the "WCDMA Preferred".

-So I tried to flash another rom = Same result
-Tried to flash another kernel = Same result
-Tried to flash another recovery and radio = Same result

Then I decided to return to roots;

-Lock the phone and make a RUU install, it failed with wrong CID error (131),
-When I corrected my CID, error transformed to Bootloader error (140).
-Then I tried to flash the original rom (PG86IMG.zip) from bootloader, it also failed with "Main version older! Update Fail!" error.

To sum it up, no matter what I did, I cannot return to factory state for a replacement but more importantly, I cannot make or recieve a single call.

Can someone tell me what did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? I am struggling to fix those problems for two days now, they irritated me so much I want to sell this phone, but I can't even sell it in this state.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My device properties:
HW Version: 0001
HBoot: 0012
Unlocked - S-ON (Still I can flash kernels with Flash Image GUI)
Rom Software Number: 1.20.401.8
Kernel version: Unity V2
Baseband Version: 10.55.9020.00U_10.13.9020.29_M

Last edited:

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
Hi,

First of all this is a great progress for 3vo GSM devices, but I have some problems and I think the root of my problems was this rom.

I installed it, worked like a charm, but I must make and recieve phone calls, so I restored my backup and saw mobile networks are vanished. *#*#4636#*#* revealed that my network mode has been stuck at the "WCDMA Preferred".

-Then I tried to flash the original rom (PG86IMG.zip) from bootloader, it also failed with "Main version older! Update Fail!" error.

To sum it up, no matter what I did, I cannot return to factory state for a replacement but more importantly, I cannot make or recieve a single call.

Can someone tell me what did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? I am struggling to fix those problems for two days now, they irritated me so much I want to sell this phone, but I can't even sell it in this state.

My device properties:

Flashing correct "PG86IMG.zip" should fix your problem as this is how I always revert back to the factory defaults before selling off my phone.
I change a lot of phones and play a lot with them but never faced any problem like this.
If you are failing to flash "PG86IMG.zip" in bootloader then I believe you might need to create a Gold Card to do that.

Feb 22, 2011
When attempting to perform the RUU, try putting the phone into bootloader and going into fastboot, then execute the RUU. Not an expert, but I've seen it resolve error 140.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App

dexteral

Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

My device properties:
I ink you can change that in settings Wcdma preferred ..... I don't exactly no where but I am sure there is a setting for that ....

Did you make a cwm backup before flashing this?

Last edited:

coreless88

Oct 15, 2011
Istanbul
Flashing correct "PG86IMG.zip" should fix your problem as this is how I always revert back to the factory defaults before selling off my phone.
I change a lot of phones and play a lot with them but never faced any problem like this.
If you are failing to flash "PG86IMG.zip" in bootloader then I believe you might need to create a Gold Card to do that.

I ink you can change that in settings Wcdma preferred ..... I don't exactly no where but I am sure there is a setting for that ....

Did you make a cwm backup before flashing this?

When attempting to perform the RUU, try putting the phone into bootloader and going into fastboot, then execute the RUU. Not an expert, but I've seen it resolve error 140.

Thank you all for your suggestions, but unfortunately I tried these ways too. Nothing seems to work, I even tried to manually delete my system on fastboot, then put back the system parts one by one (boot, recovery and system) but even this doesn't works. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

sandrivl

Nov 13, 2008
Vlore
for me didn't work

I just downloaded and flashed, when it's finished my evo continues the boot animation and anything else, did you have any idea ??? :)

jverm

Oct 31, 2011
To be more specific. I had the same thing. I just wiped cache and reflashed, worked fine

Nitemar3

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
Yeh i wiped cache , even and all the other options , reflashed and im on the white htc logo , im guessing this doesnt work for S-ON ?

EDIT: just saw your post will try that .
EDIT2:it worked

Last edited:

coreless88

Oct 15, 2011
Istanbul
Ok it seems to be really messed up right now.

Somehow I managed to make a RUU install, and my network is still gone, even after a f***ing RUU!

Also PG86IMG.zip also managed to install at fastboot, bu the result is same again.

Can anyone point me into some directions? This is day three, and I am still in this frustrating state. And I hate to say it but...

Please help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ics2.png
    ics3.png
    ics4.png
    ics1.png

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Touchscreen
    - Vibra
    - SD card
    - Sensors

Not working - WIP:
    - Audio
    - Mobile network
    - hw accelerations
    - Camera
    - 3D
    - etc

Kernel:

MDJ-AOSP-V1
    https://github.com/mdeejay/shooter_u-ics

only for test :)
    enjoy

Download:
    http://www.multiupload.com/PH91JPOOAE

preludedrew (EverVolv team)
    BuzzBumbleBee (CM team)
    and other devs for msm8x60 devices :)
    Any progress?

Sent from cyanogen 3D

today update... stay tuned :)
    I know its the wrong place to write it, but listen:

I wrote a pm to m-deejay and he mailed back a few mins ago.

He said that he will continue with the work on ics for EVO 3D when the first ruu has been leaked.

So, he's back :D
    Then don't. It's the same as anything else in life thats free. If you're going to do something and make a promise/statement and you cannot full-fill that statement, then either give a reason or don't promise it in the first place.

If I decided I'm going to help your family babysit your kid for free, I wouldn't go "I'll be coming tonight" then not show up without notice. By your logic, since I'm doing it for free, you shouldn't expect me to show up anyways. In practice, you'll be disappointed and angry nonetheless.

You were planning on flashing a ROM that night and MDJ not following through on his "promise" left you without a ROM to flash? Dude, that sucks. He totally screwed you.

BTW, Your analogy sucks.
    Then don't. It's the same as anything else in life thats free. If you're going to do something and make a promise/statement and you cannot full-fill that statement, then either give a reason or don't promise it in the first place.

If I decided I'm going to help your family babysit your kid for free, I wouldn't go "I'll be coming tonight" then not show up without notice. By your logic, since I'm doing it for free, you shouldn't expect me to show up anyways. In practice, you'll be disappointed and angry nonetheless.

Wow, can't believe I'm reading this, this is what's wrong with society, making demands, when you're getting something for free, if your a grown man then grow up, if your not your a spoilt brat. (spitting out your pacifier "where's my rom, I want it now"
    So what if he promised, he's doing this in his own spare time.
    I wish devs could block certain users from downloading a rom, you'd be one of them

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone