Mar 1, 2011
Vrbovec
Please give me links to screenshots
did you installed this rom?
it is ok?
it is constant?
How about speed?

I'm sorry that the English language is not good:(

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

really?
it is constant?
How about speed?
How about camera quality?

OMFG

For crying out loud, install it yourself and see it for yourself. God...
:eek:

Even though there are hundreds of posts here, it won't hurt you if you go back a bit and see responses from others...

Reactions: devilakos

devilakos

Oct 7, 2011
Athens
Please give me links to screenshots
did you installed this rom?
it is ok?
it is constant?
How about speed?

I'm sorry that the English language is not good:(

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

really?
it is constant?
How about speed?
How about camera quality?
i dont have this rom right now so i cant give screens...but the rom is pretty good....its really speedy/snappy and you can tell the smoothness.... but the thing is that video driver is not working so good so it has bugs in many games...also some graphic draws are buggy...
if you want a gaming rom-daily driver without any graphic issues dont install it( i dont use the rom right now because of that..but when letama fixes the issues i will definitely install it_)
also camera quality is not the best out there but its decent

Last edited:
Reactions: mehdi-18

mehdi-18

Jun 4, 2013
KHOZESTAN
i dont have this rom right now so i cant give screens...but the rom is pretty good....its really speedy/snappy and you can tell the smoothness.... but the thing is that video driver is not working so good so it has bugs in many games...also some graphic draws are buggy...
if you want a gaming rom-daily driver without any graphic issues dont install it( i dont use the rom right now because of that..but when letama fixes the issues i will definitely install it_)

Thank
i need camera every day
if the rom builder fix camera i install this room:D

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
true, but that's just a trait of non stock rom. the camera is never as good as official

Sent from my AOSP 4.3 Xperia S via Tapatalk

devilakos

Oct 7, 2011
Athens
true, but that's just a trait of non stock rom. the camera is never as good as official

ofcource, thats i am trying to explain to him
Hey @letama sorry for flooding your development thread :/....do i have permission to start a general discussion thread for this rom?this way this thread will be clean..

Reactions: Ben36

Chacc

Feb 13, 2013

The project for video driver is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2460498

This ROM is the most comfortable to use with a better "Project Butter".

Reactions: devilakos

ryan25012003

Sep 8, 2008
Jakarta
Apple compatible earphones still needs manual pairing (by pressing the play button). The headphones also gets disconnected when mic is opened.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

schickel

Mar 30, 2009
Munich
Apple compatible earphones still needs manual pairing (by pressing the play button). The headphones also gets disconnected when mic is opened.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

1,5 years ago I ask SONY-Support about headsets and they told me, that XPERIA S i using ctia-standart and iPhone headsets are omtp. Unfortunately I can't find this conversations/mails.

But, XPERIA-Blog told something different:

The CTIA standard is more common and is the one adopted by Apple iOS devices.

Sony’s move to adopt the CTIA standard for its 3.5mm jack is good news as it immediately opens up a wide range of accessories for 2012 Xperia owners.

so no one knows..... :)

I resolved this problem with Smart Headset Wireless Pro. For me the best solution

Last edited:

ryan25012003

Sep 8, 2008
Jakarta
1,5 years ago I ask SONY-Support about headsets and they told me, that XPERIA S i using ctia-standart and iPhone headsets are omtp. Unfortunately I can't find this conversations/mails.

But, XPERIA-Blog told something different:

so no one knows..... :)

I resolved this problem with Smart Headset Wireless Pro. For me the best solution

my senheiser work fine and they're apple designed ones

I have the Klipsch S4i-II, and they still require me to press the play/pause button when connecting. I also have the Smart Wireless Headset Pro but the Bluetooth connection is laggy, and I noticed a significant sound quality drop from Sony firmwares (but maybe that's the ClearBass missing). I'll probably flash back the official Sony firmware, but would really miss these 4.3 features.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
ah i see. no worries then! i don't use Bluetooth audio, it's always been bad on my Xperia since day 1 on stock rom

dreezz

Feb 24, 2011
use poweramp it has an equaliser

i prefer(red) MusiXmatch, for it's lyrics...
but i see Poweramp can use a musiXmatch plugin... so the result is almost the same (except it has to start 2 apps, so probably uses more memory).

EDIT: all sounds of this rom are very/too weak.
everythnig is set to maximum, still...
(i installed the beats installer, so can not check if it was better without it).

Last edited:

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
just thought I'd let people know, using lux auto brightness app you can set it to use the front camera and only on wake and get auto brightness pretty much working good enough :D

Reactions: nono.zz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JB AOSP 4.3 alpha 1 by LeTama

8d9c.png

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    I'm not responsible if it breaks your device! Don't install it if you want something stable.
    *** /DISCLAIMER ***

Be careful, this is a very preliminary build. Backup your stuff and expect problems.
    DON'T TRY TO FORMAT any unformated external USB drive/key with OTG cable, it could format internal storage instead !!!

Introduction

Here is my port of JB AOSP 4.3 for our Xperia S. This is a work in progress, it's currently missing few of the patches I used in 4.2.X and few things are completely untested.

Installation and downloads

1. You need unlocked bootloader and a working recovery.
    2. Download installation zip from here, mirror thanks to @androidlover007 (I know, uploaded.net is not the fastest of the earth, multipload mirrors coming soon. I'm not against posting any other mirror).
    3. Copy it to internal storage
    4. Wipe Data/Cache
    5. Install gapps for 4.3. Currently, we don't have "official" gapps from CM team, I used PA ones with good success.
    6. Reboot and let the rom settle down a bit
    7. Important: Current release has a recovery with broken offline charging, you should flash a fixed one after installing the rom to avoid any trouble. Check this post.

Kernel source code is here (branch jb-4.2-experimental).

Note: this rom flashes its own kernel that comes with TWRP recovery and last version of Boot Manager. Just use volume up/down to navigate boot manager menu and power to select if you want to go to TWRP. Don't play with Boot Manager options if you don't know what you're doing.
    Status

Working:
    • Display / 3D (with some stuttering, under investigation)
    • Audio (without LPA, won't add it)
    • Calls / SMS / MMS / Data
    • Camera (Pictures / Videos)
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Tethering
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Hardware video encoding/decoding
    • Offline charging
    • NFC
    • SELinux
    • WIFI EAP. (untested, can anyone confirm ?)

Not working:
    • FM radio: I won't implement it in aosp with current proprietaries as they will conflict with 4.2+ bluetooth.
    • HDMI.
    • Auto brightness (disabled now)
    • And probably more, let me know

Missing
    • TRIM Support

Known issues
    • 1080p video stuttering (waiting for new Sony firmware)
    • voip audio disabled, voip is going through normal channels (waiting for new Sony firmware)
    • Wifi direct disabled (waiting for new Sony firmware)
    • subway surfers game is not working
    • SuperSU not working. You can flash a working one here.
    Changelog

• 2013/08/07 - Alpha 1

- SELinux added
      - Media server crash on audio notification fixed
      - Move to SD fixed
      - Ril crash on some mvno fixed.
      - SuperSU updated to 1.51
      - 12 and 9M camera size
      - Panorama fix
      - Google backup selected as default
      - EAP finished

• 2013/08/03 - Alpha 0
    Well it worked pretty good on the open semc(4.2.2) rc1....
    On what bug do you focus now?(not asking eta's but just to have an idea)

Well, I'm still working on video driver. I thought I obtained what I wanted, using 4.3 adreno proprietaries, with the bonus of having Subway Surfers issue and probably more like Sygic fixed, but I lost camera preview in the process. Still trying to understand why and fix it.

I integrated the new proprietaries from 1.96. they indeed fix the 1080p problem, I'm still waiting for Sony source code to add the other fixes they added in kernel.

If I can fix this preview release and add these kernel fixes, I'll do another alpha and see what will be next.
    Alpha 1 released, see changes in 3rd post.

I'm still working on the 3D/display stuttering, it seems that at least vsync is broken.
    @htcp3300fun, your issue should be fixed in this one, can you confirm ? Thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone