#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot. */
I built a ROM from Stock Chinese XT532 SBF. This is ROM uses kernel 220.127.116.11. This ROM is the stock XT532 ROM.
Newer kernel version. Existing XT530/XT531 Kernels are Froyo Kernel. This kernel is the actual Gingerbread Kernel.
Newer drivers, so increased performance.
New Experimental Build Based on 2nd-init:
ROM Download For 2nd-init: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196536
Instructions on how to install 2nd-init ROM for XT530/XT531:
1. Flash back stock XT530/XT531 SBF via RSD-Lite.
2. Root and Install Bootmenu/CWM.
3. Put ROM zip in your SD Card.
4. Reboot device into CWM Recovery.
5. Wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache.
6. Install the zip from SD Card.
7. Reboot Phone.
8. Your Done.
If the ROM boots up via 2nd-init properly then we will be one step closer to CyanogenMod. This ROM uses the XT532 ramdisk and boots it via 2nd-init. 2nd-init ROM uses the stock 18.104.22.168 XT530/XT531 to execute XT532 ramdisk and runs it on top of the XT530/XT531 kernel.
Build based on boot.img and ROM
How to install a ROM not based on 2nd-init:
1. Install Bootmenu
2. Put ROM zip on the SD Card.
3. Download boot.img
4. Open a CMD line and cd to the folder where you put "boot.img" file.
5. Flash the boot.img via fastboot:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. Install the zip from sdcard.
8. Wipe cache/data factory reset from CWM Recovery.
9. Reboot phone.
10. You're done.
If radio isn't working, try using these instructions:
1. Download hidden.img and flex.img
2. Put the two img files in the same folder as fastboot.
3. Open a cmd file and cd to the folder which contains the img files.
4. Reboot the phone back into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash flex flex.img
fastboot flash hidden hidden.img
NOTE: These instructions also work for 2nd-init ROMs for Motorola Fire XT530/XT531.
Sorry, Motorola hasn't released the kernel source for XT532 which the ROM is based on. The ROM uses an unmodified Motorola XT532 Kernel.
You tell me as I don't own a Motorola Fire XT530/XT531