• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DEVELOPMENT][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

muellerm30

Dec 28, 2012
Hi

I know this isnt the right place to post but I'd like to install this ROM but I really messed up. I was running LOS 14.1 and I wiped all data and cant flash a ROM because ADB is unauthorized. I cant flash a ROM.

So right now all I've got is TWRP and this:

C:\bin\pollux_windy>adb devices
List of devices attached
CB5A1R2CQW unauthorized

Do I need to go to stock? On that note I cant find a good link for the flashtool for the life of me.

I figured with some OS on it I could enable debugging...

I tried doing something with the keys but I dont have a /data/misc/adb folder when using the explorer in TWRP using this guide:

Any help direction or the best forum to post this is greatly appreciated.

Chatbox

Jun 8, 2006
Is anyone seeing display lag issue when setting / selecting wallpaper on the home screen? (Using latest build on pollux_windy, completely wiped and flashed)

dawid_mlyn

Aug 9, 2021
Hello @Chatbox,

Yes, I also noticed lags, when changing wallpapers (via holding your finger on Home Screen and selecting Wallpapers).

I did my first ever Lineage OS install recently. I used lineage-16.0-20210608-UNOFFICIAL-pollux_windy.zip build and followed all the instructions from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-or-wifi-any-version-to-android-9-pie.3392831 for Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi.

Everything works fine, including the camera and 5GHz Wi-Fi network. The only thing that bothered me, were lags while setting / selecting / scrolling default wallpapers. I noticed they were not scaling (or fitting) nicely, too. The workaround, was to create my own squared wallpapers (1920x1920), so that they match the native width of the display while in horizontal or vertical position.

Now I have a few custom wallpapers in the Gallery. They fit much better than the stock ones. You can set them without lags, if you do it via the Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Wallpaper -> Gallery -> Select item -> SET WALLPEPER. It's a lot of tapping, but going directly to Gallery bypasses displaying stock wallpapers, hence there are no lags.

UPDATE: The fastest way is to select Gallery from your Home Screen -> Choose a picture and tap on options (...) -> Set picture as -> SET WALLPAPER. It sets both Home & lock screen backgrounds at once.

If you find any better solution, please let me know. I attach a couple of my squared wallpapers, if you want to test them out. Cheers!

Moon at night squered.jpg

River Home squered.jpg

Flowing Ribbon squered.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tres_linguas

Chatbox

Jun 8, 2006
Hello @Chatbox,

Yes, I also noticed lags, when changing wallpapers (via holding your finger on Home Screen and selecting Wallpapers).

I did my first ever Lineage OS install recently. I used lineage-16.0-20210608-UNOFFICIAL-pollux_windy.zip build and followed all the instructions from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-or-wifi-any-version-to-android-9-pie.3392831 for Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi.

Everything works fine, including the camera and 5GHz Wi-Fi network. The only thing that bothered me, were lags while setting / selecting / scrolling default wallpapers. I noticed they were not scaling (or fitting) nicely, too. The workaround, was to create my own squared wallpapers (1920x1920), so that they match the native width of the display while in horizontal or vertical position.

Now I have a few custom wallpapers in the Gallery. They fit much better than the stock ones. You can set them without lags, if you do it via the Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Wallpaper -> Gallery -> Select item -> SET WALLPEPER. It's a lot of tapping, but going directly to Gallery bypasses displaying stock wallpapers, hence there are no lags.

UPDATE: The fastest way is to select Gallery from your Home Screen -> Choose a picture and tap on options (...) -> Set picture as -> SET WALLPAPER. It sets both Home & lock screen backgrounds at once.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. This is great!!!

Also, HUGE thank you to CaHbKaUp for the continual monthly builds!!

Reactions: dawid_mlyn

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hello @Chatbox,
If you find any better solution, please let me know. I attach a couple of my squared wallpapers, if you want to test them out. Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
    About ROM
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
    • Download the latest build
    • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    Downloads
    Pollux: AFH
    Pollux_windy: AFH
    LineageOS addonsu for root access
    • (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    • (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    • (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    • (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    • Reboot
    Recommended Recovery (optional)
    Gapps (optional)
    OpenGapps (ARM/Android-9.x): http://opengapps.org
    Sources
    Kernel: apq8064

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, AdrianDC, Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
    Testing
    Beta Release Date: 2021-09-16

Created 2019-04-26
    Last Updated 2021-09-17
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Nano Ok
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz only)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Work In Progress
    - Microphone : Ok