[ROM][DEVELOPMENT][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Just flashed this and super impressed, I can't seem to get back into TWRP though. (I want to flash su & gapps) tried flashing it via adb but nothing happens. Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to carry on messing around with it incase I end up bricking it. Thanks
Have you solved this? If not, follow this guide here on the old lineage pages. Go for the chapter "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot"
Good luck

xda57

May 29, 2009
istanbul
www.fenerbahce.org
I cannot install drivers on a win10 64bit computer. I'm about to go crazy because I've been trying to do this for days. The computer definitely does not see the tablet. I have read almost all the threads on XDA. Nothing worked please help me.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
I cannot install drivers on a win10 64bit computer. I'm about to go crazy because I've been trying to do this for days. The computer definitely does not see the tablet. I have read almost all the threads on XDA. Nothing worked please help me.
as always here in the forums: what are you trying to install? are you getting error messages while installing? what are they?
Apart from that: any chance to try using a Linux machine? Highly recommended as you don't need drivers in the first place. Just install adb and fastboot and off you go

Rozamar

Nov 7, 2012
Hello, my lovely old Tablet Z is still amazing hardware, but unfortunately some apps need are no longer supported.

So I'm trying to update it. I've never worked with custom ROMs, but I have expirience with ADB and Samsung/LG recoveryies.

Looking at the main page I see I will probably have some problems, so let me ask few questions before I start the bricking attemps...

1) It is the original Android it came - 4.1.2. I see TWRP 3.2.1 is not compatible with Android 5, 5.1
Does this mean I need an earlier version? Then update the Android, and again TWRP probably?

2) What ist the difference between windy and the standard package? Or I need both installed as mentioned in the above post.

3) Is the custm HW of the Tablet Z supported? I didn't see the IR blaster nor the dock port mentioned.

Thanks and love you for still supporting the great device!

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hello, my lovely old Tablet Z is still amazing hardware, but unfortunately some apps need are no longer supported.

So I'm trying to update it. I've never worked with custom ROMs, but I have expirience with ADB and Samsung/LG recoveryies.

Looking at the main page I see I will probably have some problems, so let me ask few questions before I start the bricking attemps...

1) It is the original Android it came - 4.1.2. I see TWRP 3.2.1 is not compatible with Android 5, 5.1
Does this mean I need an earlier version? Then update the Android, and again TWRP probably?

2) What ist the difference between windy and the standard package? Or I need both installed as mentioned in the above post.

3) Is the custm HW of the Tablet Z supported? I didn't see the IR blaster nor the dock port mentioned.

Thanks and love you for still supporting the great device!
Hello!

1. Latest TWRP don't work with stock firmwares. You'll have to unlock bootloader, and install TWRP first, then install custom ROM.
2. Pollux=SGP321, Pollux_windy=SGP311/312.
3. Not all features (including IR) are supported and work.

Reactions: Rozamar

djibe89

May 24, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Hi,
I have a few bugs with september and december 2020 builds (I use Magisk 22 and F2FS for cache) :

- MTP doesn't work
- Data/LTE doesn't work
- Developer options are not accessible

Anyone has these problems ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update build 2021/04/13
    Changes:
    • April 2021 Android security patch
    Changes:
    Thanks for keeping this device alive (y)
    Changes:
    Thank you 😊 very much appreciated!
    Changes:
    Thank you very much for continuing to keep this old tablet alive.(y):)
    This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
    About ROM
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
    • Download the latest build
    • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    Downloads
    Pollux: AFH
    Pollux_windy: AFH
    LineageOS addonsu for root access
    • (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    • (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    • (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    • (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    • Reboot
    Recommended Recovery (optional)
    Gapps (optional)
    OpenGapps (ARM/Android-9.x): http://opengapps.org
    Sources
    Kernel: apq8064

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, AdrianDC, Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
    Testing
    Beta Release Date: 2021-04-13

Created 2019-04-26
    Last Updated 2021-04-13
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Nano Ok
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz only)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Work In Progress
    - Microphone : Ok